Ariana Grande

CD6F2EAB-B586-4B01-80D5-C6F6BEEE0F1C.png

This either shows her “talent” or more likely how unoriginal all pop music is and how it all sounds the damn same.

Plagiarism or unoriginality hmmmmm

View attachment 52489

This either shows her “talent” or more likely how unoriginal all pop music is and how it all sounds the damn same.

Plagiarism or unoriginality hmmmmm
She responded and linked the names of her writers to lessen the heat I think.

I hate the idea of plagiarism. In this case though, the lyrics are incredibly unoriginal/boring. If more than two people are claiming she plagiarised their music, it might be time for everyone involved (including Ariana) to up their game.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I just think that with everything that she has been through, she could’ve and should’ve been more humble.

And she always announces she’s going on a social media detox and never does...? Like don’t say it at all. You can tell the way she drops her music/projects she is far from any sort of social media detox.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I just think that with everything that she has been through, she could’ve and should’ve been more humble.

And she always announces she’s going on a social media detox and never does...? Like don’t say it at all. You can tell the way she drops her music/projects she is far from any sort of social media detox.

Well, I dislike Ariana as much as the next person but I don't think the lyrics of 7 Rings (assuming that's what you're referring to) are meant to be genuine. "Wealthy-rich-bitch-who-is-better-than-you" is a character more than it is a philosophy. I have a hard time convincing myself she earnestly believes in the lyric, "Whoever said money can't solve your problems must not have had enough money to solve 'em."

But I agree about the social media detox. I have a feeling stars like her begin to take a break for mental health but immediately succumb to the lure of Instagram the moment they start to miss the attention :lol:

Aside from her annoying social media presence, diva attitude and badly applied talent, I don't get her brows. Why does she make them look like caterpillars? After all those alterations to her looks couldn't she bother making them even or is it just a botched brow lift :facepalm:

aaehg.jpg

• Funny
  • Agree
Well, I dislike Ariana as much as the next person but I don't think the lyrics of 7 Rings (assuming that's what you're referring to) are meant to be genuine. "Wealthy-rich-bitch-who-is-better-than-you" is a character more than it is a philosophy. I have a hard time convincing myself she earnestly believes in the lyric, "Whoever said money can't solve your problems must not have had enough money to solve 'em."

But I agree about the social media detox. I have a feeling stars like her begin to take a break for mental health but immediately succumb to the lure of Instagram the moment they start to miss the attention :lol:

I am actually referring to the way she is so self-absorbed/extra even after the trauma she’s been through (bombing, Mac Miller death, etc). I get she is allowed to deal with grief her own way and she is a celebrity so she can’t really “lay low” but idk, the way she carries herself on IG/Twitter and gets in silly drama with celebrities almost every other day (i.e the Kanye tweet thing) is unnecessary and imo foolish.

And unrelated to the above, but she looks pudgy as hell rn lol

• Agree
Except for the fact that she basically gained it back : /
She went through a fairly long period of being what the public would call “emaciated” (what we would call decently skinny) and even went as far as to take photos and posture herself in ways consistent with old style (pardon my term) “thinspo” photos; I think she’s released some of her loyalty to her old body type recently, however, much to my disappointment.

• Agree
I noticed she started gaining after the Manchester attack, and if she resorted to food (and probably alcohol as well) to make her happy during that depressing time, then I don't blame her.

She's posted herself on the treadmill recently so maybe she's trying to get back to how she used to be (or even better). She did admit to drinking the most alcohol she's ever drank in her life these past few months, which is when I really noticed gaining (since Mac Miller died). So hopefully she's in a better state of mind and will get back to her old self.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
As someone to whom the Manchester attacks hit super close to home, I’ll never learn to dislike her as opposed to being moderately pissed off by her. If she gained weight for the reasons NYS suggested, I could never be disappointed or mad at her for it; instead I wish the best recovery in terms of mental and physical health and if that includes getting back to being relatively skinny, then great for her. If not then it’s whatever. Don’t fat girls have more powerful voices anyway?

