Adele Says she doesn't want to be skinny..

Shes so full of it. I bet now that she is getting rich, she is gonna get a trainer, lose alot of weight and talk about how "healthy" she feels from working out and blah, blah, blah...and how is skinny related to having your tits out?

Oh yah! I will put a bet on that too and i bet you we will win. That or she will stop singing.. those are my guesses. And being skinny and having your boobs out i don't really know lol .... guess we should all have our boobs hanging out lol

I usually am all about abusing people who abuse skinnies when they themselves are quite *hem* NOT. However, Adele is.... Adele. Like it or not, she is who she is. I'd be pretty weirded out if she lost weight. In fact I can't even imagine her losing weight. She would basically be a completely different person in my eyes.

I'm not saying Adele looks healthy or that she couldn't/shouldn't lose the weight, but I think that she has the talent and the mindset to speak through her songs and not through pictures.

I think we should give her the grace that we often ask for ourselves; not to be judged for our decisions to eat or not eat.

Whatever makes you happy shouldn't be judged. We shouldn't be judged for killing off our fat stores, Adele shouldn't be judged for having them.

But I'm a total hypocrit so what the hell. Let's just abuse someone else, I just like Adele. :bow:

Honestly, I think she was just making a distinction between herself and her smaller contemporaries (Gaga, Rhiana [spelling?], Katy Perry, etc) that are selling their looks, with skimpy costumes and theatrics, more than their voices. Though, I don't think I'd refer to any of them as "skinny mini" but...

Of course, I am a little biased and forgiving when it comes to Adele. Love her!

I love Adele. I love her writing, her voice and her individuality. Honestly, I would have a hard time watching her hop around onstage like Shakira (Although I love her, too). I agree with Cel, I think she was referring to other stars, period. Honestly, she's probably going home with a wheelbarrow full of Grammys soon... She doesn't need to be skinny for her career.

On another note, I know it is REALLY hard to believe but some people TRULY don't wish to be skinny. I know this because it's something that I am struggling with right now. I have been overweight (not obese) since my teens and I have always wished I was thinner ONLY when I went shopping or wore a bathing suit. Every time I've started a diet or exercise regimen I have quit after a couple of weeks. I used to think it was because I was lazy, I just recently realized it was because the moment I started to get thinner I freaked out and quit. Do I think I look hot at my current weight? Absolutely not. I don't see myself as ugly, either but something about seeing myself thinner really frightens me. I know some of what frightens me but it's too much to get into here.

Sorry this is so long, lol.

On another note, I know it is REALLY hard to believe but some people TRULY don't wish to be skinny. ... I don't see myself as ugly, either but something about seeing myself thinner really frightens me. I know some of what frightens me but it's too much to get into here.

Sorry this is so long, lol.

I can relate to you, Jane. In a way, I wish I'd be thinner but I don't feel immense motivation to be skinny cuz... I'm kind of fine the way I am. On certain days though, I wish my heart off that I'd be skinny.

Here is an article for you all of Adele the singer saying " I don't want to be son Skinny Mini With my Tits Out"..... lol first off i didn't think that just because your skinny means you have to have your boobs hanging out or you dress sluty. I never have my boobs hanging or showing..
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...o-be-some-skinny-mini-with-my-tits-out-201292
How could you FORGET that all skinnies are unnaturally that way and just doing it ~for the men~? Can't you see how FEMINIST and BODY POSITIVE Adele is?

Blah, just sounds like sour grapes to me. AND she *is* selling her body ... the only thing she ever talks about is her fatness! /irony

Here is an article for you all of Adele the singer saying " I don't want to be son Skinny Mini With my Tits Out"..... lol first off i didn't think that just because your skinny means you have to have your boobs hanging out or you dress sluty. I never have my boobs hanging or showing..
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...o-be-some-skinny-mini-with-my-tits-out-201292
How could you FORGET that all skinnies are unnaturally that way and just doing it ~for the men~? Can't you see how FEMINIST and BODY POSITIVE Adele is?

Blah, just sounds like sour grapes to me. AND she *is* selling her body ... the only thing she ever talks about is her fatness! /irony

So insulting... to all skinny women everywhere. I loathe her personality, she needs to shut up about how proud of her fatness she is and stop insulting skinnies. :mad:

She pretends to be okay with being fat when in reality she spends her time crying to all the criticism she gets for her size.

