Alessandra Ambrosio

It's always about Ronaldo. The only man in teamsport world who prefers to collect single awards for himself than trophies with his teams.

I wonder why she agreed to take part of this, since her 'role' is so...replaceable and stupid. Fangirl ?

Reactions: 1 user
Cover and editorial for Harper's Bazaar Kazakhstan December 2015
Photographer: Dennis Leupold
456703-800w.jpg

456704-800w.jpg

457580-800w.jpg

457581-800w.jpg

457582-800w.jpg

457583-800w.jpg

457584-800w.jpg

457585-800w.jpg

457586-800w.jpg

457587-800w.jpg

457588-800w.jpg

457589-800w.jpg
I really like her in this shoot, the dark lips, the red cheeks, the whole Russian Empire-kinda-style suits her, which is odd because she's Brazilian.

I don't know, lets count the tan Russian models.

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Yes. Lets reduce the world's largest country, with 11 time zones and over 100 ethnic groups to the look represented by only the models it exports.

The comment was about her 'tan' giving her away. Truth is, your knowledge of her ethnicity literally coloured your perception of the shoot and its theme.

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Yes. Lets reduce the world's largest country, with 11 time zones and over 100 ethnic groups to the look represented by only the models it exports.

The comment was about her 'tan' giving her away. Truth is, your knowledge of her ethnicity literally coloured your perception of the shoot and its theme.
Wow, I really was out of line calling someone "tan". Sure glad you set me straight!

It read like the casual observation as it was intended and not a joke.
So lets say I agree with you that it was a casual observation, she does have a point that big name models that come out of Russia are usually paler. I think of Vlada and Sasha when I think of Russian models, but I also know Russia is a giant place with many ethnic groups. If you're going to get mad at her for stating the fact that most Russian models are pale, then maybe take that up with Russian agencies and not someone whose observation was pretty spot on.

Despite that rant, it was meant as a joke, not a hit on any under-represented ethnic group in Russia. If you ever want to talk Russian politics with me feel free. Its a major part of my studies right now, despite being a biology major. I would love to have an intelligent conversation, but maybe don't attack people so aggressively for a joke. It makes you look crazy, not them

Take a chill pill.

So lets say I agree with you that it was a casual observation, she does have a point that big name models that come out of Russia are usually paler. I think of Vlada and Sasha when I think of Russian models, but I also know Russia is a giant place with many ethnic groups. If you're going to get mad at her for stating the fact that most Russian models are pale, then maybe take that up with Russian agencies and not someone whose observation was pretty spot on.

Despite that rant, it was meant as a joke, not a hit on any under-represented ethnic group in Russia. If you ever want to talk Russian politics with me feel free. Its a major part of my studies right now, despite being a biology major. I would love to have an intelligent conversation, but maybe don't attack people so aggressively for a joke. It makes you look crazy, not them

First of all everyone take a chill pill. This is not some crusade about the under-representation of ethnic groups.
I think fashion is pretty diverse and generally not mainstream anyway.

@Kit, we all know about the big name Russian models that are usually pale and blue-eyed. They are beautiful. Period.
I have nothing against that and why should I? Did I ever mention that I have a problem with how the Russian agencies operate as far as the ethnic representation of their models? No. So, this is a moot point.

Every culture, nation and media has their own 'beauty narrative'. It's their prerogative. This is NOT about the russian model agencies or being mad at pale models. Where did you pull that out of? In fact, I'm not mad at all. So lets not make it seem like I'm foaming at the mouth.

I was really speaking about it from the perspective of the photoshoot. It was a russian theme.
In fact as far as 'representation', the shoot did something novel by casting a model for a russian theme that's different from the usual narrative.
I pointed out that Russian people can be tanned too (given their diverse demographic) and it doesn't automatically disqualify a tanned model from being depicted.

