Angelina Jolie Mastectomy

My mother had a mastectomy after she had breast cancer. It really isn't glamorous, but it's a terribly brave thing to do. I commend her and hope she is well.

Thanks for posting this. I like hearing things about celebrities beyond what they wear and what they eat (although I love to know those things as well :p). It makes them seem like real people, and gives me other reasons to admire them besides their weight.

I agree that Angelina is brave for doing this. I really respect what a tough choice this must be. And I have to say, it doesn't surprise me--she always struck me as a strong person, and this seems just about right for her. I wish her the best!

I admire her more for doing that, and for going public with it.

And I like something she said, like "I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity," :luv:

she has already completed the treatment as far as im aware. so much respect for her!

That is so brave of her, I would do the same thing in a heart beat. I know how much heart break she went through with losing her mother, so that is such an amazing thing to do for her children.

I always had a huge crush on her, but that has raised my respect for her even more.

She is a stunningly beautiful woman, who is raising six children, working as a UN ambassador and now encouraging women in their fight against cancer. She is tremendously brave, and I applaud her for going public with this.

All my respect, Miss Jolie, and I wish her all the best.
:luv: :bow:

I admire her more for doing that, and for going public with it.

And I like something she said, like "I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity," :luv:

I totally agree with you ladies! So much respect for her, she is so strong. And this quote is just everything :luv:

I have so much respect for her now. She is so brave and confident.
The same gene runs in my family. My mother got breast cancer (luckily they detected it before she had symptoms) so she had a double mastectomy too. I admired her so much for it (and still do.)

And all this while the tabloids were going on about her having an eating disorder and her relationship with Brad falling apart. :rolleyes: I guess her weight loss was due to the stress of losing her mother and going through the mastectomy.

While she is undoubtedly brave, she's also lucky to be able to afford the tests and procedures. I hope these preventive options will be available to all women rich and poor.

I hope she'll be able to live a long and happy life with her family, and I agree 100% with @lechevrefeuille, she had the $$ to go through the procedures which not everyone unfortunately can afford.

Last edited by a moderator:
While she is undoubtedly brave, she's also lucky to be able to afford the tests and procedures. I hope these preventive options will be available to all women rich and poor.

This is so true. It's so wrong that money should play a part in getting treatment fro/preventing diseases.

I know a lot of people are saying that it's not a "huge" deal because thousands of women go through that all the time... but, it is.
No matter how much people try to deny it, or how idiotic you think it is, celebrities do have a huge impact on society. And I do think this will impact many women who are at risk and inspire them.