Australia's next top model

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
Aug 1, 2013
Australia
What do people think of the show? It's one of my guilty pleasurs :oops:
I feel that it doesn't have quite the same negative connotations as Americas Next Top Model. I think part of it is due to the fact that a few of the girls have gone on to do high fashion work and be relatively successful (Alice Burdeu in particular and also Montana Cox and even Cassi Van den Dugan is doing okay). The girls are certainly more successful than the girls on Americas Next Top Model and as a whole, are thinner. There's also more focus on modelling, rather than the drama going on in the house (in comparison to ANTM) and the photo shoots aren't as ridiculous either.

If anyone is interested you can watch full episodes of some previous seasons here, including the last season (season 7), though season 8 is not available yet.

http://m.youtube.com/user/NextTopModelShow

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I like watching all the TM shows but in general I find the girls aren't "thinspo" enough for me haha, but that being said I feel like the Australian girls are much nicer than the Americans... which is good, but also bad because there's less drama for me to watch unfold :p

Me too @Spikelover002002 !

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet (don't have Foxtel so waiting for th download to come out). Have you got a favourite so far? I'm liking Shanali and Melissa right now.

@blissrelease yeah, they're not really the best thinspo! I think the Aussie girls are skinnier than the American girls though. While some are definitely "average" sized, there are some who are thinner than me and I like looking at them because it motivates me to get to my first goal if you know what I mean? They're bodies seem really achievable, I know I can get to that weight and then get even skinnier. Whereas when I look at the true top models with the perfect bodies like Vlada I feel that I will never get to that goal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@blissrelease yeah, they're not really the best thinspo! I think the Aussie girls are skinnier than the American girls though. While some are definitely "average" sized, there are some who are thinner than me and I like looking at them because it motivates me to get to my first goal if you know what I mean? They're bodies seem really achievable, I know I can get to that weight and then get even skinnier. Whereas when I look at the true top models with the perfect bodies like Vlada I feel that I will never get to that goal!!

Yeah I get that :) sometimes seeing a girl like 5kgs smaller than me is SUCH a motivation, more so than a really beautifully skinny girl, because I know if I push hard I could look that good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally AusNTM is the only NTM show I can stand to watch, however this season isn't its finest, it seems like a pretty average bunch of girls... however the calibre of photoshoots are still waaaaay higher than those in any other NTM I've watched.

Normally AusNTM is the only NTM show I can stand to watch, however this season isn't its finest, it seems like a pretty average bunch of girls... however the calibre of photoshoots are still waaaaay higher than those in any other NTM I've watched.

Agree re quality of the photoshoots!

I think it's too early to tell about the quality of this seasons girls. There are always crap contestants early on in the season. Still too early to tell who the top ones are.

Was wondering what the VIPs think of the show? Someone posted in the ANTM thread that contestants on that show have to work really hard to shred their ANTM reputation and its seen in the fashion industry as a negative thing to be on the show. Do you think that's the same case for the Australian show?

Do you think that's the same case for the Australian show?

Same deal for AusNTM but on a smaller scale as the show has a smaller reach than ANTM so there's less back tracking to be done. Also, AusNTM has a better reputation for producing working models.

Last weeks challenge pics

8u5emyju.jpg

qe3egevy.jpg
a3ypevaq.jpg
rynyne7e.jpg
jaryvuvu.jpg
avy4y5ab.jpg