Black Milk: Trashy or Trendy?

Feb 5, 2012
Good ol' US of A
http://blackmilkclothing.com/

They are a spandex clothing brand that prints images on swimsuits, dresses, and leggings. I have a lot of friends who are totally obsessed with them. My friend spends all her money on them. She has galaxy leggings, A tardis dress (Doctor Who thing), and a map of middle earth dress. (Ok, I have to admit I like that one.) I've thought about buying a dress for conventions (yes I'm a nerd) But I'm not sure if they are just a little cheap looking, scene, or even worth blowing 75-99 bucks on.

Anyway, feedback?

Btw, these are from their FB page. They post images of customers in their gear.
543933_538950229457397_1870732512_n.jpg

542056_535870453098708_655938_n.jpg

71669_534178549934565_1117425933_n.png

380658_530555893630164_650336613_n.jpg

(love that last photo, whoever she is, I think she's gorgeous :luv:)

I like the clothes but they are waaaaaay to expensive.

But no, I don't think you would look cheap wearing them.

Here in Australia their stuff is worn usually by girls who wear too much fake tan who want to seem cool because they go to the Big Day Out* and listen to Triple J** and drink cider.

*The big day out was cool in about 1995 but every music festival here gets overrun by dickheads as soon as it gets popular enough. The bogans who go there are run around with Australian flags over their shoulders (as a symbol of wishing the White Australia Policy was still around) still love it though.
**Triple J is the radio station you listen to if you want to seem like you're cool and alternative but don't actually have taste

Here in Australia their stuff is worn usually by girls who wear too much fake tan who want to seem cool because they go to the Big Day Out* and listen to Triple J** and drink cider.

*The big day out was cool in about 1995 but every music festival here gets overrun by dickheads as soon as it gets popular enough. The bogans who go there are run around with Australian flags over their shoulders (as a symbol of wishing the White Australia Policy was still around) still love it though.
**Triple J is the radio station you listen to if you want to seem like you're cool and alternative but don't actually have taste

Yeah.... most of the girls I have met who wear BM are either the American version of that, hipster festival girls, or they are cute nerds who like the clothes cause of the patterns. I like the idea of being a cute nerd, :grin:, but not so much the idea of being thought of as a scene girl because I really am not.

Most stuff is a combination of the two... Certainly trendy, but that unfortunately doesn't mean that it's not a little trashy. I just find the clothes a little loud and cheap-looking, especially for the price.

Howevah, there are some cute things. Like, I would cut bitches for this R2-D2 swimsuit they had a while back, regardless of how tacky I know it is. A wee little bit tacky in your closet never hurts, IMO ;)

First: this
is disgusting.

Anyway.
I've never bought anything by Black Milk, so I can't talk about quality here.
But IMO, neither trashy nor trendy are fitting terms... :lol:
I've also noticed that it's worn by hipster or wannabe-scene girls alot, which makes it kinda unappealing to me.
But actually they're selling some pretty cool stuff...

Interesting, because on their FB where the clothing brand posts stuff, they seem to have a very strict no fatties policy. I have seen some girls I would consider big, but no one who could be considered big by like, the commonwealth.

I think it's too expensive, but some of the items are kinda cool like the galaxy swimsuit. IMO only to be worn by really skinny (teenage) girls, and only one piece + a lot of basic, one colour items. Not to be combined with more flashy prints etc

I think it's too expensive, but some of the items are kinda cool like the galaxy swimsuit. IMO only to be worn by really skinny (teenage) girls, and only one piece + a lot of basic, one colour items. Not to be combined with more flashy prints etc

Exactly my thoughts, right there.

Tacky and childish looking to me:run:

Edit: Though I like the galaxy dresses

A girl I know wore galaxy leggings that looked like the ones in this thread and I asked her if the planet on the back was "Uranus"...she didn't find it funny. Anyway, it's not my style but I think everything can look classy or trashy depending on how you wear it! :) (unless you're going out in a leopard print thong with "hoe" on it in gold or something)

Reactions: 1 users
I think you have to a) be skinny and have the right shape and b) wear them right to make them not look trashy....IMHO

I have the Cathedral Dress for my birthday and have had the red galaxy leggings for quite a bit. I actually wanted the cathedral leggings but my boo got that kind of mixed up and I'm not going to complain about a present that took 2 weeks to get here :p

I really love both, the quality is great. The material is really thick yet they print is crisp. I'm not a huge fan of the most recent stuff they've done, but I wear the two pieces that I have quite often. I recommend!