Americans are prudes

I understand this frustration! When I moved to France I got used to all the female nudity, nipples not being an issue there at all! Coming back to the UK, I was shocked to realise how prudish everybody was towards the female body. Free the nipple!!

Reactions: 1 user
I understand this frustration! When I moved to France I got used to all the female nudity, nipples not being an issue there at all! Coming back to the UK, I was shocked to realise how prudish everybody was towards the female body. Free the nipple!!
what i especially cannot stand is when people get angry/offended because someone's nipples show through their shirt/dress, even if very subtly. What did you think was under there?

Reactions: 4 users
I can't "like" posts yet but I would like every post in this thread if I could. The female nipple has become such a ridiculous sexist construct/tool of gender oppression in the US. Not to mention that most overweight/obese men (so, most men) have larger breasts than a lot of the SGs on here, and they waddle around shirtless all the time while we have to remain covered up. Grrrr.

This brings me back to middle school days... the girls at my school were constantly called to the principal's office and forced to change (out of our probably-innocuous tank tops) into our gym uniforms so we "wouldn't distract the boys in the classroom."

Reactions: 1 user
what i especially cannot stand is when people get angry/offended because someone's nipples show through their shirt/dress, even if very subtly. What did you think was under there?
Haha! exactly, It's like people expect a woman's breasts to be like a barbie doll's breasts, bumpless, smooth and plastic. And personally I find the imprint of a woman's nipple through her sweater to be very beautiful, careless chic in a way.

sd9faU8.jpg

Duh! ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Germans are prudes, too. Just recently there was a huge discussion because some high schools put a ban on hotpants (and other 'provocative' clothing)... The worst argument for it was: to protect male teachers

Naaah, it was to protect 14-year-old boys from having a boner all day long.
Which, to be fair, is understandable, at least to me. When I was in school, baggy pants for boys were everywhere and you could see the boys' asses (or underwear, depending on cut and fit) very clearly. They were asked to dress differently, too. I secretly think and hope both the ban of ultra-baggy pants and uber-short hot pants was meant to protect the aesthetically challenged from themselves and their closets.

I love how ridiculous American prudishness can be. Like those scenes where people have sex and then the women gets out of bed, holding the sheets just so that they cover her boobs, then gets up and instantly puts on her underwear. Because that is how sex works. Silly Americans.

Reactions: 3 users
I love how ridiculous American prudishness can be. Like those scenes where people have sex and then the women gets out of bed, holding the sheets just so that they cover her boobs, then gets up and instantly puts on her underwear. Because that is how sex works. Silly Americans.
lol when I was young I remember being so confused at the sex scenes where a woman collapsed and her BRA WAS STILL ON??

Reactions: 1 users