• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Before-afters average to skinny?

vie

Super Star
Reaction score
Really appreciate the full caption too - shutting down fat logic/haters and giving credit to hard work!

I finally got a chance to workout with @meredith_vancuyk in person in LA! We’ve been working together for just under a year but only via my consultation and online workouts. Her -1 year transformation is mind blowing! She was a beautiful plus size model before but she told me that having the extra weight on her small frame was not only uncomfortable; it was unsustainable and potentially unhealthy. You’re an amazing hard working inspiration Meredith! And for anyone that’s going to comment with something rude or “she looked better before”, just know that she told me with her own words many many times how much happier and healthier she feels. So any rude comments will get immediately deleted and blocked. Keep killing it Meredith!!

Blair Waldorf

Rising Star
Reaction score
This is obviously old news but still, I'm loving the fact that the pose is the same in both photos so you can properly see the difference in the arms!

I wouldn’t call her skinny..
I know you were specifically referring to the arms, but this is SG - not one-relatively-thin-part-of-the-body-gossip.

elleblass

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call her skinny..
I know you were specifically referring to the arms, but this is SG - not one-relatively-thin-part-of-the-body-gossip.
I see your point - obviously the rest of her body is covered for a reason, and I was only referring the the arms ;)

Reactions: Blair Waldorf

AlJo

Rising Star
Reaction score
Any insider information on his methods??
Here’s what he told me about diet:
“Pre workout and dinner:
No carbs for about 1.5-2 hours before you workout. This means no fruit, juice, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... before workout. A carbohydrate is a form of energy and if you have simple or complex carbs in your system as you're working out your body will use the carbs as a fuel source instead of the fat you're wanting to burn. So if you need to eat something before you workout make sure it's a lean/low calorie protein and/or veggie. The same basic idea goes for your dinners too; eliminate carbs for dinner. If you have carbs in your stomach at night you won't be burning them off before you go to bed so those carbs (energy) have to go somewhere; that somewhere is your tummy and inner/outer thighs. Remember to make your dinner mainly veggie based and if you need/want some protein make it a small serving.

Post workout:
Since we're trying to atrophy some muscle off your hips and waist don't have any protein after you workout for about 2hrs. You can have veggies, fruit, a little juice, and/or a small serving of starchy carbs after you workout. Just be sure to keep your starchy complex carbs low all throughout the day.

As far as exercise goes, weights for upper body are fine; I'd leave your legs/glutes strictly to body weight exercises and cardio. Weights, machines, and certain lower body exercises can add muscle to your glutes, quads, and hip flexors which would throw your hip measurements/photos off. So no squats, lunges, or deadlifts. Until you get your measurements down I want the only cardio machine that you use to be the treadmill. I'll have you do slow runs (5.5-6.0 speed or 10-11min mile) so your heart rate gets elevated but you won't be using your glutes, quads, and hip flexors too much.

Hit me up if you need anything else or need clarification.”
Here’s a couple of the workouts he sent me

Attachments

thelovelybones

Super Star
Reaction score
“Pre workout and dinner:
No carbs for about 1.5-2 hours before you workout. This means no fruit, juice, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... before workout. A carbohydrate is a form of energy and if you have simple or complex carbs in your system as you're working out your body will use the carbs as a fuel source instead of the fat you're wanting to burn. So if you need to eat something before you workout make sure it's a lean/low calorie protein and/or veggie. The same basic idea goes for your dinners too; eliminate carbs for dinner. If you have carbs in your stomach at night you won't be burning them off before you go to bed so those carbs (energy) have to go somewhere; that somewhere is your tummy and inner/outer thighs. Remember to make your dinner mainly veggie based and if you need/want some protein make it a small serving.

Post workout:
Since we're trying to atrophy some muscle off your hips and waist don't have any protein after you workout for about 2hrs. You can have veggies, fruit, a little juice, and/or a small serving of starchy carbs after you workout. Just be sure to keep your starchy complex carbs low all throughout the day.

As far as exercise goes, weights for upper body are fine; I'd leave your legs/glutes strictly to body weight exercises and cardio. Weights, machines, and certain lower body exercises can add muscle to your glutes, quads, and hip flexors which would throw your hip measurements/photos off. So no squats, lunges, or deadlifts. Until you get your measurements down I want the only cardio machine that you use to be the treadmill. I'll have you do slow runs (5.5-6.0 speed or 10-11min mile) so your heart rate gets elevated but you won't be using your glutes, quads, and hip flexors too much.

