Actors who lost/gained weight for a role

It makes me sick how they all lost weight so easily.

I'm sure that if I could tell "well, I'm having nothing to eat today because of this role I have to play" it would be so much easier. Like people wouldn't be mean, but just agree.

Starving tip : tell people you need to lose weight for a certain reason that is really strong, like you're in a really strict model agency that asked you to lose some weight, and they will stop making you sick about "how light" you eat. Actually the only thing that prevents me for losing weight are other people making me feel guilty about the fact that I want to lose weight. (did you get what I meant ?)

Anne Hathaway has lost 25 lbs for Les Miz

I know her face looks sick, but that's because she's playing Fantine (aka the poor, starving prostitute who dies without seeing her daughter again. It made me cry both in the book and the theatre version)

anne-hathay-skinny120620111411.jpg
355308133_getty_images_92819032595-92819682939_xlarge.jpeg

I just say this Jared Leto pics:

before :
article-2240091-1642F511000005DC-56_306x434.jpg

now:
article-0-1642D342000005DC-739_634x758.jpg

he is playing a HIV-positive transsexual woman in a movie and apparently lost tons of weight by "starving for a month ":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ilm-role-reveals-shockingly-skinny-frame.html

I think that he takes his roles very seriously, I mean he gained a lot of weight for a movie some years ago and now this. It's scary though, I hope this won't damage his health in long term...

"While most actors gain kudos or awards in recognition for gaining extreme amounts of weight for a role, Ryan Gosling got fired. Yes, the Oscar-nominated actor with the pinup looks put on 60 pounds after he was cast in Peter Jackson’s The Lovely Bones, because he thought it would service his character, grieving dad Jack Salmon. “We had a different idea of how the character should look,” Gosling told The Hollywood Reporter. “I really believed he should be 210 pounds.” To accomplish this task, Gosling drank melted cartons of Häagen Dazs ice cream, but when he showed up on set, Jackson was unimpressed and ultimately replaced Gosling with Mark Wahlberg. “Then I was fat and unemployed,” said Gosling. "

Love Ryan Gosling, (he looks so strange bigger!), but I think Mark Wahlberg was perfect in that role. Definitely how I imagined the character.

Anne Hathaway has lost 25 lbs for Les Miz

I know her face looks sick, but that's because she's playing Fantine (aka the poor, starving prostitute who dies without seeing her daughter again. It made me cry both in the book and the theatre version)

anne-hathay-skinny120620111411.jpg
355308133_getty_images_92819032595-92819682939_xlarge.jpeg

:rolleyes: she looks exactly the same in all 3 pictures. I hate that she got the role. she's terrible.

Mila Kunis reportedly lost 20 lbs for Black Swan as well as Natalie Portman.
natalie_portman_weight_loss.jpg

Mila+Kunis+Weight+Loss+Before+and+After.jpg

Both are about 5'3" - 5'4"

Rooney Mara lost weight for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, not sure how much though.
TIFF2009-d5c-0665.jpg
mara.jpg

Renee Zellweger was quite thin and muscular in Chicago which is super opposite Bridget Jones.
002CCG_Renee_Zellweger_061.jpg

Bridget-Jones-s-Diary_7017_14.jpg

Mila was so gorgeous in Black swan. And now she looks like this....

Attachments

• Kunis-Kutcher-101912-9.jpg
    Kunis-Kutcher-101912-9.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 102

Has anyone else noticed that Mila Kunis often looks happier in the pictures where she's slimmer? I noticed that first in the picture of her before and after her weight gain

mila-kunis-before-after-weight-gain.jpg

I just say this Jared Leto pics:

before :
article-2240091-1642F511000005DC-56_306x434.jpg

now:
article-0-1642D342000005DC-739_634x758.jpg

he is playing a HIV-positive transsexual woman in a movie and apparently lost tons of weight by "starving for a month ":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ilm-role-reveals-shockingly-skinny-frame.html

I think that he takes his roles very seriously, I mean he gained a lot of weight for a movie some years ago and now this. It's scary though, I hope this won't damage his health in long term...

Apparently he did a water fast for 21 days.