Betsey Johnson

tumblr_mbind43zse1qc8zawo1_500.gif

Reactions: 10 users
It's very strange.
binhbo.png

ok....
Hopefully this will deter a few of them from joining at least.
What does this even mean?
"I joined just so I would get banned."
She's such a brat. She gets a verbal smackdown and callout, so she backpedals and starts acting like this was part of some grand scheme, like some shitty comic book villain. We're not stupid, Amber; why would you go through all the trouble to even be allowed to be a member of the forum if your plan was to make immature threads and get banned in less than a month? She can't even say that it was just to get 'insider info,' because she didn't last long enough to get to the important sections of the forum.

At least we don't have to worry about too many of those idiots coming here, since the majority of them are apparently 200lbs+.

Also, I'm still in awe at her using her real name, and directly linking to her website where she talks about where she lives, and has a picture of her face. She's so arrogant and proud of her, likely mediocre, book that she just ignores any and all ideas of privacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I'm surprised this girl gives her identity away on every site she goes on. I mean, her entire social circle must know she's been a part of SG, the pro ana forums and 'hates' her publisher!
For a 24 year old, she seems very irresponsible.

I'm surprised this girl gives her identity away on every site she goes on. I mean, her entire social circle must know she's been a part of SG, the pro ana forums and 'hates' her publisher!
For a 24 year old, she seems very irresponsible.

I don't think she really has a publisher. Her books looked self published to me and everything else she said sounded more like she'd submitted something and they'd asked for a full manuscript but I think if she was genuinely under consideration then she'd have to keep quiet because there would be an agreement in place or something.

I don't think she really has a publisher. Her books looked self published to me and everything else she said sounded more like she'd submitted something and they'd asked for a full manuscript but I think if she was genuinely under consideration then she'd have to keep quiet because there would be an agreement in place or something.
Judging from the comments etc on her fb page, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even have a social circle. Just a strange group of collected 'online acquaintances'. Definitely some very deep rooted issues there.

Maybe she got a rejection letter and flipped out?
I think she has an attention seeking tendency; from what I've briefly seen of her she seems a bit ostentatious/braggy?

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe she got a rejection letter and flipped out?
I think she has an attention seeking tendency; from what I've briefly seen of her she seems a bit ostentatious/braggy?

Just a bit :smash:
I have missed all the fun because I've been ignoring her since the cake drama :oops: I've spend the last hour catching up on her case, such a good laugh! You ladies have been perfect at kicking this nut out

:drama: always fun

ok i went to that MPA,itis a gross mess. she is still arguing about us,some give it to her back - but most say bad things of SG -
http://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/348443-skinny-gossip-membership/

and,google her name,her SG profile up high!! :run:
Yeah I admit I go on it too, but I mostly just lurk on the recovery section of the site because it warms my heart to see someone wanting to get better, and wanting to recover (although I don't think attempting to recover on a pro-ana site is going to help much). The rest of the site is just pure shit. I found that thread yesterday while snooping on Amber's profile, and was surprised to see that a few of our members were standing up for SkinnyGossip, although I think that we all should just ignore this thread on MyProAna and let the pro-ana's think whatever the hell they want. They argue like they're 5 years old, it's not worth fighting with them because they'll never understand the full story, and what this site is really about. It's great drama and entertainment though, so whoever is trying to show the pro-ana's the true story, continue if you want, just know that you're probably never going to get it through their sick delusional skulls that SkinnyGossip isn't a pro-ana website, and that we don't have ED's. I also doubt that you'll prove to them that Amber is a self-centered obnoxious cunt, but if you manage to show them Amber's true side, then kudos to you, you get extra credit from me!

^ thank you for the link, @Runweigh

It's so clique-ish and high schoolish. The site is run by a 30-year-old woman who can't leave her popularity behind in high school, so she chose to make a website for it devoted to girls who can't leave their popularity behind, either. Of course, what's sad is there are impressionable teens on that site who take on the queen-bee attitude and are likely going to carry it with them for the rest of their lives. There are nice girls on there, but they are VERY rare.

fruity:
Also, wasn't every status about one's self? I recall one girl saying she couldn't wait to wear her expensive designer shoes. I looked up the price of the designer, and the shoes start in like the 600 USD range. How is that not bragging? How is that not a status about onself? But then there are plenty of girls on there who brag about what designer hoarders they are. If you're not wearing [insert expensive designer here], you're going to be shamed if you show an article of clothing that isn't from Michael Kors or Chanel or whatever.

