Angelina Jolie

She's been through a lot. Had a very crazy life and was into odd things if you dig for information you'll see that. She's more than obviously still insane.

Care to summarize? I don't want to waste my time Googling her.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Care to summarize? I don't want to waste my time Googling her.
http://angelinajolie-pitt.weebly.com/life-of-angelina-jolie.html I know this isn't the best reliable source but there's so many articles that basically say she's very into pain and it fascinates her. Which is probably why she did this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-battled-anorexia-self-harming-teenager.html
There's also interviews with past bodyguards saying all of the weird things she used to do, but again I'm not 100% sure because I don't know her. It would make sense though because she played the insane role in Girl Interrupted so well, and random people argue it's because that's how she normally is.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
http://angelinajolie-pitt.weebly.com/life-of-angelina-jolie.html I know this isn't the best reliable source but there's so many articles that basically say she's very into pain and it fascinates her. Which is probably why she did this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-battled-anorexia-self-harming-teenager.html
There's also interviews with past bodyguards saying all of the weird things she used to do, but again I'm not 100% sure because I don't know her. It would make sense though because she played the insane role in Girl Interrupted so well, and random people argue it's because that's how she normally is.

giphy.gif

That's not how "insanity" is diagnosed.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 11 users
NewYorkSkinny said:
She's been through a lot. Had a very crazy life and was into odd things if you dig for information you'll see that. She's more than obviously still insane. I love her even though she is. It makes her not this basic boring actress with a "perfect" life and "perfect" childhood, she already looks mysterious so it adds to it.
I know this isn't the best reliable source but there's so many articles that basically say she's very into pain and it fascinates her[...] There's also interviews with past bodyguards saying all of the weird things she used to do, but again I'm not 100% sure because I don't know her. It would make sense though because she played the insane role in Girl Interrupted so well, and random people argue it's because that's how she normally is.

Where's the joke then

• Agree
  • Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
Insane isn't even a real diagnosis anyways, sorry to tell you. :hahano: But she has BPD. Which can make someone act "insane" by having random episodes and such.

Which is why is put it in quotation marks. It is, however, a legal term, and personality disorders are specifically not applicable for insanity defense. But I guess you were joking anyway, right? Because defamation is just so hilarious?

The accusations you make are pretty fucking strong and demand substantiation beyond a half assed Daily Mail article or rumours online. You can't just say words without assuming accountability.

• Agree
  • Dislike
  • WTF
Reactions: 6 users
Insane isn't even a real diagnosis anyways, sorry to tell you. :hahano: But she has BPD. Which can make someone act "insane" by having random episodes and such.
I think what @elle_w00ds is saying is that "acting insane" isn't a symptom of anything. There's no doubt Jolie underwent suffering in her early life but you're not getting anyone to take it seriously by pointing out her "insane" behaviour as evidence - by that logic, the Kardashians have been through great suffering as well.

Edit: sorry, was typing while @elle_w00ds replied and did not see the response :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Which is why is put it in quotation marks. It is, however, a legal term, and personality disorders are specifically not applicable for insanity defense. But I guess you were joking anyway, right? Because defamation is just so hilarious?

The accusations you make are pretty fucking strong and demand substantiation beyond a half assed Daily Mail article or rumours online. You can't just say words without assuming accountability.
:hahano: It's not that serious but okay. I didn't make any accusations I just said she's a crazy girl that I love because I can relate to her. She's even spoke about her early life being wild. And with the articles that's why I said "I'm not 100% sure because I don't know her." Now stop trying to pick a fight to impress the more established members. :rolleyes:

• Dislike
  • WTF
  • Gross
Reactions: 8 users
:hahano: It's not that serious but okay. I didn't make any accusations I just said she's a crazy girl that I love because I can relate to her. She's even spoke about her early life being wild. And with the articles that's why I said "I'm not 100% sure because I don't know her." Now stop trying to pick a fight to impress the more established members. :rolleyes:

I'd like to think I'm an established member and think you sound like a fucking idiot.

Look, in my opinion you can like inflicting pain on yourself, but like with most fetishes, you cannot bring other people in without their consent.

Black and white- Jolie is a privileged adult and went scouting in Cambodia to manipulate young children. That is wrong on several levels. White exploiting black, rich exploiting poor, and old exploiting young. For a woman so 'enlightened' or y'know someone with the job title "UN Ambassador" should know better. Make your excuses for her behavior but she is lacking perspective and empathy for her fellow humans.

• Agree
  • WTF
  • Dislike
Reactions: 14 users
I'd like to think I'm an established member and think you sound like a fucking idiot.

