America's next top model

Edit: one thing I do love about the dutch version is that while they do try to sugar coat it, they still tell some girls that they are too 'big' or need to go to the gym. So no 'oh you have curvesssss' bs :D

LOL! Yeah, the russian one tells girls they need to keep fit, lose weight and what measurements are industry standard.

They also market Orsoten-slim pills (Orlistat), which are like Alli.

It's hilarious seeing these stick-thin girls weighing themselves and going "Oh shoot, I need to lose 2 pounds" and their friend responding with "Oh just take these AMAZING obesity pills, they made me lose 5 pounds and I looooove them!" :lol:

It's so scripted!

Of course he gets kicked off, while that short annoying guy Marvin, and that fat girl that never stops talking about her marriage Jordan both are in the final 3 :rolleyes:

Marvin is irritating as HELL. He makes the same face in every photo and he's so thirsty :rolleyes: This season as a whole just ended up sucking honestly...

i thought all the guys this season were ugly as fuck. especially cory...his face is just scary :nervous: that's just based off of some pics i've seen though, so maybe they look better on tv.

@honeybun @Golden ice next ended up giving him a contract anyway :)
2qbry4m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought all the guys this season were ugly as fuck. especially cory...his face is just scary :nervous: that's just based off of some pics i've seen though, so maybe they look better on tv.

@honeybun @Golden ice next ended up giving him a contract anyway :)
2qbry4m.jpg

He better stop tagging ANTM if he wants to get anywhere in the industry..

NEXT had to work so hard to remove that reputation from Leila; they must really want him to take on that challenge again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked Chris's look, especially more than Marvin and Cory's, but I understand that he was kind of difficult to work with which wasn't good. I feel like maybe outside of a competition setting, though, he'd be better? I guess we'll see. :) I do love Cory's personality though :lol:

In terms of the girls, I liked Jordan a lot more than the rest, but I dunno, most of their people just don't like very modelly to me in the first place! I think most of them just don't act very professional either which is frustrating too.

I'm watching the college season, and I did not think you girls were serious when you were talking about how bad it is. Every single photo has looked like an art student's portfolio, and the ones they're claiming look "high fashion" are so trashy and boring.

I'm watching the college season, and I did not think you girls were serious when you were talking about how bad it is. Every single photo has looked like an art student's portfolio, and the ones they're claiming look "high fashion" are so trashy and boring.

I think bad is an understatement :nopity:

EWEWEW the new season... It's like they gathered all the cows in America, the girls are almost all fat ): Think Barbara-Palvin sized

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I was just watching Season 1 again (the early seasons are a guilty pleasure sry) and I looked up Elyse, who was my favorite girl and the skinniest one, and:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

blogentry-317601-0-15466000-1481917986.jpg

Granted, puffy face, not the best walk, but body-wise I think she could compete with the Vladas, Snejanas, and other skinny models of the time. Her stats are also impressive for someone her height. Even when she was on the show, she had a good body, but lost a bit afterwards and became more successful than most ANTM winners (she came 3rd place I think.)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I was just watching Season 1 again (the early seasons are a guilty pleasure sry) and I looked up Elyse, who was my favorite girl and the skinniest one, and:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

blogentry-317601-0-15466000-1481917986.jpg

Granted, puffy face, not the best walk, but body-wise I think she could compete with the Vladas, Snejanas, and other skinny models of the time. Her stats are also impressive for someone her height. Even when she was on the show, she had a good body, but lost a bit afterwards and became more successful than most ANTM winners (she came 3rd place I think.)

She was one of my faves... she died really well in the Asian market for a while before she decided to retire... kept a livejournal for a few years https://elysesewell.livejournal.com

Jaslene from I forget which season also had her skinny moments:

Project+Runway+Runway+Fall+09+MBFW+FDMbG60VPall.jpg

model-jaslene-gonzalez-the-runway-in-a-design-by-mt-costello-at-the-picture-id455283362

jaslenegelite-jpg.10372

foDR0fArXV4375tzZasYfqoG0Sev13t8pZsQd7oCPODkHmaSoJiUmFPqBtq6X7A4U0T1PwYSvsw4mYgkiNQs6yIjOlRp9ZlhVbJzPqm5xURGaKHTXIk0VAkK4kAUC9GuD6tEl_E

(the last pic was on some pro ana site so it might be shopped lol)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users