Amal Alamuddin

Body shape doesn't determine amount of FAT on a leg though--regardless of your bone structure, if you have little body fat (read low bmi, and thin) you won't have large upper thighs. It's just science. Body fat will not cling onto bones, and your thighs have a lot more on them than just your "body type" or "bone structure". I have a very limited natural waist for example, and after losing even 10 pounds it shrunk 2.5 inches. Your thighs are even more of a noticeable place to lose inches, given that muscle/fat are a lot of the "volume" one sees in legs, unlike the mass/width of a ribcage, for example

Reactions: 1 user
Body shape doesn't determine amount of FAT on a leg though--regardless of your bone structure, if you have little body fat (read low bmi, and thin) you won't have large upper thighs. It's just science. Body fat will not cling onto bones, and your thighs have a lot more on them than just your "body type" or "bone structure". I have a very limited natural waist for example, and after losing even 10 pounds it shrunk 2.5 inches. Your thighs are even more of a noticeable place to lose inches, given that muscle/fat are a lot of the "volume" one sees in legs, unlike the mass/width of a ribcage, for example
I think the real issue is that for some of us to have legs like this, our upper body will be beyond "visually appealing" :p (I have the opposite bone structure to you). But you are absolutely right though.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that you and @Jailbait misunderstood my idea.
The original poster said she wants to have thighs the same size as legs (I think she means calves). But very few bodies are built that way.
Let's say the legs are half the size of your thighs. When you slim down/reduce body fat, you thighs will still be larger than the legs (albeit skinnier than before). The ration maintains.
Overall, I agree that slimming down is always a good idea, that's why I'm on SG in the first place.

Reactions: 1 users
I looove Amal! She is so tiny, and a smartie at that :) I do think George has a few things going on the side (also with some men, as speculated) and I have heard rumors about his kinks. But Amal seems to flourish in the spotlight, so I think their arrangement works out well. She gets attention for her work and fashion, he gets to be the husband of a kick-ass lady.

I do have some questions about her casual wear, though. She looks so beautiful in her work/formal wear:
135226PCN_Clooney12cut.jpg

1413373354462_wps_1_epa04447585_lawyer_amal_a.jpg

rs_1024x759-140929093046-1024-amal-alamuddin-dresses.ls.92914.jpg

(Loved her wedding attire).

But then her casual clothes, I just don't even know...

main.original.585x0.jpg

article-2657084-1EBB27B100000578-775_634x816.jpg

amal-alamuddin-engagement-ring__oPt.jpg

28919e1f00000578-3077624-street_style_the_37_year_old_showed_off_her_chic_casual_wear_in_-a-79_1431393558686.jpg

rs_578x1024-140904152455-634-2amal-alamuddin-mcqueen.ls.9414.jpg

Sigh. I don't know, maybe I'm just being too harsh (I am rather hungry tonight), but I am just not a fan.

I do have some questions about her casual wear, though. She looks so beautiful in her work/formal wear:

But then her casual clothes, I just don't even know.
Sigh. I don't know, maybe I'm just being too harsh (I am rather hungry tonight), but I am just not a fan.

I think her casual style suits her as well as the bussiness-elegant one. Not necessarily what I would wear, but it works on her. What don't you like about it, exactly?

PS- Thank you for the pics, some of them I didn't know (not the wedding attire, of course, that one was on every magazine on the face of the Earth).

I looove Amal! She is so tiny, and a smartie at that :) I do think George has a few things going on the side (also with some men, as speculated) and I have heard rumors about his kinks. But Amal seems to flourish in the spotlight, so I think their arrangement works out well. She gets attention for her work and fashion, he gets to be the husband of a kick-ass lady.

135226PCN_Clooney12cut.jpg

1413373354462_wps_1_epa04447585_lawyer_amal_a.jpg

rs_1024x759-140929093046-1024-amal-alamuddin-dresses.ls.92914.jpg

(Loved her wedding attire).

But then her casual clothes, I just don't even know...

main.original.585x0.jpg

article-2657084-1EBB27B100000578-775_634x816.jpg

amal-alamuddin-engagement-ring__oPt.jpg

28919e1f00000578-3077624-street_style_the_37_year_old_showed_off_her_chic_casual_wear_in_-a-79_1431393558686.jpg

rs_578x1024-140904152455-634-2amal-alamuddin-mcqueen.ls.9414.jpg

In her casual attire she kind of reminds me of Mad Men late seasons style (so that would be the 70' I guess).

I think her casual style suits her as well as the bussiness-elegant one. Not necessarily what I would wear, but it works on her. What don't you like about it, exactly?

PS- Thank you for the pics, some of them I didn't know (not the wedding attire, of course, that one was on every magazine on the face of the Earth).

I don't like the numerous patterns, plastic-y jewelry, over-ripped loose jeans *with* super loose sweaters. It just seems very youthful, and a little dated. Her work/formal wear is stream-lined and classic, which is my preference, so I am sometimes thrown off by her casual choices.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't like the numerous patterns, plastic-y jewelry, over-ripped loose jeans *with* super loose sweaters. It just seems very youthful, and a little dated. Her work/formal wear is stream-lined and classic, which is my preference, so I am sometimes thrown off by her casual choices.
I could be biased, I feel like I don't dress youthful enough in my free time. Maybe I'm projecting my desires on her.

Ugh yes! They all look quite tacky especially the jewelry. More proof that money and brands does not translate directly to good style

The looks aren't streamlined, don't look clean - each look has at least one thing that doesn't "match" with the rest of the outfit. She would look absolutely amazing with black skinnies, a loose tee, and bomb-ass shoes/jackets. Nothing wrong with actually dressing down on your off days. I am biased though as I prefer minimalism/model street style in general for casual wear.

Reactions: 3 users
I just love Amal, she's such a life inspiration. :luv:
It might add to my admiration that I'm a law student and I think it's just kick-ass what she's doing and how she's doing it. However, I'm not really convinced about the whole George-thing but I'm sure she knows what's best for her.

We have a saying here that it's impossible for a man to find a woman who is slim, beautiful and who "has something in the head" (i.e. is kind and intelligent) at the same time. It's called the "magical triangle" of women. Well, Amal is proof that you actually can have these 3 things. :highfive:

Some recent photos (not sure about the jumpsuit, but her arms look unreal in the first photo):

george-clooney-goes-on-american-roadtrip-with-rande-gerber-01.jpg

george-clooney-goes-on-american-roadtrip-with-rande-gerber-02.jpg

Source: Just Jared
Btw: The article says that George and Amal went on a road trip with Rande Gerber. Weren't there some rumours? :whistling:

I just love Amal, she's such a life inspiration. :luv:
It might add to my admiration that I'm a law student and I think it's just kick-ass what she's doing and how she's doing it. However, I'm not really convinced about the whole George-thing but I'm sure she knows what's best for her.

We have a saying here that it's impossible for a man to find a woman who is slim, beautiful and who "has something in the head" (i.e. is kind and intelligent) at the same time. It's called the "magical triangle" of women. Well, Amal is proof that you actually can have these 3 things. :highfive:

Some recent photos (not sure about the jumpsuit, but her arms look unreal in the first photo):

george-clooney-goes-on-american-roadtrip-with-rande-gerber-01.jpg

george-clooney-goes-on-american-roadtrip-with-rande-gerber-02.jpg

Source: Just Jared
Btw: The article says that George and Amal went on a road trip with Rande Gerber. Weren't there some rumours? :whistling:
can someone please explain to me what she's wearing.....