I got shamed for mentioning a Juicy Couture track suit I bought but couldn't find on the internet. I don't even know if it's considered designer anymore since it's sold at Kohl's now, even though it was still 100 bucks. Some girl posted a presumptuous picture of the track suit, which wasn't even the one I bought. They don't take into consideration that just because you wouldn't wear it doesn't mean it wouldn't look good on someone else.

Of course, it's REALLY difficult to assess your own behavior when you're you. If a lot of girls felt that way about me, it's because all of you have a hive mindset. All of you think the same. The site isn't a democracy? What an original concept. I didn't realize other forums were. It sure acted like a democracy to me when all of you decided I wasn't worth keeping around. I was banned for being an "annoying bitch," which was decided upon by everyone and SG herself, who called me a bitch after posting about Betsey Johnson and feeling proud that everyone was attacking me. All I asked was if there was anyone else who liked her. I merely started the thread. Everyone else took it off from there, and I never participated in the thread beyond starting it. I actually sent a message requesting to be banned, which was ignored. That's why I acted out--only TWICE!--so I could be banned. You act as if I started trolling everyone, when, in reality, I posted two, short personal statuses basically asking to be banned. It gave me a reason to not look back, to not be tempted by the ever-present bitchiness. Sure, I could be bitchy, but after what SG said, I realized I was getting caught up in the SG attitude and knew I had to leave while I could.

:facepalm:

Reactions: 2 users
:drama: always fun

ok i went to that MPA,itis a gross mess. she is still arguing about us,some give it to her back - but most say bad things of SG -
http://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/348443-skinny-gossip-membership/

and,google her name,her SG profile up high!! :run:
WTF did I just read?:hyper::hyper::hyper: Logical fallacies everywhere! I bought my designers clothes with the money I make; $50 in an annual birthday card is all the financial support I get from my family. What is the point of MPA? :spazrun:

Reactions: 5 users
It's great drama and entertainment though, so whoever is trying to show the pro-ana's the true story, continue if you want, just know that you're probably never going to get it through their sick delusional skulls that SkinnyGossip isn't a pro-ana website, and that we don't have ED's. I also doubt that you'll prove to them that Amber is a self-centered obnoxious cunt, but if you manage to show them Amber's true side, then kudos to you, you get extra credit from me!

From what I have seen, MPA members have (for the most part) BMIs within and above (well above) the healthy range, and complain, ad nauseam, about their binges and struggle to restrict. Meanwhile, SG isn't pro-ana, but the majority of the members are either very thin or skinny yet have reasonable and healthy approaches towards food and eating. The real-life accomplishments veer from daily intakes and burnt calories, and evidence discipline, focus, restraint and will, among other traits, proving (in my opinion) that obsession only leads to chaos. Oh the irony.

Reactions: 7 users
From what I have seen, MPA members have (for the most part) BMIs within and above (well above) the healthy range, and complain, ad nauseam, about their binges and struggle to restrict. Meanwhile, SG isn't pro-ana, but the majority of the members are either very thin or skinny yet have reasonable and healthy approaches towards food and eating. The real-life accomplishments veer from daily intakes and burnt calories, and evidence discipline, focus, restraint and will, among other traits, proving (in my opinion) that obsession only leads to chaos. Oh the irony.

Deep insight. That last line. Mind=blown.

found this very amusing biography (auto biography ???)
Amber is a dancing writer who prefers pointe shoes over street shoes, leotards over skirts, and ballet buns over hairstyles. She loves striped tights and bows and will edit your face with a Sharpie if she doesn't like your attitude. She lives in Augusta, Georgia where she writes dark fiction that will one day put her in a psychiatric ward...again. But she doesn't care because her cat is a super hero who will break her out.
source : https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AmberSkyeForbes

I don't know... but if people could find such things about me by simply googling my name I would be ashamed

@skinnylegs She gets worse and worse---that (auto)biography and the constant MPA posts, JFC. I am feeling all of the second-hand embarrassment, because apparently she does not have the sense to be embarrassed for herself.

Lol first thing I thought after reading this thread was "we should screenshot her profile and send it to her publisher".
I swear I'm not a bad person ;_;

Ahhh, I see @dietcokediet
MPA is Overeaters Anonymous with a tweeny mindset. Got it. Wow (And to think, they're not tweens but adults!).