Bill Nye Saves the World

Discussion in 'Television' started by quipawiticism, Apr 22, 2017.

1. quipawiticism

quipawiticism Worker Bee

I have been waiting and waiting for this show to launch on Netflix, and I've binged half of it already. Bill has a bunch of celebrity correspondents, guests and other scientists that debate, etc. I am totally loving it. My inner nerd is very pleased.

Anyone else watching Bill Nye's new show?!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. bougainvilleas

bougainvilleas Rising Star

Ahh I haven't yet! It's on my list.

Guess which episode of these I'm most excited about... :grin:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. art hoe

art hoe Worker Bee

okay, I'm sold. Watching now.

4. art hoe

art hoe Worker Bee

I've gotta admit, I just checked out the "This Diet is Bananas" episode, but I'm not impressed.

It's more like a poorly done sketch comedy show than a science show. It's awkward, stilted, and Karlee Kloss does a god-awful and basic job of hosting her segment.

There was an off-color bulimia joke at the end which was supposed to garner a laugh and hit a nerve with me as well, and I'm not usually offended by things.

4/10. The novelty of the idea of the show, for nostalgia's sake, is better than the show itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. quipawiticism

quipawiticism Worker Bee

I agree about the Food one, I had such high hopes for it, especially since I loved the vaccine and sexuality ones. Also, Karlie Kloss in general annoys me, so there's that. I still have to say I love Bill Nye though. He's ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bougainvilleas

bougainvilleas Rising Star

I watched the first episode and already agree with you about the poorly done comic show vibe. It seems like Netflix blatantly capitalizing on cultural nostalgia with a low-effort reboot.

Oh Jesus, what was the bulimia "joke"? Do I want to know...