• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Bill Nye Saves the World

quipawiticism

Worker Bee
I have been waiting and waiting for this show to launch on Netflix, and I've binged half of it already. Bill has a bunch of celebrity correspondents, guests and other scientists that debate, etc. I am totally loving it. My inner nerd is very pleased.

Anyone else watching Bill Nye's new show?!

Attachments

art hoe

Rising Star
I've gotta admit, I just checked out the "This Diet is Bananas" episode, but I'm not impressed.

It's more like a poorly done sketch comedy show than a science show. It's awkward, stilted, and Karlee Kloss does a god-awful and basic job of hosting her segment.

There was an off-color bulimia joke at the end which was supposed to garner a laugh and hit a nerve with me as well, and I'm not usually offended by things.

4/10. The novelty of the idea of the show, for nostalgia's sake, is better than the show itself.

• Agree
Reactions: espressoenthusiast

quipawiticism

Worker Bee
I agree about the Food one, I had such high hopes for it, especially since I loved the vaccine and sexuality ones. Also, Karlie Kloss in general annoys me, so there's that. I still have to say I love Bill Nye though. He's ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: Ange

bougainvilleas

Rising Star
I've gotta admit, I just checked out the "This Diet is Bananas" episode, but I'm not impressed.

It's more like a poorly done sketch comedy show than a science show. It's awkward, stilted, and Karlee Kloss does a god-awful and basic job of hosting her segment.

There was an off-color bulimia joke at the end which was supposed to garner a laugh and hit a nerve with me as well, and I'm not usually offended by things.

4/10. The novelty of the idea of the show, for nostalgia's sake, is better than the show itself.
I watched the first episode and already agree with you about the poorly done comic show vibe. It seems like Netflix blatantly capitalizing on cultural nostalgia with a low-effort reboot.

Oh Jesus, what was the bulimia "joke"? Do I want to know...