America's next top model

New cycle started about a week ago - thoughts?

Guys are much better than the girls. I dislike all the girls so far, but the guys seem decent enough! Itćs gonna be interesting though. Imagine those hormones going crazy in the house. A lot of LoL moments and bitchy situations waiting to happen. I look forward to watching it on my stationary bike (the only time I watch any shows is on boring long distance low resistance biking sessions)

Guys are much better than the girls. I dislike all the girls so far, but the guys seem decent enough! Itćs gonna be interesting though. Imagine those hormones going crazy in the house. A lot of LoL moments and bitchy situations waiting to happen. I look forward to watching it on my stationary bike (the only time I watch any shows is on boring long distance low resistance biking sessions)

Definitely agree - the guys are much better. I don't like the girl that they all think is super pretty - the one that's really tall that got married. She's annoying and she definitely isn't thin enough. Makeover week next week :) - my favorite episode.

Definitely agree - the guys are much better. I don't like the girl that they all think is super pretty - the one that's really tall that got married. She's annoying and she definitely isn't thin enough. Makeover week next week :) - my favorite episode.

Oh I can't wait for the makeover episode! There is always that one girl who cannot bear the thought of anyone touching her hair. i find that utterly ridiculous, because you have to work whatever look the industry thinks it's the optimal one for you to make you unique and give you some edge to separate you from other models. I mean - it will GROW BACK soon. You have been given rare opportunity to be seen and do some work (things you don't deserve, because many of them plain DON'T) and you are willing to compromise it over HAIR. Betch PLEASE.

Also... The married at 18-divorced at 18 little missy is neither pretty enough, nor skinny enough and definitely has no personality.
Let's see if she brings something to the table after all, but I think she'll be one of those who looks so promising but lacks the guts, determination, talent, stability and maturity needed to get to anything remotely resembling success :nopity:

Oh I can't wait for the makeover episode! There is always that one girl who cannot bear the thought of anyone touching her hair. i find that utterly ridiculous, because you have to work whatever look the industry thinks it's the optimal one for you to make you unique and give you some edge to separate you from other models. I mean - it will GROW BACK soon. You have been given rare opportunity to be seen and do some work (things you don't deserve, because many of them plain DON'T) and you are willing to compromise it over HAIR. Betch PLEASE.

Also... The married at 18-divorced at 18 little missy is neither pretty enough, nor skinny enough and definitely has no personality.
Let's see if she brings something to the table after all, but I think she'll be one of those who looks so promising but lacks the guts, determination, talent, stability and maturity needed to get to anything remotely resembling success :nopity:

Yeah, that girl is honestly annoying and either has her Kirsten Stewart face on or is complaining about her marriage. I thought the guy that went home last night, even though he wasn't tall, was hot - not that that is all it takes to model, but he is a lot more attractive than some of the other guys. I like the girl that has the blonde hair and big eyes - I hope they pretty much keep her look the same :).

omfg did not realize new cycle started. I love/hate this show. It's awful, and Tyra makes me want to throw my remote at the TV every time she opens her mouth, but such a good guilty pleasure show.

(Also, bring back Nigel bitches).

This show has become ridiculous. Just another television show where the contestants have become something to laugh at in my opinion. A complete joke. None of the girls are model material. In fact they are all fat and hardly pretty. The guys are completely laughable. The last episode where they are walking down a side of a building? Give me a break! It is crazy. I miss the first season. It has gotten progressively worse over the years. I guess I will still watch it, though.

There is nothing I love to hate more than this show. I actually watched a rerun yesterday. It's like I can be as judgey as I want-they are asking for it! Some of those girls have no self awareness and have the worst attitudes! Modeling is a job. Be professional, work hard. That's it. No room for your brattyness and temper tantrums.

Tyra is so consumed with herself and he wacko-ass attention whoring makes me crazzzyyy

This show has become ridiculous. Just another television show where the contestants have become something to laugh at in my opinion. A complete joke. None of the girls are model material. In fact they are all fat and hardly pretty. The guys are completely laughable. The last episode where they are walking down a side of a building? Give me a break! It is crazy. I miss the first season. It has gotten progressively worse over the years. I guess I will still watch it, though.

The first season was so hilariously low-budget though. The seasons with Nigel and Janice together were the most hilarious - but man, it's been such a long time since I've watched them.