Look, in my opinion you can like inflicting pain on yourself, but like with most fetishes, you cannot bring other people in without their consent.

Black and white- Jolie is a privileged adult and went scouting in Cambodia to manipulate young children. That is wrong on several levels. White exploiting black, rich exploiting poor, and old exploiting young. For a woman so 'enlightened' or y'know someone with the job title "UN Ambassador" should know better. Make your excuses for her behavior but she is lacking perspective and empathy for her fellow humans.
I never said it was a bad thing. I actually like it as well. But people view it as "crazy thing." I wasn't making excuses for her behavior I was just saying besides that I love that she is not basic. By the way she has said that article about doing all of that to those kids was false anyways.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40772436

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Thanks! I didn't have any idea she had this; not that I kept up with her anyway.
I wonder if it gives some 'context' to her odd comment about not loving her biological child as much as her adopted ones - if she experienced hardship and trauma throughout her childhood and in turn can't help but favour children who have experienced similar due to 'unusual' thinking patterns brought on by BPD.
Still rubs me the wrong way though.

Another established member here, hi. Letting you know that picking a fight with someone isn't "impressive" so I don't know where you are getting that exactly? But keep having you're fun and we'll see how long you last with your attitude :grin::grin:

• Agree
  • Love
Ok, one of these screenshots has factual and grammatical errors, and the one that looks like it's an Angelfire blog from 2001 is illegible. Might not be the best for proving your point.

Second, "insanity" is an extremely rude way to refer to BPD. It's great that she's so open about her diagnosis and (hopefully) fighting the stigma, and I'm glad it helps you relate to her, but friendly reminder that BPD makes life hell for the person experiencing it and those close to them. It's not something to be glamorized because you think it makes her more interesting and "not basic."

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Ok, one of these screenshots has factual and grammatical errors, and the one that looks like it's an Angelfire blog from 2001 is illegible. Might not be the best for proving your point.

Second, "insanity" is an extremely rude way to refer to BPD. It's great that she's so open about her diagnosis and (hopefully) fighting the stigma, and I'm glad it helps you relate to her, but friendly reminder that BPD makes life hell for the person experiencing it and those close to them. It's not something to be glamorized because you think it makes her more interesting and "not basic."

I have BPD and a ton of other shit. I'm not saying it's great to have and I didn't describe her illness as insane. I said she was insane in general. But I didn't mean insane in a rude way I mean she's like very open to things a lot of people aren't and a lot of people would describe her as insane. In my opinion I think that people who don't understand mental illness or are perfectly clean of mental illness or having a perfect life aren't interesting which is why I'm attracted to people who have been through things as well. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. She used to experiment a lot when she was younger and I do as well.

Another established member here, hi. Letting you know that picking a fight with someone isn't "impressive" so I don't know where you are getting that exactly? But keep having you're fun and we'll see how long you last with your attitude :grin::grin:

We'll definitely see. ;) I'm actually superrr sweet but a ton of you seem to get pissed and offended at any little thing I say, and I think mostly because I'm a rookie lol. I guess I'll just stick to updating pics of Marjan for now. Since my opinion doesn't really matter while I'm still a rookie. :jackoff:

• WTF
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
I have BPD and a ton of other shit. I'm not saying it's great to have and I didn't describe her illness as insane. I said she was insane in general. But I didn't mean insane in a rude way I mean she's like very open to things a lot of people aren't and a lot of people would describe her as insane. In my opinion I think that people who don't understand mental illness or are perfectly clean of mental illness or having a perfect life aren't interesting which is why I'm attracted to people who have been through things as well. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. She used to experiment a lot when she was younger and I do as well.

We'll definitely see. ;) I'm actually superrr sweet but a ton of you seem to get pissed and offended at any little thing I say, and I think mostly because I'm a rookie lol. I guess I'll just stick to updating pics of Marjan for now. Since my opinion doesn't really matter while I'm still a rookie. :jackoff:

Oh grow up please. Respect has to be earned. None of the more established members here found that everyone was 'pissed and offended' at everything they said just because they were rookies - we get 'pissed and offended' when people say stupid shit and then try to start childish arguments in their defence.

Nothing is more boring than clicking on a thread and seeing half a dozen posts from someone which are entirely about themselves and why they weren't wrong to say that thing they said.

if you make the effort to listen to what other members have to say and to consider what you are typing and how it fits into the general conversation and also relates to the thread topic then people will appreciate your contribution regardless of post count.

• Agree
  • Love
  • Disagree