• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Before-afters average to skinny?

A

Alice

Is it me or she looks kind of...old in the after photo? Killer body though

Sadistic

Rising Star
It's so hard to find good before and after weight loss pictures because all the girls stop losing weight when they reach average or slim bodies... >.<
I dug out this little gem though.

She went from fat to average, not average (slim) to skinny. Meh.. :meh:

Elsewhere

Rookie
Well she's certainly not model skinny. But I do think that the before picture is considered average in today's society. ;)

pterodactyl

Super Star
Yeah, sometimes unfortunate bone structure cannot be fixed though...like those legs at the top of post #47....clunky knees & thankles....yikes! At least thinner is definitely an improvement though!

Golden ice

Super Star
Here's an article called "14 Celebs That Went From Curvy Hot to Stick Thin": http://stylecaster.com/weight-loss-gone-bad-14-celebs-that-went-from-curvy-hot-stick-thin/

Just ignore the article and check out the pictures :grin:
Fact is, they look better, though I don't think that thinspiration was what the author intended :lol:

Please can someone explain to me how someone being blobby = curvy, yet someone with actual curves, where you can see all the shapes and curves of the body that on heavy people are glazed over with a layer of fat, is seen by society to be without curves? Boobs and butts are not the only curves on the body.

Reactions: 1 user
Fact is, they look better, though I don't think that thinspiration was what the author intended :lol:

Please can someone explain to me how someone being blobby = curvy, yet someone with actual curves, where you can see all the shapes and curves of the body that on heavy people are glazed over with a layer of fat, is seen by society to be without curves? Boobs and butts are not the only curves on the body.
Exactly. My explanation? It is society's best excuse.

Found some amazing ones :luv:

Love this thread! Here are some of my favorites average to thin pics:

wow those are amazing :luv:
i usually never look at before and after pictures, because they always show people going from obese to still chubby :rolleyes: Seeing the pictures on this thread however really works. It's amazing to see people who started at a higher weight than I ever even came close to looking skinnier than me. Really kicks my ass, in a "If a former fatty of that size can become a super skinny, than surely I can put in some more effort as well" way.

j_86

Rookie
I think these types of photos are most inspiring... showing that thin, even skinny is very possible
it is also a good reminder that it could be easy to slip and go the other way
like many have said the morbidly obese don't serve too much to reverse-thinspire me, because I couldn't imagine ever letting myself get nearly that heavy... but these I like and personally find inspirational to move beyond average towards skinny beauty

pixiedingo

Rookie
This photo has me nearly speechless.

This woman, at age 38, went from 300+ to 135. A lean 135. Who would have thought that lurking inside of that ugly whale was a woman with a xylophone?! Absolutely incredible, and just goes to show that there's really no excuse no matter how fat you are.

dietcokediet

Super Star
Undressed skeleton is not as skinny as she once was. ED rumors constantly surround her so I guess she felt pressured.