alive-still-need2live

Of course because it's a mental illness it's more complicated, I just meant that while she may feel fat when she has gained weight (I think her gw is 45 kg?), other recovered anorexics actually are fat. Here I was thinking of a former classmate who was anorexic, I saw her lately after 2 years, and she's very chubby and doesn't look as good as she did when she was anorexic, but she was sick and she needed to recover. I'm happy that she's healthy again, but I know her and I know that it's hard for her to be so chubby.

I edited my post a bit to make more sense :oops:, so perhaps it gets my point over more clearly now, but I think the general gist of what I'm saying is that the reality of an anorexic person's weight status is probably less influential on their recovery than their ability to disentangle their sense of self from their weight, whatever it is.

Please forgive me for pushing the point; I suppose the reason why it means something to me is that I thought your post could perhaps be read as saying 'Yeah, well, she might have succeeded in conquering her life-threatening mental illness or whatever, but AT LEAST SHE'S NOT FAT!!'; I also found your assertion that 'recovering anorexics actually are fat' maybe a bit of a generalisation, if you're only actually referring to one person, and I suppose I feel worried about generalisations that might confuse people on this issue. I'm sure that's not at all what you meant, but I guess just the idea of that thought triggered me a little. I could definitely be being over-sensitive though, and can only really talk about how I feel about weight gain. Let's hope it's easier for Nancy.

We're so alike. :wtf: My mom was horribly bulimic during high school, and although she is very healthy and happy and recovered now, I can still tell that weight will always be something that tortures her. And she definitely had her influences on me. I remember being 9 years old and not wanting to wear shorts because I thought my thighs were fat. And I didn't learn how to swim until I was about 12 because at 7 years old I thought I was so fat that I would sink in the water. I can't remember when or how I got over those negative thoughts, but I definitely did because by 15 I was starting to look like a chubby little hamster for real.
:nopity:

Wow, you've done really well Lee if you had those type of fears/thoughts so young :highfive:

Of course because it's a mental illness it's more complicated, I just meant that while she may feel fat when she has gained weight (I think her gw is 45 kg?), other recovered anorexics actually are fat. Here I was thinking of a former classmate who was anorexic, I saw her lately after 2 years, and she's very chubby and doesn't look as good as she did when she was anorexic, but she was sick and she needed to recover. I'm happy that she's healthy again, but I know her and I know that it's hard for her to be so chubby.

Oh please, don't judge anorexics that got fat/chubby :(
It's just so hard with a mental illness like that to see something realistic. You're looking into the mirror and you simply don't know what is true and what's not.

I'm struggling with that too, I don't know my weight and I won't weigh myself anymore but if I look in the mirror and think I'm fat I don't know if I'm really fat or it's just my ED. And if I think I'm skinny it's the same, I wonder if I am just thinking this because I have an ED and it's okay to accept your body how it is or if I'm truly skinny. :cry:
It's horrible. I don't even know what I look like. :cry:

I edited my post a bit to make more sense :oops:, so perhaps it gets my point over more clearly now, but I think the general gist of what I'm saying is that the reality of an anorexic person's weight status is probably less influential on their recovery than their ability to disentangle their sense of self from their weight, whatever it is.

Please forgive me for pushing the point; I suppose the reason why it means something to me is that I thought your post could perhaps be read as saying 'Yeah, well, she might have succeeded in conquering her life-threatening mental illness or whatever, but AT LEAST SHE'S NOT FAT!!'; I also found your assertion that 'recovering anorexics actually are fat' maybe a bit of a generalisation, if you're only actually referring to one person, and I suppose I feel worried about generalisations that might confuse people on this issue. I'm sure that's not at all what you meant, but I guess just the idea of that thought triggered me a little. I could definitely be being over-sensitive though, and can only really talk about how I feel about weight gain. Let's hope it's easier for Nancy.

Oh, now I know what you mean :). You're right of course. And I was trying to not generalise, and in my mind 'fat' is something like 120 lbs.

It's just so hard with a mental illness like that to see something realistic. You're looking into the mirror and you simply don't know what is true and what's not.

I'm struggling with that too, I don't know my weight and I won't weigh myself anymore but if I look in the mirror and think I'm fat I don't know if I'm really fat or it's just my ED. And if I think I'm skinny it's the same, I wonder if I am just thinking this because I have an ED and it's okay to accept your body how it is or if I'm truly skinny. :cry:

:cry: *hug* I LOVE YOU @els!

You're skinny, you're beautiful and you're STRONG! Please don't be sad! :kiss:

YOU'RE AMAZEBALLS! IF YOUR MIRROR TELLS YOU SOMETHING ELSE, THROW THAT MOTHERFUCKER OUT THE WINDOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't judge them at all. I find it admirable when people have the courage to recover.
And I know the feeling :( I was anorexic, and I hate my body, and I always will feel too fat. The thing is, I only set these standards for myself. I sometimes don't think other people are fat even if they weigh more than me. It's weird.
Also, I've seen the photos of you that you have posted. You're very pretty and skinny, it would be perfect if you believed it yourself :).

:cry: *hug* I LOVE YOU @els!

You're skinny, you're beautiful and you're STRONG! Please don't be sad! :kiss:

YOU'RE AMAZEBALLS! IF YOUR MIRROR TELLS YOU SOMETHING ELSE, THROW THAT MOTHERFUCKER OUT THE WINDOW!

oh god you're far too kind
this community really lights up my heart!
i want to hug you, em! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't judge them at all. I find it admirable when people have the courage to recover.
And I know the feeling :( I was anorexic, and I hate my body, and I always will feel too fat. The thing is, I only set these standards for myself. I sometimes don't think other people are fat even if they weigh more than me. It's weird.
Also, I've seen the photos of you that you have posted. You're very pretty and skinny, it would be perfect if you believed it yourself :).

thank you dear <3

I love her and her blog. She has experienced so many horibble things and had a hard life and still gives away such a positive feeling, she has a very strong and wise personality, even though she is quite yound. Definitely someone to look up to and her tumblr is very nice if you want to see yummy looking healthy food aroung your dash.

I really love her blog, I'm happy that she is trying to get healthy. I don't find her blog triggering, but motivational- there are always amazing recipes of good food (like the ginger tofu jelly), makes me want to eat healthy low-cal things too.

From 2014
tumblr_nfu82qklpl1qm5eazo3_1280.jpg

Posted May 22nd, 2016-
"You stupid shit. I’m at and have been at my lowest weight in my entire life for months now. In 2012 I was still in the 30kg range. These months I’ve been 28 and below. Shit like this kills people.. People whom are already dying"

So she was even thinner than she is in the above photo at some point. She hasn't made any updates since that post. Can't find anything else online

From 2014
tumblr_nfu82qklpl1qm5eazo3_1280.jpg

Posted May 22nd, 2016-
"You stupid shit. I’m at and have been at my lowest weight in my entire life for months now. In 2012 I was still in the 30kg range. These months I’ve been 28 and below. Shit like this kills people.. People whom are already dying"

So she was even thinner than she is in the above photo at some point. She hasn't made any updates since that post. Can't find anything else online

Wow hard to believe she could get much thinner. Hope she is ok.