Attack on Titans

Discussion in 'Television' started by Top, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Top

Top Worker Bee

IMDB Rating: 8.5/10 - ‎5,401 votes

This show isn't highly rated for no reason. It is thrilling, moving, and epic. Even if you're not into Japanese animation, I still highly recommend it if you want to try something new.

2. Fremdschämen

Fremdschämen Grand Dame

The anime just ended this season, so in the between time, if anyone wants to read the manga, that's still going on, too! It's a little bit different from the anime; they've changed a few things here and there.

3. Skinny-Mimi

Skinny-Mimi Rookie

Ahhh, I love snk!! I haven't read the manga (and I also usually don't like anime) but it's really gripped me. And, weirdly enough, the skinny girls are kinda inspirational :oops:

4. Melancholia

Melancholia Rookie

:highfive: Love Attack on Titan! We're watching it for my university's anime club.

5. Arya

Arya Rookie

Oh, Attack on Titan is one of my recent discoveries and I loved it. I first watched the anime (which is very very well made) I read the manga because I wanted to know it all and couldn't get enough of it.
    I am kind of a comic book and manga geek, it's one of the things I get easily very excited about.
    And Attack on Titan was refreshingly angsty and meaningful, while still remaining humorous in some scenes. Definitely a must watch for this season.:bow:

6. Remedios

Remedios Rising Star

Has anyone seen the OVAS yet? There are two of them, and they are like two extra episodes; one of them is almost like a spoof (with some funny but rather inconsequential stuff), but the other has some intriguing content plot-wise (and we get to see more of Levi, who is my absolute favorite character in the series ;))...

Still hoping that a new season will come out in the not-so-distant future...

7. icehalo

icehalo Worker Bee

Can't believe there is a thread about this show :wtf:

I love it. I haven't really been "into" anime since I was a kid--just lost interest in pursuing new series and developed other interests as I grew older--but when I saw Attack of the Titans a few months ago, I was hooked and watched all of it available on Netflix. Assuming they like violence/fighting in shows or movies, I do think people who normally don't like anime would like this show.

Side note, I saw two people dressed as titans last weekend. It was freaky as hell :wtf: they definitely had the dopey doughy bodies to go with it. :p

8. Femmi

Femmi Rookie

best anime eeeveer. just the right amount of gore & drama. wish there'd be more of its kind. idk why they waste time on drawing 438675 school harem animes when shingeki gets more attention than all of them combined.
    i recommend u watch 'Berserk' if u liked shingeki

9. Remedios

Remedios Rising Star

I have! Well, I watched Berserk The Golden Age, and I loved it. Definitely recommended for anyone who liked Attack On Titan (actually, AOT's author has admitted to be influenced by Kentaro Miura, author of Berzerk). It is also addictive, and makes you ponder on the meaning of evil, ambition and friendship. My favorite character was Judeau. It so amazing that you know about it! I didn't know anyone else who had watched it, even though the series/manga are really good. :highfive:

10. Top

Top Worker Bee

Is the gore alright though? I've heard many good things about Berserk but I'm kind of squeamish.

11. Remedios

Remedios Rising Star

Well, I watched the first part of the animated series, the one known as the Golden Age Arc (about 25 episodes, I reckon), and I think if you can manage AOT's level of gore and shocking scenes, you can definitely deal with Berzerk, it's not too gory. However, the part of the story that follows after the Golden Age, called "The Black Swordsman" is definitely more gory, darker, and inclined towards horror, so I wouldn't recommend that to you.