Alexis Ren

she gained because she’s recovering from her eating disorder.... please be kind
In case you’re being sarcastic/ it’s a joke: lol

In case are you serious, I often notice people being “overprotective” towards the ones who had an ED. I suffered from it too, and then became a fattie. But after an ed you’re supposed to get healthy, not fat. Thus, were allowed to be mean. :)

• Disagree
  • Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
But after an ed you’re supposed to get healthy, not fat.
? She’s not fat. Or do you define healthy as super skinny? Because it’s false. When you’re recovering from anorexia you’re supposed to listen to your body and stay away from triggering behaviors. And talking about triggers, reading a website where a bunch of people are criticizing your body must be very hard, so no you’re not “allowed to be mean”

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Was hesitating to post those when I checked out her instagram briefly a couple of days ago, mainly because she just looks way too horrendous to justify an update, but everything about this lipjob, (nose job too?) looks so off... Not going to comment on her weight, but I just find that more often than not, any heavily surgical alteration to one's face always looks worse than if they hadn't done it.
Unless it's very subtle and to correct minimal things, I've always preferred the natural version.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
? She’s not fat. Or do you define healthy as super skinny? Because it’s false. When you’re recovering from anorexia you’re supposed to listen to your body and stay away from triggering behaviors. And talking about triggers, reading a website where a bunch of people are criticizing your body must be very hard, so no you’re not “allowed to be mean”
For the first part, in part, I agree. I definitely overreacted to your previous post, apologies.

The anorexia we are talking in this case, is completely mental. Her body looks absolutely average and she is heavier than (of course) all the models we judge and comment on daily basis, of which we have no clue about their private lives.

We make comments about models that have way less success and struggle daily to get somewhere. We comment not only about their body appearance, but facial features, something that's unchangeable. And we’ve no idea of what’s behind. But is *gossip* for a reason.

I don't follow closely her life, and I am assuming a gain from a face photo, which was not very smart to do. I quickly checked online and the articles about her ED are from April or so. Anyhow, I believe that working in the industry in general is a trigger, as you always must look at your best, therefore we may assume that many other girls struggle with this.

if you think about Bella Hadid's thread, is filled with insults and offensive tags, even though through her yoyo weight is quite visible she is still suffering from some sort of distorted eating pattern. So I just don't get this double standard.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
For the first part, in part, I agree. I definitely overreacted to your previous post, apologies.

The anorexia we are talking in this case, is completely mental. Her body looks absolutely average and she is heavier than (of course) all the models we judge and comment on daily basis, of which we have no clue about their private lives.

We make comments about models that have way less success and struggle daily to get somewhere. We comment not only about their body appearance, but facial features, something that's unchangeable. And we’ve no idea of what’s behind. But is *gossip* for a reason.

I don't follow closely her life, and I am assuming a gain from a face photo, which was not very smart to do. I quickly checked online and the articles about her ED are from April or so. Anyhow, I believe that working in the industry in general is a trigger, as you always must look at your best, therefore we may assume that many other girls struggle with this.

if you think about Bella Hadid's thread, is filled with insults and offensive tags, even though through her yoyo weight is quite visible she is still suffering from some sort of distorted eating pattern. So I just don't get this double standard.
I think it’s quite a bold statement to assume the anorexia here is completely mental. Are you saying that because she isn’t super skinny? There was an obvious physical toll on the girl, even if it wasn’t to our standard, or what we think of when we think of anorexia.

100% the difference is that she has admitted to an eating disorder. That’s where I think the line is with talking about someone’s appearance. I can guarantee most of us would have the decency to stop talking about Bella’s weight if she had outwardly admitted to one. Same goes for Lily Rose, we (most of us) had the decency to stop bringing up her weight.

Also I don’t think we should assume many girls are suffering from EDs. That’s exactly the antiquated thoughts that people get wrong about the fashion industry. To assume everyone has an eating disorder just seems a little off to me, even if they’re very much there. The difference is we either know or we don’t, so if we know someone is suffering, it makes complete sense why we wouldn’t talk about their bodies anymore.

I really don’t care for this girl, mostly because she’s ruined her face/body with plastic surgery, but your post seemed a bit odd. Idk, I’ve been such a softy these days. Figuratively.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I think the amount of weight one gains back after an eating disorder depends on many factors, such as
- regaining your period
- lessening of other symptoms (lanugo, hair loss, aching joints, perpetual coldness)
- how long it takes to break the ED mindset
- initial weight and lowest weight
- metabolism

This could mean just returning to a healthy BMI, or even entering the overweight category. For Alexis, she’s a public figure and makes money off of her body, so gaining a ton of weight would not be a viable option for her. None of us really know the extent of her eating disorder, nor what her exact routine is now, but we can safely say that her body during the “ED period” was one that required at least a moderate level of calorie restriction and exercise to maintain, and her body now is one that requires at least a little calorie restriction or healthy eating and exercise to maintain, but can be achieved with adequate nutrition. While we (and other skinny models who calorie restrict) do not have eating disorders, no doctor would ever advise a disordered patient to follow our diets because of the restriction inherently in them. That’s why we don’t let pro-Ana girls join; this website would be very triggering to someone with an eating disorder. Alexis’ situation makes her recovery very difficult, because for her profession, she still needs to maintain a fit body and be cautious about what she eats, so I think given her circumstances, she’s doing as well as we could ask for.

As for the supposed double standard when it comes to Bella Hadid, I think the key difference is that Bella is a high fashion model, walks runways, lands magazine covers, etc. She is only able to maintain this profession because of nepotism and her celebrity status, whereas any other model with her fluctuation and measurements would be booted out of the industry, disordered or not. Having an eating disorder in general is not conducive to a modeling career, even if you are skinny (just look at Lexi Almeida.) Alexis Ren isn’t a HF model, she’s an Instagram model and public figure. Her body only needs to be up to the public’s standards. She could gain 50 pounds and rebrand as a body-posi activist, and if she finds an audience for it, it would be completely acceptable for her profession.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
she gained because she’s recovering from her eating disorder.... please be kind
Thanks for pointing this out, I had already forgotten she ever said that. Mainly was curious that is she more honest with the editing nowdays as we have seen it being rather extreme in the past.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

How do you say her anorexia is mental? Do you know her personally? I don’t think so. And in Bella Hadid case, again, you’re speculating. Unlike Alexis she never spoke about having ED problems, and yeah yoyoing is unhealthy but isn’t necessarily correlated to an eating disorder or anorexia

How do you say her anorexia is mental? Do you know her personally? I don’t think so. And in Bella Hadid case, again, you’re speculating. Unlike Alexis she never spoke about having ED problems, and yeah yoyoing is unhealthy but isn’t necessarily correlated to an eating disorder or anorexia
With mental I meant the emotional and behavioural symptoms.

Regarding Bella, copied from the Hadids thread:
“eating disorder since age 16, which then evolved into bulimia, and she used to encourage her friends to throw up with her.. I'm guessing she binges and purges, which is probably why she's so often puffy and bloated, and then starves herself with Dr. Passler to drop the weight quickly.”

In any case, as I previously stated, my comments were uneducated and not my general pattern of contribution on the forum. Thus, I don’t see the point in continuing a discussion on the topic, as I proved myself to be quite ignorant about the issue and mixed it with personal experience.
Again, I am sorry I typed impulsively and without thinking.

On the anorexia mental thing... it IS a mental disorder that frequently causes physical symptoms. I really hate hearing people say "oh she's not anorexic, she's not thin enough" or things of that nature. There are stages, phases, multiple behaviours, that, all, can result in a diagnosis of anorexia, and aren't always reflected by weight. And then there's recovery... being in recovery doesn't mean "fixed", it doesn't change the diagnosis, but it usually does change your body, regardless of what weight you were at when you enter treatment you're going to gain. Once you've learned to listen to your body then you can begin to make your body listen to you in a much healthier and rewarding manner.

@clairefhjao that first bit was just my two cents and not directed at you in particular. This next bit is. I was annoyed/angered by your earlier posts. But I agree that they aren't in tune with your usual contributions. Thank you for being humble, doing the learn, and acknowledging it.

Now back to our cosmetic procedure nastiness. :twisted: She really needs to find a better doctor... one with ethics... or her next gig is going to be an episode of "Botched"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Her body looks healthy, and she seems very happy lately, so good for her. BUT. Why is she posting pictures with her face looking like this?! She used to have a pretty cute smile but her face just looks so different these days

DC77DF25-A9D1-4F8B-A628-0E40896A229D.png

• Agree
  • Gross
Reactions: 4 users
alexis_ren01.jpg

Sorry that this isn't a proper picture - it popped up on pinterest, but I'm always so shocked at how different she looks in real life (face, but especially body). She has one great photo retoucher.

• Agree
  • WTF
alexis_ren01.jpg

Sorry that this isn't a proper picture - it popped up on pinterest, but I'm always so shocked at how different she looks in real life (face, but especially body). She has one great photo retoucher.
Stumpy legs aside, the lighting really does no favors for her face. She looks like a caveman with a unibrow

• Agree