Actors who lost/gained weight for a role

S

Skinny2012

I am a big fan of Christian Bale (looking forward to the new Batman movie), but it was hard to watch him in the movie "The Machinist". He's 6'2 and dropped 63 lbs to play a man whose health deteriorates after not sleeping for a year.
I read in an article that his diet only contained coffee, cigarettes and an apple a day.

Here's a picture:

balejuice1.jpg

Do you know other examples (maybe not that extreme^^)?

I think Natalie Portman lost weight for Black Swan, but I'm not sure.

I wanted to add German actress Karoline Herfurth, who had to play an anorexic in "Vincent will Meer", but I found out she just WANTED to lose weight, but her Atkin's Diet made her gain instead. :wtf:

Seth Rogen lost a fair amount of weight for his role in "The Green Hornet"...i think he looks a bit boring in general, but it was probably a very positive change for him and good for his health. The difference in his face is amazing.

seth_rogen.jpg

Beyonce also lost a lot of weight for her role in dreamgirls, i think she made the master cleanse quite popular...

beyonce-weight.jpg

beyonce-master-cleanse.jpg

This is the other way around but i know that Vanessa Hudgens gained a lot of weight for a recent movie of hers.

Beyoncé, haha. 5kg?! That's nearly nothing at her high weight. And it was her who stated in an interview she felt horrible "to be so skinny" and wanted her old weight back! :facepalm:

Seth Rogen lost a fair amount of weight for his role in "The Green Hornet"...i think he looks a bit boring in general, but it was probably a very positive change for him and good for his health. The difference in his face is amazing.

seth_rogen.jpg

Hm, I would take him (you know, dating and... stuff... :oops:) as a fatty, but not as a normal guy. :hmm:

This is the other way around but i know that Vanessa Hudgens gained a lot of weight for a recent movie of hers.

Haha i think i know what you are talking about. I forgot what the movie is called, but here's a picture:

6174008836_1f2e0ceaa1.jpg

That is one hell of a makeover o0.......

I got another one...I love Johnny Depp, but he looks so much better in all of his other movies than he does in the tourist. He gained some weight for that role and was it worth it? No, it is a crap movie anyway... -.-

johnny_depp_on_balcony_in_tourist_with_angelina_jolie_popsugar.jpg

Haha i think i know what you are talking about. I forgot what the movie is called, but here's a picture:

6174008836_1f2e0ceaa1.jpg

That is one hell of a makeover o0.......

Yah that, was looking for pictures but gave up really quickly... lol :p

the role i most admire renee zellweger in was bridget jones which was a book about a funny fat british woman that was turned into a movie :bow:

i think the english really hated that she won the role because she wasnt british or fat, but when the movie came out i think the rest of the world just assumed she was fat already (and my aussie dad swore she was actually british too he was so convinced by her accent):)

she had to gain 28 pounds in two months for the movie and she was told to stop excersing completely and they had her eat 6 pizzas often extra cheesy, doughnuts and other junk food and sweets every day! so that she could go from her original size 4 to a bridget jones size 14! :wtf:

i always thought she was brave/crazy to put her body throught that, on the other hand i hear they paid her $100000 for every pound she gained, but still I'm not sure I would have gone through with it even if I was paid, I don't think my body would ever forgive me :superpuke:

Reactions: 1 user
I think Natalie Portman lost weight for Black Swan, but I'm not sure.

I wanted to add German actress Karoline Herfurth, who had to play an anorexic in "Vincent will Meer", but I found out she just WANTED to lose weight, but her Atkin's Diet made her gain instead. :wtf:

Natalie definitely put on some weight since Black Swan. I don't know how much it was exactly, but i once read an interview in which she said so. Still thought she looked amazing in Friends with Benefits, though :luv:
I always wanted to watch "Vincent will Meer"...is it any good?

Natalie definitely put on some weight since Black Swan. I don't know how much it was exactly, but i once read an interview in which she said so. Still thought she looked amazing in Friends with Benefits, though :luv:
I always wanted to watch "Vincent will Meer"...is it any good?
Didn't watch it yet, sorry. :( But I like to.
Wasn't Mila Kunis starring Friends with benefits? Dosn't matter, both lost weight, I looked it up on the internet. :p Both 20lbs. Mila said: "It took me five months to lose 20 pounds, but it took me just five days – days! – to gain it all back." That could be me. :nervous:

Jared Leto gained a lot of weight for the movie Chapter 27.... i haven't watched the movie but after seeing those pictures i think it's better not to....

I'm just happy he lost the weight again!

tyra.jpg

500full.jpg

Matt Damon has gone both ways.

He got fat for "the informant"

fat-matt-damon.jpg

and VERY thin for "courage under fire"

extremeprep-courageunderfire-590x350.jpg

haven't seen either of those. I like him. He's cute and he seems like a cool person, though I def prefer him at his baseline ;).

I am a big fan of Christian Bale (looking forward to the new Batman movie), but it was hard to watch him in the movie "The Machinist". He's 6'2 and dropped 63 lbs to play a man whose health deteriorates after not sleeping for a year.
I read in an article that his diet only contained coffee, cigarettes and an apple a day.

Here's a picture:

balejuice1.jpg

Do you know other examples (maybe not that extreme^^)?

LOL!!! I literally just did a post about this diet!! Whoa, I need to look around more!! Anyways, he def is gross in that movie, I'm copying his diet though to get to my goal weight.

LOL!!! I literally just did a post about this diet!! Whoa, I need to look around more!! Anyways, he def is gross in that movie, I'm copying his diet though to get to my goal weight.

Just please please don't go THAT far...it is really scary!!

Matt Damon has gone both ways.

He got fat for "the informant"

fat-matt-damon.jpg

and VERY thin for "courage under fire"

extremeprep-courageunderfire-590x350.jpg

haven't seen either of those. I like him. He's cute and he seems like a cool person, though I def prefer him at his baseline ;).

I prefer the way he looks in the Bourne movies^^.... he looks quite old in his fat picture o0....