Bella Thorne

Who even is this :hahano:

Not shaving isn't unhygienic
They are, she has the same problem as Ke$ha. they both seem unhigienic and filthy even on red carpet

Agreed. JFC guys, she didn't even say "Omg everything else about her is fine but she is for sure unhygienic because of her hairy legs," she said that both this girl and Kesha give off the impression of being unhygienic (probably also because of a host of other factors that they both share).

I believe people should have the personal liberty to shave or not.
Not to pick on you but I don't get the point of all these comments. Like :orly:
People have the 'personal liberty' to be fat too, just like I have the right to still find it gross to look at.

People can shave if they want to, but judging those who don't as dirty is wrong.
Also: too lazy rn but I'm sure there are a bunch of posts that are along the lines of "okay maybe this is wrong but I associate a lot of fatness with laziness" / "fat people are gross to me" / "ew look at something disgusting this fatty did." If you want to have a problem with all of this then fine, go ahead, that's your prerogative but it seems hypocritical to crucify only these posts. There are definitely posts where it's just a fat person and then a barfing emoji or someone saying they find a whole host of other aesthetic things "gross." Why is body hair so bloody politicized that it's become morally unacceptable to find it aesthetically disgusting?

Gross =/= dirty though. I personally find a lot of things gross, and I would audibly judge you for it, but having body hair is not unhygienic. Neither is chipped nail polish. Whereas being morbidly obese and having fungal skin infections due to inability to shower is both gross and unhygienic.

I mean, in a technical sense I agree with this but I think a lot of it is just semantics and probably the OPs weren't thinking "okay what is the exact, precise word that will get across that I judge it and find it aesthetically displeasing without implying that in a real, fundamental sense I do, in fact, know that it is possible that that it, in itself, does not causally mean it is impossible that they regularly clean themselves"

In an ideal world, yeah, but I think if we begin picking apart every judgmental comment ever written on here this way I think it would be a never ending process. :nervous:

maybe try spell check next time you want to be snarky
Btw I'm so sorry for my English but on everyday basis I speak Polish/French/Italian and I'm trying my best to improve.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
"Also: too lazy rn but I'm sure there are a bunch of posts that are along the lines of "okay maybe this is wrong but I associate a lot of fatness with laziness" / "fat people are gross to me" / "ew look at something disgusting this fatty did." If you want to have a problem with all of this then fine, go ahead, that's your prerogative but it seems hypocritical to crucify only these posts. There are definitely posts where it's just a fat person and then a barfing emoji or someone saying they find a whole host of other aesthetic things "gross." Why is body hair so bloody politicized that it's become morally unacceptable to find it aesthetically disgusting?"

um. It's not about body hair being politicized. And Choosing to eat some 5000 calorie meal at dinner is not even close to the same thing as not wanting to dedicate 20+ minutes in the shower everyday to shave body hair. I'd say the former is pretty gross- and even people I know not on this forum would too. I feel like I'm allowed to say that's gross and that if someone does that - they are gross. Fatness is a choice in most cases, but can I suddenly choose to stop growing body hair and eliminate the ick factor from myself?

WE all grow it and calling it gross- you're calling me and every other woman gross if we decide not to shave before leaving the house. It confirms every fear that a woman has if they decide to do anything that goes against what a woman is supposed to do, that they're gross, unhygienic, etc. To say that the ONLY reason a woman wouldn't want to shave is due to laziness is toxic and enforces the idea that women HAVE TO default to shaving out of societal pressure and not out of choice.

The only reason I'm still replying to this is because shaving =/= fat people in any way shape or form.... but that could honestly be another debate. ;)

Back to Bella Thorne.

• Agree
  • Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: 3 users
And Choosing to eat some 5000 calorie meal at dinner is not even close to the same thing as not wanting to dedicate 20+ minutes in the shower everyday to shave body hair. I'd say the former is pretty gross- and even people I know not on this forum would too. I feel like I'm allowed to say that's gross and that if someone does that - they are gross. Fatness is a choice in most cases, but can I suddenly choose to stop growing body hair and eliminate the ick factor from myself?

No but it is a choice to not remove the hair. And it's my choice to think that's nasty.

WE all grow it and calling it gross- you're calling me and every other woman gross if we decide not to shave before leaving the house. It confirms every fear that a woman has if they decide to do anything that goes against what a woman is supposed to do, that they're gross, unhygienic, etc.

There are a lot of "natural" things human bodies do that are gross in my opinion. I won't go there but just bc the body does it doesn't make it attractive.

To say that the ONLY reason a woman wouldn't want to shave is due to laziness is toxic

not wanting to dedicate 20+ minutes in the shower everyday to shave body hair

:whistling:

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
WE all grow it and calling it gross- you're calling me and every other woman gross if we decide not to shave before leaving the house.
Yeah but I'd say many girls on here find 'normal' BMIs pretty gross too, and probably there are very many 'feminist' articles about how it is natural to have ~curves~ and how they should not be forced to take their time to research nutrition, exercise, etc. Also it does take an effort to be as skinny as SGF standards in my opinion, and 100% I put more effort into being skinny than epilating.

