Black Swan

I'm just gonna say it: Natalie has freakishly short arms.

:run:

Anyways, they modified a lot of movements to compensate for that, throwing off a lot of the traditional Black Swan choreography. I think that, coupled with the already so-so dancing as mentioned by Pterodactyl, was what made her seem so un-balletic. But again, Pterodactyl put it perfectly, the movie was made for entertainment, it's not like she was dancing with the NYCB.

This film is a great thinspiration!
But you now who the real thinspo is for me?
Sarah Lane! Natalie's dance double!
sarah%2012.jpg

sblane.jpg

OB-NH738_lane14_EV_20110330144849.jpg

One of my favorites of all times and I watch a lot of movies. haha have to say, that sex scene was the hottest thing I've ever seen! :p Mila and Natalie are so amazing on every level, they are the ultimate thinspiration.

From seeing this thread and all the pictures from the movie, i figured i would finally watch it. Really good movie and totally love the going to the bar and getting messed up, but the part in her bed where he legs bend backwards like a swam kinda horrified me. But otherwise good movie.

I'm a fan of how cute and tiny both girls looked in the movie. The scene where the director/dancing master is dancing with Natalie, his hands can go around practically her entire upper body. Impressive. I can't stand the part where she scissors her finger in half or rips the feathers out of her back- SCARY! Still can't decide whether or not she died at the end though?

I'm a fan of how cute and tiny both girls looked in the movie. The scene where the director/dancing master is dancing with Natalie, his hands can go around practically her entire upper body. Impressive. I can't stand the part where she scissors her finger in half or rips the feathers out of her back- SCARY! Still can't decide whether or not she died at the end though?

I believe she was meant to have died in the end :) by stabbing herself with the mirror shard, when she thought she was stabbing Lily.

This movie was SUCH a trigger to me but I loved it......esp b/c I was a dancer.

I loved this film, went to see it with my mom on the day it came out so we had no forewarning about, ahem, certain scenes. But aside from those, I really enjoyed it and thought Mila looked great.

interview/mila kunis/ http://collider.com/mila-kunis-interview-black-swan/60667/

How relieved were you when this film was over, so that you could just go pig out on food?

KUNIS: Oh, my god! You have no idea! It took me five months to lose 20 pounds, and it took me hours to gain it back. It was magical, how quickly it all happened. Before production ended, the last time I had to do any sort of dancing, I ran home that night and had a massive bowl of mac and cheese. I was so excited. Going back to my poor eating habits, after having really good eating habits, my stomach was a little unsettled, but after production ended, the first thing I did was go and get Panda Express at the airport terminal, at Virgin America at JFK, and I was so excited. And then, I landed in L.A., got in my car, drove to In-N-Out and had a double-double, animal style with a root beer float, and it was fantastic. That is what I did. It was so good.
:nopity:

A lot of people in the dance community hated Black Swan, but I'm a ballet dancer myself (not at a professional level, mind you) and I adored it :) I don't think anything about it was harmful to the name of ballet or something, I'm sure the audience can distinguish actual reality from the exaggerated reality of a film.

THIS. My English tutor is an ex-ballet dancer. She danced professional internationally, she's about 60-something now and she STILL looks like Natalie does in BS, tiny, perfect posture.. Le sigh, such inspiration. Sorry, I digress, anyway she absolutely HATED the movie. Could not stand it. But I think it should be taken for what it was, a f***ing awesome scary psychological thriller about a ballet dancer, not a ballet documentary. And personally I LOVE :luv: this movie

This is so true! It's meant to be a formalist take on one ballerina's fictional experience. I'm watching it right now because I've had a lot of stressors make me wanna much ---not to mention my rising hunger in the wintertime ---and when I just look at the film I remember how beautiful a ballerina body is. If I was petite I would emulate them! Alas ---my ballet career ended when I shot to 5'10! It's just not practical ---especially for partnering.

I really like the performances in this movie. Natalie Portman has the most subtley beautiful facial expressions. She never over-does anything.

Mila Kunis just embodies freedom and release.

Loved the movie. The first time I watched it was on a plane when my school's travel club went to Europe. I have to say, sitting beside my English teacher for those sex scenes was kind of awkward ...

Agreed with all of you about watching the lesbian scene and masturbation scenes with my mom :p I kind of scooted away from her in the theatre when those appeared :lol:

The first time I watched this movie it made my heart pounded so fast it was almost like a scary movie too me... but Natalie Portman is just amazing! I wish I had learned ballet when I was younger.