Anja Leuenberger

Again! And her followers are now commenting on it. (Though this jacket looks more feasibly vegan than the last one, at least.)

Edit: Not sure why I couldn't get the screenshot including the comment to show up. It says: "Vegans???? Aber was ist mit dem Leder Jacke......jemand ist daran gestorben oder????"
[Vegan? What about the leather jacket...someone had to die for that?]

IMG_3561.PNG

I might be ignorant saying this and obviously it wouldn't apply to her because she's plant-based anyway but what's so shocking about eating dogs? If the circumstances under which they were killed are unforgivable then I understand but how is it different to eating venison or something?

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
View attachment 16334

I might be ignorant saying this and obviously it wouldn't apply to her because she's plant-based anyway but what's so shocking about eating dogs? If the circumstances under which they were killed are unforgivable then I understand but how is it different to eating venison or something?

I'm vegan and I totally agree with you. I find Anja's preaching about her diet/lifestyle extremely annoying, especially because she obviously has no problem wearing leather/fur (or at least I haven't found anything saying otherwise). While of course I support everyone's decision to go plant-based, I think that if public figures are so hypocritical in their decision, it might have a detrimental effect on the vegan movement overall.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 16334

Agree. You can protest eating meat as a whole, but it makes no sense to devote extra outrage to one animal over another and assign more value to a dog's life than a cow's; in many cultures it might even be the reverse that is more offensive.

Also, "China sickens me" -- that's so tragically presumptive and rude.

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users
I think she mentioned in one of her instagram stories recently, that the clothes she wears (I assume she was referring to leather jackets and fur) are clothes that she earned while working, and because it is something that she deserves because she earned it, she is not going to throw them away (don't take it as an exact wording, it is what I remember).

As I mentioned before, if it would be me, I would either sell the clothes or just give them away.

I am not defending her, but I feel like there are a lot of people who adopt the vegan or plant-based diet, however do not associate it with any other lifestyle changes. However, I completely agree that the way she expresses herself in this regard is borderline childish. Not a lot of people will want to hear about veganism after listening to her reactions.

Reactions: 1 user
I think she mentioned in one of her instagram stories recently, that the clothes she wears (I assume she was referring to leather jackets and fur) are clothes that she earned while working, and because it is something that she deserves because she earned it, she is not going to throw them away (don't take it as an exact wording, it is what I remember).

So she's completely against animal exploitation, except when she "deserves it"? She lectures all of her social media followers about how it's wrong to use animal products, but if she personally thinks that she "deserves" animal products, then it's completely ok? That's probably the most hypocritical thing I've heard in a while.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the necessity to make compromises in everyday life and that a 100% vegan lifestyle is impossible. If she'd just be honest about it and say that she couldn't do her job or that she couldn't make a living out of being a model if she refused to wear leather and fur, then I could sympathize with her a lot more.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
So she's completely against animal exploitation, except when she "deserves it"? She lectures all of her social media followers about how it's wrong to use animal products, but if she personally thinks that she "deserves" animal products, then it's completely ok? That's probably the most hypocritical thing I've heard in a while.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the necessity to make compromises in everyday life and that a 100% vegan lifestyle is impossible. If she'd just be honest about it and say that she couldn't do her job or that she couldn't make a living out of being a model if she refused to wear leather and fur, then I could sympathize with her a lot more.

again, im going with my original idea.. this girl is purely vegan for weight reasons...

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 6 users
I agree with all of you, though in her defense: I haven't seen the insta post in which she said was @azaitte was referring to, but in Anja's native German 'deserve' and 'earn' are the same word. Replace them and it sounds a little less stupid and obnoxious at least.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I agree with all of you, though in her defense: I haven't seen the insta post in which she said was @azaitte was referring to, but in Anja's native German 'deserve' and 'earn' are the same word. Replace them and it sounds a little less stupid and obnoxious at least.
Exactly, "verdienen" means to earn/to deserve (but more in the "to earn, to win, to gain something: i.e "Earned a bonus at work today", "she earns her living selling furniture") which is probably what she meant to say. Google translate would not make a clear distinction between that word and "würdig sein"=to be worthy of, to deserve: "I deserve a raise", "I deserve the best treatment anyone could give". German is incredibly awkward with verbs so I can understand how she could have made the mistake, more so since she is Swiss German and that is... let's say.. a painfully horrible language that is close to impossible to translate and to understand. I make the same kind of mistakes constantly with German. I highly doubt she actually meant it in that way now that I think about it.
À part from this I agree she is incredibly annoying, just stop filming yourself walking in the street with a coffee cup in your hand.

(Sorry I am a huge language nerd and absolutely love German since living in Switzerland)

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users

I really dislike her mannerisms. There's something in the way she moves her head combined with her facial expressions that give me the impression that she has an inflated opinion of herself and likely enjoys talking down to people.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I really dislike her mannerisms. There's something in the way she moves her head combined with her facial expressions that give me the impression that she has an inflated opinion of herself and likely enjoys talking down to people.
1. "i love smoothies because they're not heavy unlike carbs" smoothies have MAD carbs lolollolololol

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
How do you know that someone is vegan / does Crossfit / has 'gluten intolerance'?

They will let you know.

How can she be skinny (at her age, too!) and not know about basic macros?

I'm pretty sure she knows exactly just how many carbs are in smoothies and just acts dumb towards her teenage followers ...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I don't even know whether smoothies are a good choice for breakfast: they're not filling at all; and a 2 bananas smoothie has more calories than 3 slices of bread (my wholemeal bread is 61 cals/slice)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users