Shout out to @AlJo for saving all of us :) so kind!!

Skinny Confidential

Worker Bee
Reaction score
“Pre workout and dinner:

Post workout:

Yesss thank you for this!! :bow:

Butternut

Grand Dame
Reaction score
Website
butternutnutbutter.tumblr.com
Just a heads up, this post is part of her series about her eating disorder. I'm assuming you didn't know, just wanted to mention it because I personally don't feel comfortable complimenting the body of someone at the time of a known ED.

This is her first post on the subject:

And each following post talks about a different aspect of her health.

From what I gathered, she started at a higher weight, developed an ED after beginning a diet, gained too much in recovery and lost in a healthy way and is now maintaining healthily at a higher (but still skinny) weight. (I'm a bit confused on the timeline of her actual weight based on her posts).

• Useful
Reactions: Natalie

bingeonvogue

Deputy Head Bitch
Staff member
Reaction score
The same basic idea goes for your dinners too; eliminate carbs for dinner. If you have carbs in your stomach at night you won't be burning them off before you go to bed so those carbs (energy) have to go somewhere; that somewhere is your tummy and inner/outer thighs. Remember to make your dinner mainly veggie based and if you need/want some protein make it a small serving.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! But also kinda confused because vegetables... are carbs, no? I guess he means eliminate sugar? I'm not sure if he's also counting starches and if (more) starchy vegetables would then also be forbidden?

I guess I think this plan would probably work and I don't want to eliminate the psychological effectiveness of having idiosyncratic rules sometimes but in terms of my knowledge for the rest of my life I'm confused as to whether the timing and stuff actually makes a difference or whether the effects would be mainly due to reduced protein (for muscle atrophy) along with caloric deficit (which eating less sugar would also contribute to) and/or inadvertent keto and/or IF whilst trying to time everything.

elle_w00ds

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I'm confused as to whether the timing and stuff actually makes a difference or whether the effects would be mainly due to reduced protein (for muscle atrophy) along with caloric deficit (which eating less sugar would also contribute to) and/or inadvertent keto and/or IF whilst trying to time everything.
If you'll allow a personal anecdote, I was at my skinniest when I paid zero attention to macros and timing but only calories grossed per 24 hours. Pasta at 2 am definitely happened.

Valentina

Worker Bee
Reaction score
If you'll allow a personal anecdote, I was at my skinniest when I paid zero attention to macros and timing but only calories grossed per 24 hours. Pasta at 2 am definitely happened.
Was it easy for you to mantain long-term?

When muscle atrophy occurs your BMR decreases, so in order to mantain your achieved body you would have to keep lowering your calories or/and increase your workouts.
Also if we cannot spot fat loss, how can we spot muscle loss only from legs? (Maybe an ignorant question)

John Benton is clearly successful with his clients, but in my personal experience my muscle atrophy attempt was a disaster :supershame:

daintease

Rising Star
Reaction score

When muscle atrophy occurs your BMR decreases, so in order to mantain your achieved body you would have to keep lowering your calories or/and increase your workouts.
Also if we cannot spot fat loss, how can we spot muscle loss only from legs? (Maybe an ignorant question)

John Benton is clearly successful with his clients, but in my personal experience my muscle atrophy attempt was a disaster :supershame:
With fat loss, the body just goes for whatever stores it has available and you get basically no say on where you lose the fat from. However you can consciously target what muscle groups you engage when working out to build in certain areas, and by the same logic by not using certain muscle groups, they atrophy from lack of use over time. If that makes sense?

cosmere

Worker Bee
Reaction score
You're an absolute angel for sharing! I've been wondering for ages what kind of diet his girls follow, to achieve such fast results. Overall, not surprising, but good to know!

I have the PDFs of his workout 1, with the videos. It's pretty similar to the workouts you shared in the texts, but maybe someone will find these helpful!

marie.model

Rookie
Reaction score

I also have the john benton nutritional/workout regime, and I'd just like to add that besides timing your macros, he recommends an intake between 1200-1600 calories a day. So his clients success may just be attributed to cutting calories and regular exercise. I think trying to cut carbs after 3 seems a bit ridiculous especially, since it takes about 48 hours for your body to be depleted of carbs.

• Agree
Reactions: Olgiata