All seasons dressing

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
Girls I need your help on what to wear. It's 10-20 deg Celsius here. With sun, rain, wind all rolled into a day's weather which is making it difficult for me to dress. I've actually googled this and am stuck.

One minute I am absolutely freezing and then the next minute I'm kind of warmish. I'm the only one here still wearing a big winter coat and a scarf. I feel so odd walking down the street when the sun is shining. I just don't know what to wear.

I need coat/jacket ideas and outfit ideas. Pictures would be a great help too.

Thanks

Girls I need your help on what to wear. It's 10-20 deg Celsius here. With sun, rain, wind all rolled into a day's weather which is making it difficult for me to dress. I've actually googled this and am stuck.

One minute I am absolutely freezing and then the next minute I'm kind of warmish. I'm the only one here still wearing a big winter coat and a scarf. I feel so odd walking down the street when the sun is shining. I just don't know what to wear.

Thanks

Haha, you're a UK girl too as I remember!

I'm cold all year round but am really struggling with it at the moment... I'm still wearing a winter coat, boots and a scarf. Problem is, if the sun comes out and I'm active I end up sweating :rolleyes:

If I know it's going to be warmish (but not hot) and not raining, I'll throw on a blazer over a blouse (usually with a tank top underneath), I'll also have a cardi in my bag for if it gets chilly. This teamed up with flats or sandals if it's not going to pour it down. I find this way, I'm protected against any chilly breeze but if it gets warm I can remove the blazer and if by some miracle, it gets hot :confused: I can sneak to a rest room and remove the tank top.

I'll have a think when I'm more awake tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
haha I get this. I live right in the midwest (20 minutes outside st.louis) and the weather is known for changing every 5 minutes here, especially during the transition months.

remember to layer (sweater and a light jacket)..usually I just dress confused and wear a combination of season clothes, like shorts and a sweater, or a dress/skirt with long socks/tights or boots and scarf and bring a light jacket. It's a good conversation starter too. sorry you must deal with this but I feel your pain. :lol:

Ugh, god - its like that for both spring and fall where I live :(. Layering is always best - if you get tired of winter coats, try and get a big thick sweatshirt, or a fall/spring peacoat - it feels less wintery, but it keeps you warm :). Sweaters are always good so that you can take them off if you are hot, but have them to put on if you are cold. If you want to wear a skirt/shorts, wear a sweater and a little jacket - that way if it gets cold you can put one of them over your legs :). Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sounds like your weather is pretty close to spot-on with mine right now, haha...although tomorrow is supposed to be quite warm if the weather forecasters are to be trusted, which I have only rather limited faith in, lol.

Layers are your best friend, though. I love some good layers. I also definitely advise layering natural fibers (cotton, silk, wool, etc.) that will "breathe" a bit, keeping you more comfortable.

Right now, I have been sticking to a pair of pants or jeans with a variety of tops to stay comfortable - usually a tank top, tee shirt and a light hoodie or sweater of some variety, and then a light jacket if there is wind. It's not too hard to change around the layers if I need to, and they breathe so that I don't get sweaty. If I'm feeling too warm, I remove a layer, and when I feel cold again, I add it back on. I tend to always dress for the coldest part of the day, and then move through my layers to warmer-weather clothing from there so that I stay comfortable.

Leather jackets! And as @salander said - layering! Just keep the layers light, e.g start with a t-shirt. then put a shirt on top (denim shirts are great imo), then you can add a vest and top it with the leather jacket (bicker or bomber, both go quite well with layering)

98e49f69b83eb8b7_JAlba121412.xxxlarge_1.jpg

2_120_165_2.jpg

fall-layering-at-its-finest.jpg

13_layer-smart.jpg

Also, if you're not a fan of leather jackets, you can substitute it with a blazer:
layering_denim-shirt-and-blazer.jpeg

You can also wear oversize knit sweaters on their own, as a dress:
L_p0013856539.jpg

943711_309598065840216_1543699417_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks

Isn't it the most annoying weather ever! Apparently it's going to snow this month!?

Ok, so what I do is if it looks sunny outside but not 21 degrees, I wear denim shorts with tights and flats, a nice top/tshirt, I wear or stuff a cardigan in my bag and my coat is usually a thick one if i'm gonna be out after dark (I am usually colder than most people I know, most of the time) or if it's warm - hot I'll wear a jacket (leather, suede, etc) and put the cardigan on.

I concentrate on layers I can remove, rather than dressing entirely like it's winter.

I hope this helps a little?

Thank you all. I'm going to use your tips. :kiss: I got stuck freeeezing today because I dressed for a warmer weather today. Hate this darn weather!!