Anna Selezneva

AlexandreVauthierSpring2017Details1.jpg
alexandre-vauthier-hc-clpa-rs17-1271.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Please tell me this is brand new! I've been waiting for something from Anna.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I saw these pictures on IG today and I've been dreading opening her thread here. This makes me so sad. I''ll forever love peak Anna but I can definitely tell she's stepped away from our high standards. At least her face handled the gain ok. She's still got those cheekbones. But still...:sorry:

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Yikes the comments on this confession...
They don’t know anything about models. Some people were even commenting “who?”
5DA6A988-8A06-46F5-BB6A-3314E29AA218.jpeg

E1B0386C-F690-4C9C-A282-13661AB9D9C0.jpeg

3F928A7B-865C-4BB1-8DDA-7BF65A4C33EE.jpeg

• Sad
  • WTF
Reactions: 14 users
Yikes the comments on this confession...
They don’t know anything about models. Some people were even commenting “who?”
View attachment 19362
View attachment 19361
View attachment 19363
i was JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS. I agree that (more than many on this forum even) white/european standards of beauty are arbitrary, and that diversity is desperately needed in the fashion world. That being said, to call Anna an "average white girl" is 1. not only entirely incorrect (she looks so unlike the average white woman, even russian woman) 2. offensive (she was incredibly successful, much moreso than generic blondes) and 3. unnecessary (i.e. i think she and duckie thot for example are comparably beautiful, just in different ways). I'm getting really tired of tumblr-esque reductionism when it comes to beauty in the modelling world. There are tons of cookie-cutter catalogue models that aren't necessarily striking, but are a certain eurocentric standard of beauty. Anna is not this, and saying she is is suggesting whiteness is inherently average (which, i want to bite my tongue for saying because i feel like i sound a bit "not all whites" but it's just unfair)

Also, @ the commenter who said they had 5 similar looking girls in their local supermarket--unless you shop in the LES/Soho, I'm calling bullshit

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
i was JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS. I agree that (more than many on this forum even) white/european standards of beauty are arbitrary, and that diversity is desperately needed in the fashion world. That being said, to call Anna an "average white girl" is 1. not only entirely incorrect (she looks so unlike the average white woman, even russian woman) 2. offensive (she was incredibly successful, much moreso than generic blondes) and 3. unnecessary (i.e. i think she and duckie thot for example are comparably beautiful, just in different ways). I'm getting really tired of tumblr-esque reductionism when it comes to beauty in the modelling world. There are tons of cookie-cutter catalogue models that aren't necessarily striking, but are a certain eurocentric standard of beauty. Anna is not this, and saying she is is suggesting whiteness is inherently average (which, i want to bite my tongue for saying because i feel like i sound a bit "not all whites" but it's just unfair)

Also, @ the commenter who said they had 5 similar looking girls in their local supermarket--unless you shop in the LES/Soho, I'm calling bullshit

Couldn’t have said it any better and also being a New Yorker myself I can say I have never seen a girl as striking as Anna in any soho supermarket whatsoever (or soho streets period). If they want to talk about average they should argue to stop putting all these pudgy nepotism models on pedestals. That would be a more valid point.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Couldn’t have said it any better and also being a New Yorker myself I can say I have never seen a girl as striking as Anna in any soho supermarket whatsoever (or soho streets period). If they want to talk about average they should argue to stop putting all these pudgy nepotism models on pedestals. That would be a more valid point.
I am in NYC as well (hi!) and have seen a handful of actual models on the street but what I meant was that I was calling BS on original commenter

I am in NYC as well (hi!) and have seen a handful of actual models on the street but what I meant was that I was calling BS on original commenter
OT but I didn't realize how many girls on here live in NYC. Has a meetup ever been done? I guess that would ruin the privacy of some people but you don't even have to give away social media to meet someone from here. Whenever I'm at a club and I see a girl that's super skinny I always think maybe she's on sg. I've only met one girl from here.

OT but I didn't realize how many girls on here live in NYC. Has a meetup ever been done? I guess that would ruin the privacy of some people but you don't even have to give away social media to meet someone from here. Whenever I'm at a club and I see a girl that's super skinny I always think maybe she's on sg. I've only met one girl from here.
I've only e-met one girl from here (shoutout to who you are) and never met anyone IRL. I personally think that it would be unwise for my personal life and/or career, but I wish I could know some of you personally to go to work out classes or just hang out with a cup of (black) coffee and talk. It would be refreshing not to have to conceal my predilections .

ps. i'm not at all surprised a ton of people here are from NYC--NY is the biggest thinspo to me, far more than LA even (i grew up there)

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
This was her other outfit at Balmain and I think she's stunning as always:
anna-selezneva-at-balmain-spring-summer-2018-fashion-show-0.jpg

Sadly I ouldn't find another one from the other dress. I'm still hoping for... a bad angle or something. :eek:
But even if she gained I won't adore her less.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
But even if she gained I won't adore her less.

Agreed. Especially at her age she’s kept amazing care of her body even if there was a weight gain. And it didnt look unhealthy at either spectrum - at her lowest or at her highest weight. And facially she is stunning and has an erethreal glow.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I've only e-met one girl from here (shoutout to who you are) and never met anyone IRL. I personally think that it would be unwise for my personal life and/or career, but I wish I could know some of you personally to go to work out classes or just hang out with a cup of (black) coffee and talk. It would be refreshing not to have to conceal my predilections .

ps. i'm not at all surprised a ton of people here are from NYC--NY is the biggest thinspo to me, far more than LA even (i grew up there)

I always wonder if I ever pass by SG people when I'm walking around the city! It's weird because I don't actually know that many truly skinny people here as opposed to back home...

hm, i hope i am not posting this in the wrong thread but i have searched and cannot seem to find any posts about it so here i go. i apologize in advance if i missed something.

i absolutely adore Anna, she is one of my favorite models. I thought she looked stunning in this editorial

Anna Selezneva - Self Service - Christmas Essentials
anna.jpg
selezneva.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users