Ginger_Red said she looks 'Brazilian' BECAUSE of her tan (...what a leap) , as though it automatically disqualified her as a plausible model for the photoshoot and theme. It also seemed like a denunciation to me, especially when we know she IS Brazilian and we are generally aware that Brazilian models are marketed and styled differently anyway. If we follow her logic; and Alessandra lost her tan - would she have been more believable in her depiction then? her modeling in the spread would have been great otherwise...? This seems like a dense assertion to me.

It just doesn't seem like a logical inference to me, to negate the whole theme of a photoshoot because she is tan and looks 'Brazilian'. So what? ( Brazilians come with varying skin tones too). If anyone took an objective view - She could be a tanned Russian or even a Brazilian expat in Russian clothes - who cares? Especially when @oizys mostly commented on liking Alessandra's styling.

Ultimately, the inability to appreciate a slightly uncommon depiction - seemed like a closeted perspective and irked me.

No. Not just tan.
You asserted that she looked unconvincing in the Russian theme BECAUSE of her tan.

It really just exposes your narrow and rather bigoted worldview.

Anyway. Carry on.
If I'm bigoted for that comment, I would love to hear you bitch to someone who actually says something derogatory or racist. Anyway. Carry on.

If I'm bigoted for that comment, I would love to hear you bitch to someone who actually says something derogatory or racist. Anyway. Carry on.

I see you completely disregarded the actual content of the discussion.

Actually, 'bigoted' was an unnecessarily harsh descriptor. I apologize. I don't think or ever implied you're a racist.

However, I do think you operated from the point of an implicit stereotype, which to me seems unfairly prejudicial and a logical fallacy.

Last edited:
I see you completely disregarded the actual content of the discussion.

Actually, 'bigoted' was an unnecessarily harsh descriptor. I apologize. I don't think or ever implied you're a racist.

However, I do think you operated from the point of an implicit stereotype, which to me seems unfairly prejudicial and a logical fallacy.
Your opinion didn't bother me as much as you implying (but not directly saying) that I made a racist comment. I appreciate the apology for that. We've both made our points and can bury this. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: 1 users
First of all everyone take a chill pill. This is not some crusade about the under-representation of ethnic groups.
I think fashion is pretty diverse and generally not mainstream anyway.

@Kit, we all know about the big name Russian models that are usually pale and blue-eyed. They are beautiful. Period.
I have nothing against that and why should I? Did I ever mention that I have a problem with how the Russian agencies operate as far as the ethnic representation of their models? No. So, this is a moot point.

Every culture, nation and media has their own 'beauty narrative'. It's their prerogative. This is NOT about the russian model agencies or being mad at pale models. Where did you pull that out of? In fact, I'm not mad at all. So lets not make it seem like I'm foaming at the mouth.

I was really speaking about it from the perspective of the photoshoot. It was a russian theme.
In fact as far as 'representation', the shoot did something novel by casting a model for a russian theme that's different from the usual narrative.
I pointed out that Russian people can be tanned too (given their diverse demographic) and it doesn't automatically disqualify a tanned model from being depicted.

Ginger_Red said she looks 'Brazilian' BECAUSE of her tan (...what a leap) , as though it automatically disqualified her as a plausible model for the photoshoot and theme. It also seemed like a denunciation to me, especially when we know she IS Brazilian and we are generally aware that Brazilian models are marketed and styled differently anyway. If we follow her logic; and Alessandra lost her tan - would she have been more believable in her depiction then? her modeling in the spread would have been great otherwise...? This seems like a dense assertion to me.

It just doesn't seem like a logical inference to me, to negate the whole theme of a photoshoot because she is tan and looks 'Brazilian'. So what? ( Brazilians come with varying skin tones too). If anyone took an objective view - She could be a tanned Russian or even a Brazilian expat in Russian clothes - who cares? Especially when @oizys mostly commented on liking Alessandra's styling.

Ultimately, the inability to appreciate a slightly uncommon depiction - seemed like a closeted perspective and irked me.

I said all that because I was trying to see it from your perspective. You really did seem like you were picking a fight over a comment that was an innocent joke. Back me up here @Ginger_Red, you meant it as a joke and Intrinsicality took it way too seriously