Anyone else just loves old movies?

All About Eve, because Betty Davis is so bitchy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7059-1403622002-19.gif

Have any of you ladies watched Feud: Bette and Joan?
Susan Sarandon was Bette Davis is GOLD.
She is the most bad ass bitch.
Both she and Jessica Lange (as Joan Crawford) play their parts with such humanity that you feel everything for these women at once. Pity, hatred, empathy, love, love love.
Highly recommend that show!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Have any of you ladies watched Feud: Bette and Joan?
Susan Sarandon was Bette Davis is GOLD.
She is the most bad ass bitch.
Both she and Jessica Lange (as Joan Crawford) play their parts with such humanity that you feel everything for these women at once. Pity, hatred, empathy, love, love love.
Highly recommend that show!
Totally agree! Highly recommend Betty & Joan. I can't wait to see who they'll do in season 2.

I just saw White Christmas for the first time last month, and wow, was Vera Ellen tiny! She made Rosemary Clooney look like a cow next to her. I read her waist was 17", but possibly from waist training. That was the last old movie I saw that made me double take.

Pictures don't really show how small she was. Great dancer too!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Totally agree! Highly recommend Betty & Joan. I can't wait to see who they'll do in season 2.

I just saw White Christmas for the first time last month, and wow, was Vera Ellen tiny! She made Rosemary Clooney look like a cow next to her. I read her waist was 17", but possibly from waist training. That was the last old movie I saw that made me double take.

Pictures don't really show how small she was. Great dancer too!

OMG Vera Ellen in that movie was probably my very first thinspo as a kid! Such a tiny waist and she dances like lightning! The tap numbers are mind-blowing!
I'm not sure, but I read that she had an ED and it was the reason why all of her costumes in the film had such high necklines (her neck was messed up somehow from her history? :()

She's equally wonderful in this bit with Fred Astaire.

I heard he said in an interview that she was his favorite dance partner ever. Who knows if it's true but if so WOW, you can't get a better compliment than that!

• Love
OMG Vera Ellen in that movie was probably my very first thinspo as a kid! Such a tiny waist and she dances like lightning! The tap numbers are mind-blowing!
I'm not sure, but I read that she had an ED and it was the reason why all of her costumes in the film had such high necklines (her neck was messed up somehow from her history? :()

She's equally wonderful in this bit with Fred Astaire.
I heard he said in an interview that she was his favorite dance partner ever. Who knows if it's true but if so WOW, you can't get a better compliment than that!
She had horrible anorexia and developed arthritis very young as a result of it, she couldn't really dance at all after the 50s.

• Sad
She had horrible anorexia and developed arthritis very young as a result of it, she couldn't really dance at all after the 50s.

Damn. I can't imagine anything more tragic. I would so rather have seen her a bit heavier but dancing into her eighties. She was such a brilliant dancer.

Love, love, love old films especially any with Rita Hayworth; beautiful face, hair, & her figure was to die for <3 also Ava Gardner. She was a badass broad (married to Frank Sinatra for a bit) & rocked a 19 inch waist like no one else
a21c4deb76968b25217ecfcf693ec577--ava-gardener-barefoot-contessa.jpg