Adele dear do the world and yourself a favor and just lose some weight. :nopity:

On another note, I know it is REALLY hard to believe but some people TRULY don't wish to be skinny. I know this because it's something that I am struggling with right now. I have been overweight (not obese) since my teens and I have always wished I was thinner ONLY when I went shopping or wore a bathing suit. Every time I've started a diet or exercise regimen I have quit after a couple of weeks. I used to think it was because I was lazy, I just recently realized it was because the moment I started to get thinner I freaked out and quit. Do I think I look hot at my current weight? Absolutely not. I don't see myself as ugly, either but something about seeing myself thinner really frightens me. I know some of what frightens me but it's too much to get into here.

Agreed. Some people just have an attitude: who cares for pounds, I dont wanna restrict myself because I wanna enjoy in all food :grin:
I'm ok with that, its their life. I dont judge anybody because it doesnt concern me. But I hate hypocrats who insult skinny girls and call them anorexic, but in fact they wanna look just like them.

um, i really don't think she means being skinny= looking like a slut. i think she's just refering to the general image of female music artists. you've got to admit, they are usually slim and scantily clad.

and i think that her message is a postive one. she's a singer, and we like her (or don't) for her music, not her image. honestly, i'd rather there were more fat singers who had talent than girls who can't sing and were only chosen for their looks (seems to be the thing nowadays).

no, i don't like her look, i don't think anybody should be promoting fatness, but i don't think she's picking on skinnies. from the sound of it, she's just happy being her and doesn't want to change because that whats expected of someone in the music industry. i kind of admire that in her.

But I hate hypocrats who insult skinny girls and call them anorexic, but in fact they wanna look just like them.

This. 100%. Bitches need to get over it. If you want to be skinny, do something about it. Don't be an asshole to the girl next to you because she's something you're not but wish you were. It's like brunettes who hate blondes that get more attention. Hooker, you know where the salon is!!

My personal experience is not so much one of indulgence as much as having very little proper nutritional guidance and household diet in my teens. I ate all kinds of crap I shouldn't have because I was unaware of what I was actually doing to myself. At the time I wished I was thinner but felt hopeless due to my ignorance. Now I am actually quite picky about eating clean and portion control and I work out. It's just that when the weight starts coming off I freaking FLIP! I love the way I FEEL lighter but when I SEE myself deflating I get scared. Maybe of seeing myself differently. Maybe of being seen differently. Or of attracting men for the way I look only (Slender chicks are hot, ergo they attract more men, ergo they attract more asshole losers that don't appreciate them for all the other wonderful things they bring to the table). So... To sum it up... I have issues.:meh:

yuk, she looks like a dozen girls compressed into one.
Is that me retarded or she just achieved SECOND Vogue cover? Anna Wintour, we're done.

I always saw her in a neutral way, like "Each to their own; she´s a singer (and not even a bad one), not a model". I was OK with the way she looked.
But this comment just ruined everything.
Skinny equals slutty? WTF?

Really Adele? Not selling your body? Your boobs not hanging out.
adele-vogue-us_392x0.jpg

She's a lovely singer, but her attitude and hypocrisy is so annoying! We get that you're proud being fat, just leave the skinnies alone! In fact, there are many underrated (and thinner) singers who can give Adele a run for her money!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VytTnwY5E
watch

I'm sorry, but.... I'm gonna have to call false on that one. The vast majority of what Adele talks about has NOTHING to do with her body. Look up her recent Vogue interview. I see information about her plans for a future album, her qualities as a girlfriend, her feelings about performing... and it is separate from body talk. Frankly, I think it's all of us who are fixated on her weight and trying to make it into an issue when it's not. And one more thing: I really do believe that the reason why so many people here fixate on Adele's weight is that it seems inconceivable to us - who are so wrapped up in being thin - that a woman can be large AND successful AND extremely talented AND happy/not concerned with her weight. I wish I could be half so confident, but instead I fret away about the size of my waist. So, let's all try being honest with ourselves, m'kay?

Last edited by a moderator: