• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Before-afters average to skinny?

UneEtoile

Rookie
Reaction score
She lost 12kg in a month cuz she has Esophageal Achalasia and going to have surgery soon
Yeah I know, she basically had to eat liquid based foods and smoothies because of that. I hope she'll get well soon and I feel sorry that she had to go through that but I still think she looks gorgeous skinnier, I'm sure she could maintain that look even after surgery in a healthy way.

Cosette-δ

Worker Bee
Reaction score
@skinnylegendd

Wow, thanks for telling me. Had no idea. I feel a bit awkward thinking that she looks better after her weight loss, but I do like a skinnier look on her. I agree with @UneEtoile —I hope she's able to maintain it healthily.

sentier

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I’m sorry for not thinking more thoroughly about SG standards before posting :supershame: I personally prefer the ultra-thing Vlada-esque look, so I guess I just don’t have that much experience with the skinny-fit look and made an incorrect assumption. Once again, I apologise for posting something irrelevant, as it wasn’t at all my intention and I want to contribute positively to SGF. I’ll try to improve upon this in the future :grin:
Don't be. Yeah she is photoshopped as hell but still visibly skinnier and looks much better than in the first lot.

• Disagree
Reactions: proseccoprincess

irid3scence

Rookie
Reaction score
Don't be. Yeah she is photoshopped as hell but still visibly skinnier and looks much better than in the first lot.
(Below from the Hadid thread because the discussion there has moved on.)
How you carry your weight and what exactly it is you’re carrying (BF%). Crazy how heavy being toned makes you and how light skinny fat girls are... Why I use my measuring tape more than my scale. Totally believe the weights of the girls shown above simply because I see zero muscle.
The internet gives the density of muscle as 1.06 kg/L, vs fat at 0.9 kg/L. Hardly the difference popularly suggested. Concretely, if you were to go from 22%BF to 12% while staying at 100lb (here making the simplifying assumption that 100% of the fat is converted into muscle), you would look merely 1.5lb 'less fat' for all your effort, in terms of the space you take up.

OTOH, muscle 'hangs' on the body a lot better than fat does, and you have much more of a say in how/where it's deposited on your body. So yeah, insofar as 'less gross' gives the impression of 'skinnier'....

Reactions: AllyKat

Cosette-δ

Worker Bee
Reaction score
The internet gives the density of muscle as 1.06 kg/L, vs fat at 0.9 kg/L. Hardly the difference popularly suggested. Concretely, if you were to go from 22%BF to 12% while staying at 100lb (here making the simplifying assumption that 100% of the fat is converted into muscle), you would look merely 1.5lb 'less fat' for all your effort, in terms of the space you take up.

OTOH, muscle 'hangs' on the body a lot better than fat does, and you have much more of a say in how/where it's deposited on your body. So yeah, insofar as 'less gross' gives the impression of 'skinnier'....
Wow, really... I never bothered to look up the densities of fat vs. muscle but this makes a lot of sense to me. Tbh never really understood the thing about how "people with more muscle look lighter" because... not all of them do? I guess people in general are not good at guessing weights. Once my friend said someone thought she weighed 70 lbs "because I have a lot of muscle!!" and I was speechless like "... I've weighed 70 lbs before nope"

sentier

Grand Dame
Reaction score
(Below from the Hadid thread because the discussion there has moved on.)

Lol don't be a fucking drama queen. The girl is average AF and certainly not skinny but she's hardly 'gross.' This forum used to be bitchy in a good way, now half the time it's just rookies trolling to get a reaction from their superiors. The girl ain't gross.

Reactions: Ellie

lattelover

Rookie
Reaction score
Website
featherweightfairy.tumblr.com
Lol don't be a fucking drama queen. The girl is average AF and certainly not skinny but she's hardly 'gross.' This forum used to be bitchy in a good way, now half the time it's just rookies trolling to get a reaction from their superiors. The girl ain't gross.
First of all, I agree with this. I generally don’t like getting involved in these kinds of things, but I’ve noticed that in general your presence on the forum has caused a lot of upset with more established members @irid3scence, so maybe you should reconsider some of your responses. I’m not saying this to be a bitch or to cause drama, but as genuine advice from one rookie to another.