What I do find weird though is how increasingly cocky she’s becoming. Whether it’s a character or not, bragging about how rich you are and how little you need a man seems... insensitive? Especially considering a great deal of her popularity (and in turn wealth) came from a terrorist attack in which her fans were killed. I understand self confidence and being proud of who you are but I feel as though she’s bragging about the wrong things. Like great, you’re rich- but you can’t act like you did it all yourself with no third party interferences.

To be honest she’s probably just in a really dark place, pumping out mediocre poorly written song after song to convince herself and her fans that she’s this confident dedicated pop star who is able to overcome her hardships. At the end of the day I just hope she’s not endangering her mental health more than anything.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
As someone to whom the Manchester attacks hit super close to home, I’ll never learn to dislike her as opposed to being moderately pissed off by her. If she gained weight for the reasons NYS suggested, I could never be disappointed or mad at her for it; instead I wish the best recovery in terms of mental and physical health and if that includes getting back to being relatively skinny, then great for her. If not then it’s whatever. Don’t fat girls have more powerful voices anyway?

What I do find weird though is how increasingly cocky she’s becoming. Whether it’s a character or not, bragging about how rich you are and how little you need a man seems... insensitive? Especially considering a great deal of her popularity (and in turn wealth) came from a terrorist attack in which her fans were killed. I understand self confidence and being proud of who you are but I feel as though she’s bragging about the wrong things. Like great, you’re rich- but you can’t act like you did it all yourself with no third party interferences.

To be honest she’s probably just in a really dark place, pumping out mediocre poorly written song after song to convince herself and her fans that she’s this confident dedicated pop star who is able to overcome her hardships. At the end of the day I just hope she’s not endangering her mental health more than anything.
Exactly. And I am not judging her character on her weight gain it would completely valid and sad if she turned to food/drinking due to her stress (like I said everyone deals with grief their own ways and I am guilty of emotional eating myself) but my concerns are again, her social media presence.

I just added the comment of her weight gain because we are on a forum that discusses this after all.

• Agree

I would agree with most of what you said but I have to contest the bit about a "great deal of her popularity" coming from that terrorist attack. She was extremely famous before and I'm sure after news broke of the bombing, casual news observers were not any more turned on to Ariana Grande than they would have been prior to that incident. She's very famous, very wealthy for the talent (or lack thereof) she possesses, but I can say with a lot of confidence that she is not famous because of a tragedy.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I would agree with most of what you said but I have to contest the bit about a "great deal of her popularity" coming from that terrorist attack. She was extremely famous before and I'm sure after news broke of the bombing, casual news observers were not any more turned on to Ariana Grande than they would have been prior to that incident. She's very famous, very wealthy for the talent (or lack thereof) she possesses, but I can say with a lot of confidence that she is not famous because of a tragedy.
Oh I definitely understand she was plenty famous before thanks to Victorious and her songs, but the event cemented her as a global household name. Before the attacks my local radio would play her every now and again, the same few songs etc. Now everything she releases is repeated every other song and she’s treat like some sort of god. I understand she was already this level in the US (I think) beforehand, but in England at least I’ve definitely noticed a difference. But of course I could never credit the attacks to bringing her all her fame.

• Agree

Didn’t even realise how true this was. She was never a lyrical god but now she articulates as though all her brain cells relocated to Urban Dictionary— not helping the whole ‘she could pass for a twelve year old’ reputation she has never shaken off.

• Agree

Didn’t even realise how true this was. She was never a lyrical god but now she articulates as though all her brain cells relocated to Urban Dictionary— not helping the whole ‘she could pass for a twelve year old’ reputation she has never shaken off.

Link broken. What was it?

Link broken. What was it?
Off the top of my head it said something along the lines of how can she go from *some lyrics from an old song* to *that tweet with all the ellipsis posted earlier*

642F7CD7-16D9-4379-817E-3C117DCC5264.jpeg

Edit: still there just not working

6191F472-414A-471D-B0C6-DD095FC93E30.jpeg

• Agree