Betsey Johnson

I feel like it would be so nice to go and leave a message on that board setting her story straight, but that would be lowering ourselves to their level, and also I feel like making any connection with a pro-anorexia community (particularly one that prides itself on being such) would be a huge mistake.

Let her go ahead and inform them all how 'horrible' we are, it should hopefully prevent at least a few more sadly disordered minds from trying to join SG thinking we will encourage and aid them in their ways.

Reactions: 9 users
I feel like it would be so nice to go and leave a message on that board setting her story straight, but that would be lowering ourselves to their level, and also I feel like making any connection with a pro-anorexia community (particularly one that prides itself on being such) would be a huge mistake.

Let her go ahead and inform them all how 'horrible' we are, it should hopefully prevent at least a few more sadly disordered minds from trying to join SG thinking we will encourage and aid them in their ways.

Yeah, there's no point in trying to defend SG, they would probaby twist the story around to make it sound like we are MEAN AND EVIL.

Reactions: 1 users
Oof, those myproana posts.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
oh god, I'm trying to figure out who´s threads were more stupid, or jasmine´s , peruviangirl or ambers :mclap:

Reactions: 2 users
that huge bow on the head though.... (in the profile pic of the personal website/twitter)
:confused:

Haha! Made my week this thread (in addition to the cake one)! :popcorn: Will be sad to see her leave, due to the entertainment value, but finally won't be subject to the constant whinging and frumpy accessory choices.
And yes- WHY oh why would anybody so stupidly reveal their identity and so blatantly promote themselves on a website like myproana?! Talk about "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation". It's certainly not going to aid your career.... Adios! :twisted:

Reactions: 1 user
... is it really a good idea to bitch out your publisher in your profile posts under an account using what I presume is your real name? Screw her? Really?? You sound like a petulant child. I am sure she is delighted to be working with you..

Amber Skye Forbes Screw that publisher. If she's going to be unforgivable and hold a grudge, I don't want to work with someone like that.
Status update by Amber Skye Forbes, Saturday at 8:18 AM

Quoting myself here for a moment, because someone should have paid more heed to her own advice column. Perhaps writing with your brain more often would be a good idea?

THE DANCING WRITER'S ADVICE

http://thedancingwriter.tumblr.com/post/112933689135/be-careful-what-you-say-a-writers-psa

This is going to be quick and short.

No matter how amateurish a new house is or seems, don’t ever badmouth it, not even on AbsoluteWrite. That publisher may turn into something awesome later, and you may end up wanting to submit to them. If your comments are found, that will ruin your chances of ever having a contract with that publisher.

Just be careful. Only time will tell if that publisher is worth its salt, so just sit back and see. All publishers deserve a chance, especially if their hearts are in the right place.

Reactions: 5 users
oh god, I'm trying to figure out who´s threads were more stupid, or jasmine´s , peruviangirl or ambers :mclap:
I have to admit, the same thing crossed my mind. I had wanted to give the "wtf what kind of thread is this really" response to this when she first started it but I decided to keep my mouth shut because I didn't want to make her cry because her status updates freaked me out but I'm so glad you spoke up because my god I was getting so annoyed and ignoring posts and updates was becoming less of an option. Thank you :kiss:
Side note: as an undergrad English student, I never understood how someone taking a BA in English and who has been published could write as poorly as she did.

Reactions: 1 users
I have to admit, the same thing crossed my mind. I had wanted to give the "wtf what kind of thread is this really" response to this when she first started it but I decided to keep my mouth shut because I didn't want to make her cry because her status updates freaked me out but I'm so glad you spoke up because my god I was getting so annoyed and ignoring posts and updates was becoming less of an option. Thank you :kiss:
Side note: as an undergrad English student, I never understood how someone taking a BA in English and who has been published could write as poorly as she did.

i also didn't want to be too hard on her because i saw her updates, but it comes to a point where you need to take action, sorry not sorry :whistling:

Reactions: 3 users