Are ‘Real Women’ Campaigns Promoting Obesity?

Lolita

Banned
Banned
Mar 21, 2013
Netherlands
http://www.styleite.com/media/curvy-girl-regular-women-facebook-campaign/

One mom who is not cool with being lumped into the kick-ass curvy mom category is Maria Kang, who you might remember as the rather fascinating “Hot Mom”. Back in the news for the first time since her “What’s your excuse?” picture (depicting a very ab-ly Kang in a crop top surrounded by her three young children) went viral. Hot Mom was banned from Facebook for using “hate speech” after she voiced her concerns about the campaign. ““I was a little peeved because while I feel like it’s ok to love and accept your body, I think that we’re normalizing obesity in our society,” her “non-apology” reads.

Finally a bit sense in the midst of all this ''loving your curves'' movement. I mean, I completely agree that we should all learn to love our bodies, but let's not get fooled and think of it as an excuse to stuff one's face without thinking about the health consequences.

I know it's been discussed countless times before on here, but I just wanted to share this article with you girls ;)

The title seemed promising, and I was hoping, but the article ends in a very disappointing manner: ''With Thanksgiving just around the corner, this is no time for feeling guilty about the calorie content of stuffing.'' :nopity:

Finally a bit sense in the midst of all this ''loving your curves'' movement. I mean, I completely agree that we should all learn to love our bodies, but let's not get fooled and think of it as an excuse to stuff one's face without thinking about the health consequences.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue. Combating the pressure to be thin with all this "fat is better we are so superior" crap isn't going to help young people form positive body image, it will just merely distort it in another unhealthy way.