Secondly, I have re-evaluated my standards and found some average to skinny inspo I hope meets SGF standards: Nina Dapper :luv:

Before:
After:

irid3scence

Rookie
Reaction score
...??? Of all my posts, this one I def did not expect to induce near-anaphylaxis. I would have just posted this note in the Hadid thread, but the discussion (debates, disagreements) on size and bodyfat had moved on from there and were/are appearing elsewhere, such as here.

I don't care about the particulars of the girl discussed so much as that question--to which I hoped to provide a useful answer. My comment about"less gross" was in reference to the same amount of muscle's appearing less gross than the same amount of fat. I would have simply said "better", were it not for the acknowledgement that while I adore muscle, that's a fringe opinion on SGF--and trollish though I may sometimes be, I absolutely don't care to force my aesthetic preferences on anyone.

Anyway, let's all step back and take some more time to admire @lattelover's post on Nina's great transformation.

sentier

Grand Dame
Reaction score
...??? Of all my posts, this one I def did not expect to induce near-anaphylaxis. I would have just posted this note in the Hadid thread, but the discussion (debates, disagreements) on size and bodyfat had moved on from there and were/are appearing elsewhere, such as here.

I don't care about the particulars of the girl discussed so much as that question--to which I hoped to provide a useful answer. My comment about"less gross" was in reference to the same amount of muscle's appearing less gross than the same amount of fat. I would have simply said "better", were it not for the acknowledgement that while I adore muscle, that's a fringe opinion on SGF--and trollish though I may sometimes be, I absolutely don't care to force my aesthetic preferences on anyone.

Anyway, let's all step back and take some more time to admire @lattelover's post on Nina's great transformation.
Agreed! Forgotten :inluv:

irid3scence

Rookie
Reaction score
I really want to like you, but I just can’t with the constant exaggeration. Do you even know what anaphylaxis is??
Err, thanks? I guess this means your opinion of me has changed from "I hope she fucking dies" to a hair more positive? K, that's def exaggeration, mea culpa.

I take many things very seriously. Myself not being one of them--and may I suggest likewise (ie, you and y'all towards me) :)

Reactions: elle_w00ds

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
Err, thanks? I guess this means your opinion of me has changed from "I hope she fucking dies" to a hair more positive? K, that's def exaggeration, mea culpa.

I take many things very seriously. Myself not being one of them--and may I suggest likewise (ie, you and y'all towards me) :)

ZeroDiet

SkinnyGossip Royal
Reaction score

My opinion/first impression hasn’t changed actually. I thought you were really annoying and still do, even if I want to give you the benefit of the doubt (which is my personal rule and you are not the exception).

Please also direct me to where I said I wanted you to die.

Edit: oops seems I miss the part where you said it was an exaggeration. Remove my last statement; other points still stand. Anyway I’m out. This convo doesn’t seem to be going anywhere but in circles.

Last edited:

irid3scence

Rookie
Reaction score
(Maybe you are sad that I didn't take the bait the first time?)
y u bully me with references i don't recognize??? :cry::cry::cry:
IMDB link next time please? :p

Edit: oops seems I miss the part where you said it was an exaggeration.
Actually, the 'definitely' part of that sentence was exaggeration; more accurate would have been 'possibly' :whistling:

Anyway, for stuff that is actually inspiring...she seems to have blipped off the radar again for the moment, but here's Ondria around the time of her hiatus

and here more recent
(Vogue Italia, Mar '19)

Not quite as skinny as a few years ago, but (a) she's not a teenager anymore, and (b) comebacks deserve some credit. It's not easy to call (a true, complete) time-out on your work--and a huge part of your life and identity--when you really need it, and to take time off to regroup. Here's to more of her over the years, if she's up for it.