Ask a model anything

1. do you keep flour, baking powder, baking soda (etc.) in your kitchen?

No I never cook, and plus, carbs are the enemy!! Also I travel a lot so don't stock up many things.

what are staple items that you buy each week?

Those pre-mix salad packs, some vegies, sparkly water, diet soda or unsweeten iced teas.

2. have you ever purposefully tripped another girl on the runway?

No bc people would see. But I have wanted to, and done many other evil things :twisted:

3. how do your parents feel about your lifestyle?

They are proud and ok about it.

do they leave your eating habits alone because they know it means $$?

Yes :lol: and they know i starve, too.

4. does your stomach growl often in awkward moments? do people ask about it?

No. At very beginning it would growl but I get use to eating less and it doesn't growl at all anymore.

Seriously, how many of your fellow models do you REALLY get along with?

A few. Many many bitches tho, plus we all are competing, which makes love hard lol

4. When you get together with male models is it straight bone zone time?

Sometime at parties, but not working.

5. How many men high powered men have basically tried to treat you like like a presidential model prostitute?

Not many, most are polite and respectful. But honestly, one of the best perk of being a model is have access to high power men.

6. What would you like to do once your modeling career is over?

Designer!

7. How do you feel about 90's supermodels?

Fat & slutty. :oops:

8. What's the most fun you've had since starting your career?

#1 is Travel!! When I was discovered I had only been more then 100km from my home once (for school trip). Now, in only 3 yr, I have seen so much, it is amazing.

No I never cook, and plus, carbs are the enemy!! Also I travel a lot so don't stock up many things.

Those pre-mix salad packs, some vegies, sparkly water, diet soda or unsweeten iced teas.

No bc people would see. But I have wanted to, and done many other evil things :twisted:

Thank you sooooooooo much No One! :bow:

Hearing real, honest answers from models on SkinnyGossip versus the typical interview answers like "I eat whatever I want-- pizza and burgers all the time!" is so refreshing and really motivates me.

A few. Many many bitches tho, plus we all are competing, which makes love hard lol

:wtf: No all model orgies? My dreams are ruined! lol

Thank you for answering! It was very nice of you to take the time. I wish I had a model in my pocket all the time to ask before I ate anything or had a random question ;)

OK I pick a few! sorry

My questions :)

- I would ask models for their food diary and not just for the day or week but I want months of food diaries.

:lol: I don't know anybody who keep one!

Their workout routines etc.

I don't work out. :oops:

- Their tricks to avoid eating too much at events and parties etc

Think about the money! :sneaky:

- Do you miss anything about your pre-modeling days?

No!

2. What is it actually like to be a model? I know it's not the way hollywood makes it out to be.

It is way way way MUCH more harder work than people thing, it's not stand around be pretty, it's 16 hr day sometime, hair, makeup, samples better fit OR ELSE, pose, change, run, change, walk, run, twist body every way, flashes until your eyes burn, be sexy with cold, hot, mud, water, milk, bugs, snakes, horses, hurty shoes, people poke you, pull you, move you like doll, touch you, push you, paint you, pull your hair, yell at you, tell you what to do, where to go, how to be, how to stand, how to sit, who to be, you can not be you, everyone else own you (rent you), talk about you like you are not there, nothing ever good enough, you can always do better, you can alway BE better, people take much of your money, when all done you hurt everywhere, so you sleep and miss alarm so you late, rush to get cab to do it all over again.

Reactions: 1 user
It is way way way MUCH more harder work than people thing, it's not stand around be pretty, it's 16 hr day sometime, hair, makeup, samples better fit OR ELSE, pose, change, run, change, walk, run, twist body every way, flashes until your eyes burn, be sexy with cold, hot, mud, water, milk, bugs, snakes, horses, hurty shoes, people poke you, pull you, move you like doll, touch you, push you, paint you, pull your hair, yell at you, tell you what to do, where to go, how to be, how to stand, how to sit, who to be, you can not be you, everyone else own you (rent you), talk about you like you are not there, nothing ever good enough, you can always do better, you can alway BE better, people take much of your money, when all done you hurt everywhere, so you sleep and miss alarm so you late, rush to get cab to do it all over again.

