adele-vogue.jpg

adele-vogue-cover.jpg

Taylor-Swift-Vogue-US-February-2012-250x354.jpg

images

Not sure about this one.

Vogue_Cover_May11_2_V_1apr11_b-1-700x947.jpg

Is this real?

kate-upton-covers-vogue-uk-january-2013__oPt.jpg

She kind of looks like she just realized she'd be on Vogue's cover and started panicking a little. "Oh shit, what have I gotten myself into? Smile ... keep it cool ... smile ... hahaha ... I have no idea what I'm doing ..."

Unfortunately, it is ... :run:

Noooooo. No, no, no, no, no. What the hell is going on with Vogue, were they on crack when approving it? Because it seems like the only rational explonation of this madness. Who's next, Snookie? :run:

I'm sooo tired of all the covers with the non-models. I don't find it the least inspiring with these singers and actresses. I saw that Vouge movie, The September Issue, and they said that Anna Wintour foresaw the trend with celebrities on covers, etc. Can't say that I understand why this trend happened. I miss seeing real models on the covers. When I go in the magazine shop and look at the fashion section, only a few covers have models. And to me, these covers are by definition bad. (Sorry)

Btw, I rather like the Lindsey Wixson cover for Vouge Japan. I think it's cute. I bought this magazine in Copenhagen a few weeks ago as we don't have Vouge Japan here.

Taylor Swift's cover is just awkward:lol:

These are hilarious!! I really hope they start putting actual models back on the covers, because they're getting progressively more ridiculous!

I don't think it matters whether you have a model or a celebrity on the cover, as long as the concept and the execution is good. There are crappy model covers, and there are awesome celeb covers. AnOther Magazine uses celebrities for their covers, but the covers are still awesome.

IsU61za.jpg

J8Ow77S.jpg

WU8e2X3.jpg

Mqd1qnv.jpg

rBKOsE2.jpg

eRcg0sr.jpg

xUlb8vt.jpg

kTJtAzT.jpg

zgqSJ6Y.jpg

0nynXdS.jpg

I hate how Vogue takes these mainstream "stars" (okay some of them are actually respectable but STILL) and puts them on such a classy, elegant magazine celebrating fashion. :rolleyes:

I am so glad someone started this thread! Vogue used to mean style, elegance, and grace. Putting a famous person on the cover negates that. Is anyone else effing sick of rhianna? I've already sent a few letters to vogue requesting real models to be on the covers again. A magazine such as vogue doesn't need to stoop to such measures as celebrity worship. If they got enough letters, they might change it.

Well apparently Kane west has actually asked his dear friend Anna wintour if Kim k can have a vogue cover, keep your eyes peeled for disaster!

I have that 'modern glamour' one at home. It's not great, they clearly just found someone who vaguely resembled Kate Middleton to go with the royal style theme.

Get your shit straight Carine!

vogue-paris-2006-november-00.jpg

Basic model, basic styling, basic cover. Oh and boobs. Boobs too.

kate-upton-vogue-uk-cover.jpg

A pig in makeup. Oh, and more boobs.

kate-upton-vogue-italia-cover.jpg

And even more boobs!

ADELE-VOGUE-COVER-2012.jpg

Boring

Scarlett+Johansson+Covers+Vogue+Magazine+May+2012+Issue.jpg

Boring

NG-Brit-vogue-June2011-cover.jpg

Boring

dd2d58b1b6d08501040f6a7067003d1b.jpg

Vogue US cover with a celebrity in front of a garden scenery shot by Mario Testino. How innovative.

Emma-Stone-Vogue-US-Cover-2012.jpg

This is not Seventeen.

vogue_australia_july_cover_rose_byrne.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me???

201332101337_1.jpg

I just don't understand how something like this could possibly get the ok as a cover image. They couldn't do a re-shoot? Surely there must have been a better picture? I'd rather fire her last minute and throw Grace C on the cover. Hell, lets go find a dog on the streets that could picture better than this.