Just because people who feel offended by this comment are more likely to be a part of this community does that make it more morally wrong? I mean, honestly I'm not just being facetious. Like after all this is Skinny Gossip forums so I feel like there is some justification for having a hallowed out space for non-skinny judging since it is the original point of the site. I'm just not sure that it is, in reality, more morally righteous.

It's not about body hair being politicized
This is not related to your argument and you aren't saying this this but just as a sidenote: why do so many people who don't shave their body hair feel the need to broadcast this publicly and get affirmation for it?

e.g. (out of many)
"But body hair remains a powerful weapon in the fight against patriarchal standards of female beauty, and removing it is still largely associated with internalizing misogynist ideals of femininity."

Ah yes, what a time to be alive when to be a political revolutionary against evil capitalist patriarchy you don't have to understand the issues, don't have to do anything, you can just sit there and grow body hair.

But yeah. This is off topic, only idk who this chick is :lol:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
And Choosing to eat some 5000 calorie meal at dinner is not even close to the same thing as not wanting to dedicate 20+ minutes in the shower everyday to shave body hair.

Gluttony, sloth, both will land you in hell.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: 7 users
Wow, when I posted that pic, I didn't even notice the body hair.. boy did that escalate. This girl is gross with or without it, now we can all move on :flower:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
yikes had no idea i'd unintentionally open this can of worms...back to regularly scheduled programming :drama:

• Funny
Saw her last night at Rihanna's after party. Now don't get upset at me but I actually thought she was kind of pretty. Yes she did kind of look like a mess. But she definitely stood out from others and looked striking in a way. Not in a Sasha Luss way but definitely doesn't look like an average person that just blends into the background. She was breaking out so bad (as usual). She looked pretty thin as well. By the way, she was right next to me many times. No she does not smell gross. :lol:

• Useful
Saw her last night at Rihanna's after party. Now don't get upset at me but I actually thought she was kind of pretty. Yes she did kind of look like a mess. But she definitely stood out from others and looked striking in a way. Not in a Sasha Luss way but definitely doesn't look like an average person that just blends into the background. She was breaking out so bad (as usual). She looked pretty thin as well. By the way, she was right next to me many times. No she does not smell gross. :lol:
Fascinating, did you manage to get a picture/could you describe her outfit? She always looks so trashy on her Instagram - but as we know, that's not necessary representative.

Fascinating, did you manage to get a picture/could you describe her outfit? She always looks so trashy on her Instagram - but as we know, that's not necessary representative.
If I took a picture of her randomly I'm sure I would have been kicked out. You can just watch her story on Instagram. You'll see what I mean. But you probably won't think she looks that pretty haha. But believe me she is!

If I took a picture of her randomly I'm sure I would have been kicked out. You can just watch her story on Instagram. You'll see what I mean. But you probably won't think she looks that pretty haha. But believe me she is!

Watched her insta story for giggles. Is she trying to be the new Lindsay Lohan? Also her hair looks better when it's brushed and a semi-normal color.
IMG_1147.PNG

IMG_1149.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Watched her insta story for giggles. Is she trying to be the new Lindsay Lohan? Also her hair looks better when it's brushed and a semi-normal color.
View attachment 17907
View attachment 17909
Just because its curled doesn't mean it isn't brushed. I remember growing up and having naturally curlyish hair and then whenever I would leave it curly people would tell me to brush it but that's literally not how this works. It wont make it sleek and straight, it will just make up puffy and loose if I do. :lol: Anyways, her hair didn't look nappy to me. And I don't think red is that crazy of a color. I actually kind of like it on her and she's had it red since like forever so I'm used to it. It's not like it's green or whatever.

Just because its curled doesn't mean it isn't brushed. I remember growing up and having naturally curlyish hair and then whenever I would leave it curly people would tell me to brush it but that's literally not how this works. It wont make it sleek and straight, it will just make up puffy and loose if I do. :lol: Anyways, her hair didn't look nappy to me. And I don't think red is that crazy of a color. I actually kind of like it on her and she's had it red since like forever so I'm used to it. It's not like it's green or whatever.

Oh no I didn't mean her hair in her insta story looked strange colored and unbrushed, it actually looks quite nice. I meant it looked better than her usual neon-magenta-unicorn-uncombed hairstyle (photo below for reference). Sorry if I wasn't clear!

I was more interested in her near replication of the infamous Lindsay / Vanessa Minnillo knife photoshoot anyway. I've never looked through her instagram or stories or anything, so I didn't know what to expect.
bella-thorne-pink-hair-ftr.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I honestly think she is a very pretty person, but she does not present herself correctly so you can't always tell she is. Like, the way she does her own makeup sometimes
IMG_3266.JPG

And the crazy colors she dyes her hair do not suit her very well, I think red suits her very well. I think I've mentioned this before but I love her new show Famous in love and I think she looks great in it. On the show, set people are obviously doing her hair and makeup, and they way they do it makes her look much more presentable and shows her true beauty. And she does definitely have a problem with breakouts. I always see her commercial for Biore.. she says it helps her breakouts without her having to give up greasy pizza which makes up half her diet, as she says :disgusted:

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm confused. Did she gain, did they retouch to make her blow up doll-like or...??? :run: