Alexandra Elizabeth Ljadov

From the same article. What do you think?

"She seems to have a sweet tooth too, copping to fries and milk shakes as a dinner option during Fashion Week's frenetic schedule. Her go-to trick for staying focused during busy times isn't yoga or meditation either. "I need to have my sugary ice cream to keep my mind sharp," she's said."
I believe it. She's probably not eating ice cream every day, just taking a lot of pictures of herself whenever she eats ice cream. And notice she said specifically ice cream, not junk food in general. I definitely have pics like the one above ^^ but my bf knows the damage control I do before/after. It's just easier to get people off your case once you have built up a reputation for "eating a lot" :run: Plus, she's young. She can def get away with eating ice cream for a meal every once in a while.

Reactions: 1 user
It's just easier to get people off your case once you have built up a reputation for "eating a lot" :run:
110% yes
If there is one thing that helps get people off my back, it is eating (not a lot, but substantially and carelessly) when you meet them and maybe the second time you see them. After that, you can skip meals all you want and they won't even notice, because they have already made their minds about you. First impressions are everything.

Reactions: 5 users
I believe it. She's probably not eating ice cream every day, just taking a lot of pictures of herself whenever she eats ice cream. And notice she said specifically ice cream, not junk food in general. I definitely have pics like the one above ^^ but my bf knows the damage control I do before/after. It's just easier to get people off your case once you have built up a reputation for "eating a lot" :run: Plus, she's young. She can def get away with eating ice cream for a meal every once in a while.

But fries and milkshakes during fashion week? That's what I don't believe. Even 16-year-olds would get bloated and carbcrash.

Delevingne went to McDonalds before the VS show. Although it's odd she would go the eve of the show, it's not hard to believe she didn't eat there when she was modeling. All the time. In fact, she always made a huge deal about it. If even an 19 year old model said this about eating during fashion week, I wouldn't believe it. That's my age and I'm skinny, but I have to work like hell at it still. Your metabolism is your best during your earlier teenage years. It's as if evolution has put a clock on it because teenager eat more and more at this age.

Also, I've worked in journalism before and it's so true when they say words are twisted around. I really don't blame her for saying this, I have a feeling it was more of a thought that wasn't well-developed when she went to say it.

Delevingne went to McDonalds before the VS show. Although it's odd she would go the eve of the show, it's not hard to believe she didn't eat there when she was modeling.

Wait, sorry - too many double negatives and a Cara Delevigne citation, I'm confused as to what you're trying to say about Alexandra. Could you clarify?

Yes sorry, my thought process ended and I didn't finish writing. Double negatives? This girl is young, seventeen, right? Her metabolism is probably at its peak right now, so eating what she claims is not unrealistic. I don't doubt she eats that kind of food at other times, but I don't fully believe she would eat fries and shakes during fashion week. That lifestyle just as unhealthy as the opposite, if not more, so I wonder if she said this to ward off any eating accusations. They're inevitable in that industry, unless the girl is "plus-size." But how many models, especially commercial models, talk about how they eat junk food, even during fashion week? That's where the Delevingne references comes in. I'm tending to think this is the case for Alexandra.

But fries and milkshakes during fashion week? That's what I don't believe. Even 16-year-olds would get bloated and carbcrash.
Correct me if I'm wrong but she never stated the quantity she was eating? I'm sorry but I just don't see the issue with junk food. Bloating and water retention still have to do with total carbohydrates. If you're eating a tiny serving of fries vs a big serving of fruit, there's minimal difference in water retention. Sure the fries aren't as healthy, but that's another issue altogether. Like I said, she could be eating ice cream instead of a meal, plus skipping a meal... fashion week is so busy, it's entirely possible she'll eat something she really enjoys at the end of the day and not gain weight, simply due to the small quantity she's eating.

If she's saying that she's eating a full restaurant sized serving of burgers plus fries PLUS a shake, I absolutely call bullshit. But what she said (if those are her words) seem totally plausible (carbs are not the devil & don't make you gain weight... calories make you gain weight :p)

Reactions: 3 users
Correct me if I'm wrong but she never stated the quantity she was eating? I'm sorry but I just don't see the issue with junk food. Bloating and water retention still have to do with total carbohydrates. If you're eating a tiny serving of fries vs a big serving of fruit, there's minimal difference in water retention. Sure the fries aren't as healthy, but that's another issue altogether. Like I said, she could be eating ice cream instead of a meal, plus skipping a meal... fashion week is so busy, it's entirely possible she'll eat something she really enjoys at the end of the day and not gain weight, simply due to the small quantity she's eating.

If she's saying that she's eating a full restaurant sized serving of burgers plus fries PLUS a shake, I absolutely call bullshit. But what she said (if those are her words) seem totally plausible (carbs are not the devil & don't make you gain weight... calories make you gain weight :p)
I agree, this is another problem that you find. Models and celebrities discuss how they can "eat whatever they want" due to high metabolism or even just age, and then everyone calls bullshit and the accusations for disorders follow soon after. What they don't say is how they treat those foods like a rare dessert often. Some may afford it more often than others, but "eating whatever I want" doesn't mean they're stuffing their faces. It may only mean they enjoy veggies, fruits, and the like. That's still considered whatever they want.

You're right, it's totally possible. Obviously her words are being taken out of context, and we don't know whether it's her, or the media's desperate need to prove that "skinny women have magic metabolisms so I guess it's just genetics..."

See, the bloating from salty fries (during fashion week, of all times!) was where I see something fishy going on. Is the water retention from a small amount of fries actually comparable to that from a larger quantity of fruit? That sounds slightly sarcastic but I promise I'm asking for real, because I do respect the sh*t out of your medical knowledge.

I'll credit Eternal Summer with pointing out that the proof is how she looks. I personally think it's a poor decision during a week when it's important to keep energy up and her water retention down, but me and my chubby adult metabolism will sit down and stfu on this subject because you're right, nobody knows but her.

She looks like she is very much done puberty and works for her body. There is no way her teenage metabolism is still active. I gained weight at 17 when I finished growing and I was a good three years behind in puberty. Plus as I mentioned before she has a wide bone frame. "Fast metabolism " skinnies usually have tiny hips and shoulders.

She looks like she is very much done puberty and works for her body. There is no way her teenage metabolism is still active. I gained weight at 17 when I finished growing and I was a good three years behind in puberty. Plus as I mentioned before she has a wide bone frame. "Fast metabolism " skinnies usually have tiny hips and shoulders.
I don't think bone structure has to do with metabolism, in what way do you mean that? I think if she has been taking care of herself, her "teenage metabolism" could be more than fine. It really becomes fucked up if you do anything extreme at a young age, but a model who is healthy wouldn't have a damaged metabolism. That being said, no one can know whether she's actually being healthy. I believe that when models discuss how much they eat, or always about eating junk food, it's a sort of defense mechanism. But I guarantee if she hasn't already started, she may need to start working hard for her body. And hopefully she does, because FAR too many young models don't keep up. 17 is the age where your hormones are changing since puberty. I remember gaining weight on places I wasn't used to before.

See, the bloating from salty fries (during fashion week, of all times!) was where I see something fishy going on. Is the water retention from a small amount of fries actually comparable to that from a larger quantity of fruit? That sounds slightly sarcastic but I promise I'm asking for real, because I do respect the sh*t out of your medical knowledge.

I'll credit Eternal Summer with pointing out that the proof is how she looks. I personally think it's a poor decision during a week when it's important to keep energy up and her water retention down, but me and my chubby adult metabolism will sit down and stfu on this subject because you're right, nobody knows but her.
I'm biased since I can 'get away' with a little naughty eating every now and then (I don't have a crazy teenage metabolism or anything.. just lucky, I guess). I oversimplified when I compared a small serving of fries to a large serving of fruit, since there's more to water retention than just carbs. But personally speaking, I drink a LOT of coffee so water retention from salt doesn't affect me that much. I personally find I do bloat if I'm not careful with how much fruit I'm eating... like a few weeks ago we bought a few lbs of cherries and I love cherries. It could have been the volume or the sugar, or both.. or maybe I have poor digestion - it's hard to say.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if she's drinking a lot of coffee (inhibits sodium reabsorption in the kidneys) and eating a small serving of fries (I really do mean small serving... not a fat person's definition of "small" serving), then it's possible she won't experience any bloat. As for energy.... I get a lot more energy from caffeine and calories in general (from any food, not just healthy food... especially when you're food-deprived). Plus if I'm not mistaken, models guzzle coffee like water during fashion week. That could explain a lot :p

ETA: For anyone trying to lose some quick water weight, please don't just drink caffeine and completely cut out sodium. Your body actually needs sodium to function and it's a really delicate electrolyte balance. Hyponatremia can be dangerous. Be safe, don't be stupid. xo

I don't think bone structure has to do with metabolism, in what way do you mean that?

Oh sorry! I wasn't clear! I just meant that teens that haven't finished puberty have a faster metabolism. Boob size isn't a good indicator, but bone frame often is. This girl has clearly finished growing, her body doesn't require excess calories to fuel growth. Think young Vlada vs Alexandra's photos.

There are also people who don't bloat, especially if they're in a caloric deficit overall.
I have monitored my weight very closely for quite a while and the only time I experienced water retention due to food/salt was the day after eating at a Chinese buffet, which means too much food in combination with heaps of sodium, so quite an 'extreme' situation.
I doubt that if she ate 800 kcal in, for example, fries, and nothing else in a day, she would experience any bloat if she isn't very prone to it.

There are plenty of forum members who complain about bloating when eating a very clean fruit and veggies diet. For me, if I am eating 300 calories for lunch, and I don't want to bloat, I'm MUCH better off eating a small serving of a calorie dense food than a big serving of a water and fiber rich food.

I love Alexandra Elizabeth. I've seen her in Milan after Prada fashion show, she was so beautiful and delicate.. Her body is a dream, her legs are to die for. She seemed fresh and happy to me.
Any guess about her weight? I'm not good at all in this thing..

I'm sure she eats that stuff but this is another case where if you actually counted the calories of what she eats every day it would prob be not so much. I get having a fast metabolism and being thin at that age, but not THAT thin. No way that is 100% effortless. Also, I read she runs and dances a lot so exercise probably plays a big role

I want to hate her because she's skinnier than me :hahano:
Oh well. Goals, I guess.
She kinda looks like Clemence Poesy, who I think is pretty though I have no idea why. Same reasoning applies here.
clemence-poesy-20071130-344505.jpg
Tout-pour-etre-jolie-comme-Clemence-Poesy.jpg