BAD Vogue Covers

Not adding anything here as I've already had my rant, but those were both such beautifully put statements @Ellie @Silent Night you have my applause and I admire your intellect

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Another disappointment from the magazine. Vogue wants the accolades of being 'woke' and supporting a minority cause, wihtout the discomfort of actually engaging. It's a tasteless schtick--something I thought any business would steer clear of only months after Pepsi attempted almost exactly the same--which insults both genderfluid people and the readers of the magazine.

I'm not sure how I feel about Vogue approaching more substantial topics in its issues at all, to be honest. Merging capitalist interests and social causes is tricky, and the magazine clearly lacks the sensitivity to do so. Even genderfluidity--which presumably should be as good a fit for Vogue as any such case can possibly be, with the apparent link to fashion and beauty--they managed to completely fuck up. They could at the very least have put an actually genderfluid model, like Andreja Pejic, on the cover. And, while I get that they need the sartorial twist, why not focus the article around semiotics of clothing and the psychological reality of dress, instead of having Gigi Hadid claim «it's about, like, shapes.»

Perhaps just stick to the ~*aSpIrAtiOnAl*~ gimmick, Vogue, because this is a disgrace.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I am not aware of how intimated Zayn is with his part ethnic heritage but flamboyance, 'feminine' prints, colours and silhouettes are already entrenched and regularly employed as a feature of desi cultural clothes...and still considered masculine and high fashion. He should know this.

Examples:

Tbh...although I noticed the connection the bullshit article was trying to make with Gigi wearing pants and her supposed gender fluidity...I couldn't make an immediate connection of the sort with Zayn's supposed gender fluidity. It took me a minute's deliberation to realize they meant the colours and prints. It's all so overwhelmingly vapid, I couldn't finish reading the article.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
I am not aware of how intimated Zayn is with his part ethnic heritage but flamboyance, 'feminine' prints, colours and silhouettes are already entrenched and regularly employed as a feature of desi cultural clothes...and still considered masculine and high fashion. He should know this.

Examples:

Tbh...although I noticed the connection the bullshit article was trying to make with Gigi wearing pants and her supposed gender fluidity...I couldn't make an immediate connection of the sort with Zayn's supposed gender fluidity. It took me a minute's deliberation to realize they meant the colours and prints. It's all so overwhelmingly vapid, I couldn't finish reading the article.

This is an amazing insight that I had no idea about - either about Zayn's heritage or about this beautiful style of clothing. Thank you for posting :flower:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
This is an amazing insight that I had no idea about - either about Zayn's heritage or about this beautiful style of clothing. Thank you for posting :flower:

Heh. I am glad you liked it. I wondered if I had over illustrated my point. I love such designs, so it's a good thing there's a media limit. I would have totally got carried away if given the chance. :p

Funny, the only painting I think of when I see Jennifer Lawrence is this Backer

jlaw.jpg

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Interesting idea but really... Jennifer Lawrence?

Highlighter is doing something for her, but it looks like a massive flesh-tone (American) football is emerging from her dress in that first shot. And that last one...so much shadow to try and disguise a third of that left arm.

Actually, in all the covers her mummy arms are being strategically hidden. :hahano:

I feel like this must have been the most awkward photo shoot ever.
"Uh, yea, Nicole, can you stand behind Margot, and like, kind of hold her? But just gently with your hands on her shoulders. And just sort of smile, you know, like you're her mum? Yes. Margot dear lift your chin a bit? Beautiful!"

Not exactly Vogue but this is a sacrilege. Wanna kill the person who replaced Audrey and Twiggy for a Kardashian.

giphy.gif
p>

• Gross
  • Funny