HELLO. This sounds like my idea of hell. I don't like it when people invade my personal space too much. On my 28th b-day I got blackout drunk for the first time, my guy friends had to help me walk but I kept getting jerked around... by the time we got home I threw myself on our front lawn and when one of them grabbed me to get me inside and I just couldn't take it anymore. I just screamed at him "Stop touching me!!! NO MORE!!". I don't know how you do it.

oh yes, im only just starting really and this is exactly what happens. all the people i went to school with are all asking me like wow that is so glamorous and it really isnt. i just think of the money to get me through shoots ;)
often they stand you in the stupidest poses and try make you move around when you have really tight clothes on or you'll be really freezing and everyone else is in big coats and they dont get why you dont look really happy!
its weird too, you will be standing there wearing their designs, or getting ready for a shoot and they talk about you as if you are an idiot/cant understand them.
'oh i dont like this. yeah she looks good in this dress but i think shes too busty for that, no her nose doesnt look good like that. shes way too pale for this' etc etc - whilst prodding you all over. if you have issues with people in your personal space its not for you haha

often they stand you in the stupidest poses and try make you move around when you have really tight clothes on or you'll be really freezing and everyone else is in big coats and they dont get why you dont look really happy!

Ack I'm certainly not a professional model, but many of my friends go to photography school so I often help them out by modeling in the odd shoot. And sitting there in a Canadian winter in some weird one piece jumpsuit or something, quite likely in the snow, while they have mittens and coats and hats on? Good god. Anyone who says modelling is easy or not a real job needs to be shaken.

Reactions: 1 user
My 2 questions

Thanks to those of you who answered!

My questions would be:

1) What quantities of food do you eat/drink in a typical day? Total calories, just to give me an idea of what I should aspire to.

2) Every fashion show I've been to, the models have to be serious and they don't look happy. Are you allowed to smile and look like you're having fun or are you told to look serious?

This is really cool that we are getting some answered.
1. Do you smoke? If you do how much a day?
2. Do you have cheat days, say after shows?
3. Where you always skinny? Or growing up you were bit of a chubby?
4. Do you eat/snack multiple times a day? Or you stick to the eat when your hungry or the 3 meals a day?

Ok, I came up with some questions too :)

1.Ok, it is hard and can be like hell sometimes, but do you really enjoy modeling?

2. Do you have (like us, average girls :p ) those days when you think you look awful? I mean, those days in which you have spots on your face, marks on your skin, swollen legs/ankles, bad hair and eyebrows...
How do you manage these kind of days, since your work grounds on your appearance?

And if you even dare to say "ow" when they poke you or pull your hair, or have the gall to get the tiniest bit fussy six hours after they told you the job would end, they call your agency and complain that you didn't "take direction" or were difficult to work with. :mad:

@Apple .. Damn good thread LOVE
@Skinny Gurl.. thank you so much for asking the ladies to answer our burning questions!!!
This thread made my night!!!!!:luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
..and feather pillows~:p

But thanks to the ladies that did answer some of the questions. Very interesting indeed!

And if you even dare to say "ow" when they poke you or pull your hair, or have the gall to get the tiniest bit fussy six hours after they told you the job would end, they call your agency and complain that you didn't "take direction" or were difficult to work with. :mad:

:lol: if im told the shoot will finish about 6, im ready for it to be past bedtime by the time its actually done...

@Runweigh @No One thank you so much for answering...it is really great to read some honest things than just these boring, all-the-same answers in magazines....

and @Skinny Gurl your genius... thank you so much for creating such a wonderful place to talk:luv:

Last edited by a moderator: