Biggest Loser Mutiny

A

AmorFlaco

What do you think of the week 16 episode of Biggest Loser? All the players just bonded together and decided that they weren't going to allow an eliminated player come back and have a chance for coming back. They all say they want to quit.

I'm really disappointed in evereryone. They seemed like a nice bunch. And now the drama that's happening... there're probably going to be legal issues...

I think it's so selfish of the players to not want someone to come back. It's so childlike... I mean like, yea, this is reality TV and a game show above all, but still they're in it to make their own lives better. This TV show has helped them shed all this weight for no cost and they're being so disrespectful.

here's a link to watching it: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/week-16/1396999/

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see the show, but if a player was eliminated than it's not fair to the others to let him/her come back. Its a competition. I'd be mad too.

lol. Well two bad for the two dudes that went home... conda and meg and the other guy still stayed and now have a good chance at winning!

The point of this show is to give obese people a chance to lose weight and become healthier, NOT winning the competition. If an eliminated contestant is given another chance for a better health and life, I would be fine with that.

I was so dissapointed when i watched that last night. People would kill for a chance like they got and they seemed so ungrateful. Every season they bring back the contestant who lost the most weight at home, and if you ask me that person has every right to be there because they had to work twice as hard at home with all the distractions and the temptations. The two who went home should be ashamed of them selfs. They're quitters and i wouldn't be surprised if they gain the weight back.

I was so disappointed in Mark and Buddy for leaving the show. The whole point of Biggest Loser is to regain your health and make changes for the better. The theme of the season was even 'No Excuses'. Biggest Loser provides them with amazing trainers, an amazing gym, a trip to Hawaii and the White House and they decided it was 'unfair' that a previous contestant could be brought back to compete. This happens every season...and it was stated clearly in the contract they signed for the show. I just think it's a big loss for them, there are a lot of people that would kill for that opportunity. They were two of my favorite contestants too, now Kim is my only favorite left. I hope she wins.

Has Conda left? I stopped watching after 5-6 ep.

omg no not yet. Conda gets me soo mad! She's one of the only two that are left. I think Meg deserves to win even though I think Conda has lost more... well it's only because she was fatter to start off with.

Downright shame.
This is the 2nd season of the show I'm watching & they're some people this season who are just so MEAN and bitchy!
Like Conda/Kim were about the Aqua brother/sister team when they came back.

It's a tv show at the end of the day - people aren't going to be coming back every week if there isn't stuff pulling them in. You signed a contract - man up!
This isn't a iTunes Terms & Conditions document you can tick off without reading.

The point of this show is to give obese people a chance to lose weight and become healthier, NOT winning the competition. If an eliminated contestant is given another chance for a better health and life, I would be fine with that.

The point of the show is to make money, I don't care what Jillian Michael's says. And if it wasn't a competition there wouldn't be a cash prize at the end.

The point of the show is to make money, I don't care what Jillian Michael's says. And if it wasn't a competition there wouldn't be a cash prize at the end.

I meant that if I were a fatty, I would participate for HEALTH and yeah, maybe the money, but health is better. And I meant what I said in the point of view of the contestants, not the producers. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

I meant that if I were a fatty, I would participate for HEALTH and yeah, maybe the money, but health is better. And I meant what I said in the point of view of the contestants, not the producers. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

My bad. I would participate for health too, although I've heard a lot of the contestants have health problems. Apparently some of the contestants go to extreme lengths to win the competition, even taking diuretics to the point of dehydration. And a lot of them just gain the weight back. I'm sorry that show just annoys me. Yeah, its great motivation, but it doesn't actually teach people how to live a healthy lifestyle in the real world. Anyone could lose weight with Jillian Michael's screaming at them 24/7. But here in Reality Land, where you only have yourself to answer to...well, that's another story entirely.

Here's a link to the article where I read al this. One contestant admits he dehydrated himself to the point of peeing blood! And guess what, he gained back every single pound. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/business/media/25loser.html?pagewanted=all

Edit: Also, the merchandizing centered around the show generates $100 million per year for NBC. I don't think they care about helping these people at all. Especially not Jillian, who is so into making money that she even sells diet pills. If she cared about healthy weight loss she wouldn't let her name be associated with something like that.

Edit: Also, the merchandizing centered around the show generates $100 million per year for NBC. I don't think they care about helping these people at all. Especially not Jillian, who is so into making money that she even sells diet pills. If she cared about healthy weight loss she wouldn't let her name be associated with something like that.

I've never actually watched the show but I have been seeing adverts everywhere. Apparently, the guy trainer (Bob?) also has some diet pills/supplements coming out. Plus a book, DVDs, and so on.
I wonder if the people who buy all this stuff realize that they'd have far more success if they used to money to get healthy food or hire a real personal trainer or see a nutritionish, etc. But, you know that stuff is too expensive.:rolleyes:

I've never actually watched the show but I have been seeing adverts everywhere. Apparently, the guy trainer (Bob?) also has some diet pills/supplements coming out. Plus a book, DVDs, and so on.
I wonder if the people who buy all this stuff realize that they'd have far more success if they used to money to get healthy food or hire a real personal trainer or see a nutritionish, etc. But, you know that stuff is too expensive.:rolleyes:

Exactly! It annoys me so much that these people claim to be advocating healthy weight loss, but then just hawk the same gimmicky crap that everyone else does.

All of the episodes are on netflix watch instantly so I have been watching all of the previous seasons nonstop lately. I wish they could take body fat into account. I feel like sometimes people win because they loose a lot of water weight. People who gain a bunch of muscle and look way more fit don't win because they don't lose quite as much pounds. Also, is anyone else really annoyed by the sneaky commercials they put in the show. The trainers are always talking about "extra sugar free gum" or "sugar free jello" or "quaker oatmeal" or "fiber one granola bars" and its so obvious that they're only telling the contestants to eat it because those companies sponser show. If the trainers were going to tell them to eat something they wouldn't recommend a processed fiber one bar, they would tell the contestants to eat some produce.

Also, is anyone else really annoyed by the sneaky commercials they put in the show.

Yes! Especially the subway commercials.... or in the last episode Kim won a car and one of the trainer explained about 5 minutes how great it is.... i don't think it's very subtle what they are doing and i also find it annoying :(