America's next top model

The photoshoots are a joke, 99% of the girls are a joke, and the judges are a joke. There has not been 1 girl from all 18 cycles of the show with international high fashion success. The closest is probably Mollie Sue, who had a Diesel campaign, or Fatima, who had a Herve Leger campaign.

There was this beautiful girl from a few years ago named Lauren Brie Harding. She is one of the few girls who I thought had potential, so of course she didn't win :rolleyes:

This is Lauren Brie:
Jcznx.jpg

I6mPY.jpg

G8tnM.jpg

TUtaW.jpg

vu7Sa.jpg

aopRN.jpg

E3U8L.jpg

a3xKt.jpg

YYXDz.jpg

There was this beautiful girl from a few years ago named Lauren Brie Harding. She is one of the few girls who I thought had potential, so of course she didn't win :rolleyes:

She's beautiful!! What has she been in? Do you think she got exposure pre or post ANTM? Like can girls who are already in the industry join that show?

of course she didn't win :wtf:
I wish I understood the motives behind the judges decisions. It is not possible that they believe the girls they are picking are the best.

She's beautiful!! What has she been in? Do you think she got exposure pre or post ANTM? Like can girls who are already in the industry join that show?

She hasn't had much success :( Mostly just work for small, commercial brands and a few editorials here and there. She modeled full-time though, so I guess she made enough to make a living off of modeling.

Girls who are already in the industry wouldn't join the show because it's career suicide :p

I think my jaw never left the floor when I watched an episode of ANTM college edition.

It was so bad I couldn't stop watching.

@etoile The analogy to performing monkeys and winning bananas is spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I'm mostly fascinated by people who think this show has anything to do with fashion modeling, or the fashion business, or anything of the sort... it's a 45 minute commercial for Cover Girl and whoever else they can get to come on the joke of a show.

Entertainment at its finest. Those girls are such bitches and most could benefit from some anger management classes. I find it so interesting how the 'ghetto' girls are outspoken bitchy while the others are more 'behind your back' bitchy types. This always creates maximum drama.

I HATE the college edition, all the girls are average and the show got really boring since they started having points for everything and letting the fans vote, it feels like the judges don't really have that much of a say anymore. Though the fan vote is kinda good at the same time because in the past the judges have made some really bad decisions, such as Allison Harvard being beaten twice when she was way better than the other girls.

I watched the fourth or fifth episode just to check out the girls but i was really disappointed. All that drama between the girls looks pretty fake to me.

Man, seems like I should've been more diligent with the application process. I was almost in but too lazy to get all the clearances. :p
I'd have made it a much more fun season. Sorry y'all.

I HATE the college edition, all the girls are average and the show got really boring since they started having points for everything and letting the fans vote, it feels like the judges don't really have that much of a say anymore. Though the fan vote is kinda good at the same time because in the past the judges have made some really bad decisions, such as Allison Harvard being beaten twice when she was way better than the other girls.

I remmember Allison Harvard... there was something about her face I really liked
Allison_Harvard_ps.jpg

allison13_michael_schwartz.jpg

allison10_michael_schwartz.jpg

anywway... I watched one episode of college edition just to see.... OMG i was left speechless. What a disaster... and getting rid of all the old judges??? Whatever, this show needs to be over.

I remmember Allison Harvard... there was something about her face I really liked
Allison_Harvard_ps.jpg

I LOVED her and felt they robbed her twice. I thought her sense of humor was refreshing instead of over the top like some of the other girls.

Anyone watch the latest episode of college edition? :lol:
The girls are worried for Victoria because she is losing weight. What a joke. They all need to lose weight, way too much thigh this season! And Tyra said if Victoria continues to restrict in the coming weeks she'll be going home. This show should be called Americas next plus size model!
And I can't stand Brittany, I think she is hideous!

The girls are worried for Victoria because she is losing weight. What a joke. They all need to lose weight, way too much thigh this season! And Tyra said if Victoria continues to restrict in the coming weeks she'll be going home. This show should be called Americas next plus size model!

I couldn't agree more! Victoria is actually beginning to look decent.

They always get rid of the ones with actual potential early. Probably for the best for the girls anyways. :rolleyes: I can only imagine that it's better for your career to not deal with Tyra's stupid ideas.

Man I wasn't sure if I was just crazy or something, glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks they're a bit on the big side...

This whole season is a joke. This show is reallllly going downhill.

Just watched it. She's the only one (maybe with Nastasia, but Nastasia's shorter) who looks even remotely like a runway model. Shame about her anxieties. I think she may have stress/anxiety related problems that could evolve into a mental health issue, but anorexia nevrosa? Nooo....

The others are beautiful girls, but FAT FAT FAT in this context.

I cringe everytime someone tries to compliment a fat model on being "High fashion". Especially Diva!Tyra. Plus size models cannot be high fashion.:run: