Bill Nye Saves the World

quipawiticism

Rising Star
Dec 21, 2014
Vancouver
I have been waiting and waiting for this show to launch on Netflix, and I've binged half of it already. Bill has a bunch of celebrity correspondents, guests and other scientists that debate, etc. I am totally loving it. My inner nerd is very pleased.

Anyone else watching Bill Nye's new show?!

Attachments

• Bill_Nye_Saves_world_poster-1492470090.jpg
    Bill_Nye_Saves_world_poster-1492470090.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: 2 users
Ahh I haven't yet! It's on my list.

Guess which episode of these I'm most excited about... :grin:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 7.41.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 7.41.32 PM.png
    383.6 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: 1 user
I've gotta admit, I just checked out the "This Diet is Bananas" episode, but I'm not impressed.

It's more like a poorly done sketch comedy show than a science show. It's awkward, stilted, and Karlee Kloss does a god-awful and basic job of hosting her segment.

There was an off-color bulimia joke at the end which was supposed to garner a laugh and hit a nerve with me as well, and I'm not usually offended by things.

4/10. The novelty of the idea of the show, for nostalgia's sake, is better than the show itself.

• Agree
I agree about the Food one, I had such high hopes for it, especially since I loved the vaccine and sexuality ones. Also, Karlie Kloss in general annoys me, so there's that. I still have to say I love Bill Nye though. He's ridiculous.

• Agree
I've gotta admit, I just checked out the "This Diet is Bananas" episode, but I'm not impressed.

It's more like a poorly done sketch comedy show than a science show. It's awkward, stilted, and Karlee Kloss does a god-awful and basic job of hosting her segment.

There was an off-color bulimia joke at the end which was supposed to garner a laugh and hit a nerve with me as well, and I'm not usually offended by things.

4/10. The novelty of the idea of the show, for nostalgia's sake, is better than the show itself.

I watched the first episode and already agree with you about the poorly done comic show vibe. It seems like Netflix blatantly capitalizing on cultural nostalgia with a low-effort reboot.

Oh Jesus, what was the bulimia "joke"? Do I want to know...