Black prom dress?

P

Paperdoll

I'm in a bit of dilemma. You see, I bought a black one shoulder knee length dress for my upcoming prom. My partner said he wanted to get a white tux since my dress is fully black. Do you think a black dress + white tux would look okay? I'm just a bit wary because I don't really see people wear white tuxes very often and it seems a little weird :wtf:

help >.< need opinions!

I think it is perfectly fine. At my grad, in Canadian we dont have a prom. But we had two guys who are friends that went together as dumb and dumber, so in a light baby blue tux and then an orange tux.... just how chill us canadians are lol. I have also seen guys in all white then with light baby blue tie or w.e i think white tux is the least fo your worries

Totally ok, but if you are going to the prom officially as a couple, it's a good idea for a man to match his tie to his woman's dress.

Imo it would look great if he wore a white jacket, with a black tie, pants and shoes. It would be more tricky if his pants are white too, because then black shoes would look kinda quirky, but it is essential to match tie to something at least.

PS. White suits and tuxedos are not as unusual at all, as you may think. During spring/summer season It's actually a more popular choice than black.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay ^^ seems like a white tux is okay then. I live in Australia, and people here don't really make crazy/weird/out of the box fashion choices~

WOW o__O I can't even imagine an orange tux *shudders*. I'll just go along with my ball date's choice since he wanted something "original" :)

Thanks to you all :D :D :D