Also, I definately think that the show has progressively lost its touch with reality as time went on. I actually watched the previous season after not watching for years and years, and Leila losing to both Laura and Kiara (lol!) was just stupid. I mean, she wasn't revolutionary or anything but... c'mon, the other two? Just such basic, basic bitches.

Just to add: I guess the fact that Leila did work like Herve Leger pre-fall, has done several recent editorials and commercial work, and while Laura has done.... nothing speaks for itself. I guess Tyra et al did her a favour by sparing her from the ANTM Winners' Kiss of Death.

abuXmQOv.jpg

abm17P6p.jpg

Herve Leger Pre-Fall 2013

adnZxamL.jpg

acjCQ33g.jpg

Instyle Australia, July/August 2013, shot by James Demitri.

abl1QJKE.jpg

adonaXn6.jpg

C Californian Style Magazine, June/July 2013, shot by C Californian Style Magazine, June/July 2013.

Leila was CLEARLY the most potential model - Laura looked like a volleyball player or something - beautiful, sporty, but not model.

Anyone watching cycle 20? I think Jourdan and Nina have just absolutely beautiful faces. However, the plus size girl, Chlea, is ugly as. She looks like she is about 40. I don't know why they can't find attractive plus size models for the plus size quota on the show...hope she gets kicked out soon.

As for the male models...not too many of them are actually that attractive - but I could see a few of them easily getting work, like Cory, in high fashion runway.

Reposting the shots of Leila, as the links to my above shiz stopped working cause i r dumb.

HL pre-fall:

ITdR3tS.jpg

996839_10152884748400237_447897828_n.jpg

971098_10152911654295237_1600448711_n.jpg

The InStyle shoot:

tumblr_mr1y5eDeEE1r4668co1_500.png

970428_607520489268040_896401593_n.jpg

The C Californian shoot:

tumblr_morbujUXgP1r4cwajo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_morbujUXgP1r4cwajo3_1280.jpg

Oh, and she got the cover of Russh and the spread was featured on models.com (http://models.com/feed/?p=45061)

RSH53_BEAUTY-1a.jpg

RSH53_BEAUTY-2.jpg

RSH53_BEAUTY-3.jpg

Photographer: James Nelson
Styling: Billie Iveson
Hair: Renya Xydis
Makeup: Nadine Monley

I met with Next while I was in LA last and they told me how incredibly hard they had to work to disassociate the ANTM branding from Leila. They basically had to push harder than they would have with any other new face.. but they clearly did a good job of it.

I met with Next while I was in LA last and they told me how incredibly hard they had to work to disassociate the ANTM branding from Leila. They basically had to push harder than they would have with any other new face.. but they clearly did a good job of it.

They definitely did!! I've been kind of curious about this - why do these agencies team up with ANTM? Like this season, I believe Next is signing a contract with the winner, and I think IMG has in the past. Is it a publicity thing?

Ooh, interesting insight @sabine! I'm glad that they did such a good job of it, I really have a soft spot for her and I it seems she has potential and the willingness to buckle down and work.

And yeah, I agree with @Golden_ice - the the double-standard message they send is weird. I mean they have some big names on ANTM (I mean, Andre Leon Talley was a judge for chrissakes) and then they have the Next or IMG contracts, but it's not a very big secret that any association for ANTM itself is the kiss of death for most girls who actually are serious about modeling. I mean, I do think ANTM sends such a skewed representation of "models" out into the public eye, and 99% of the contestants have 0 potential, but it's interesting that those that do have potential have a higher mountain to climb if they've been on the show.

Anyway, I haven't watched any of the new season - I looked at the cast roster and it just killed any desire to do so. I mean, fuck, I could go out on the street right now and find 10 more modelesque girls in an afternoon than are on this cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely did!! I've been kind of curious about this - why do these agencies team up with ANTM? Like this season, I believe Next is signing a contract with the winner, and I think IMG has in the past. Is it a publicity thing?

agencies such as Next and IMG, by teaming with any NTM franchise, have the ability to sign any girl who shows up to the casting round to their books. It's like the NTM franchise has taken all the PR labour out of one massive cattle call casting, quite often the girls with the most potential won't make it onto the show.. but will walk out with a contract. I'd say that's the biggest appeal. @Allie, hopefully that answers your queries too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user