Abbey Lee Kershaw

Abbey Lee Kershaw for Vogue Germany August 2010 by Alexi Lubomirski
abbey-lee-kershaw-vougue-germany-boho-rock-7.jpg
abbey-lee-kershaw-by-alexi-lubomirski-for-vogue-germany-august-2010-fashion-session-04.jpg

abbeylee.001.jpg

Abbey_Lee_Vogue_Inside_071.jpg
21orgn4.png
abbey-lee-kershaw7.jpg
916-500x677.jpg

The first pic is my favourite :luv:

Abbey was gorgeous and even more so now, but man i have arms like hers in the old photo ): ): Ick, since i dont have abbeys good looks to pull it off like her haha.

Can't decide if I like her better with platinum, dirty blonde or brunette hair aahhh! All of them probably.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't decide if I like her better with platinum, dirty blonde or brunette hair aahhh! All of them probably.

Me too :D Just can´t decide. I think I would like her even with dirty green hair. She´s just so gorgeous.

am i the only one who thinks she looks a bit unwell here :(

I'm with you. I liked Abbey before but now... I don't like the platinum and I think she loss to much on her face. There is something strange about her teeth too, that is more noticeable now, with her face so slim.

Reactions: 1 users

I agree, I think its the hair. When she had the longer brown hair and a tan it made her look really Australian-beach-surfy, it suited her.

I also heard somewhere that she had to have her wisdom teeth taken out, which led to her cheekbones becoming more pronounced. However I cannot remember when or where I heard this, so it may not be true or accurate.

I still love her though, she is a babe.

unwell as in sick? I mean, not to ruffle any feathers here, but, you can't be the epitome of ethereal and delicate without being in some way, unwell. perfect health (whatever that really means) will always be opposed in some ways to perfect aesthetics. in my book, art trumps health any day. the latter is temporary, and the former is forever. will always love her :luv:

Reactions: 3 users
unwell as in sick? I mean, not to ruffle any feathers here, but, you can't be the epitome of ethereal and delicate without being in some way, unwell. perfect health (whatever that really means) will always be opposed in some ways to perfect aesthetics. in my book, art trumps health any day. the latter is temporary, and the former is forever. will always love her :luv:

unwell as in her eyes are sinking into her skull and her jaw/cheekbones are wayyy too defined. i dont think her face suits 'skeletal'- dont get me wrong i love her like no other, but i dont think this picture is great, she just looks gaunt and ill :/ i think if she gained like 3-4lbs it would do her face the world of good

@ExtraShot Alot of people have already agreed! But I have to agree too when I saw the picture all I could think was skeleton! It could be the make up and hair though ....:hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats interesting, cause when I saw the picture I was like "Whooooa wonderful". Maybe its my partly morbid taste ;) Cause now that you say it, I indeed see that her eyes are looking a bit gaunt. For her cheeks...looks like she´s sucking them in a bit? But I can be wrong ;)

I think I understand why she changed her look so much. If I was her I would also have been sick of the cute bikini babe look somewhen I guess (though I liked it on her), but maybe it was just happenstance why she did it that way ;)

I now remember the rag&bone campaign with her and when I saw those pictures I also was a bit worried cause she looks a little gaunt in them, but she has to be thin of course and I think she also likes to look a bit "wasted" sometimes...dunno..I love her and I hope she´s fine :luv:

Here are some of them if it wasn´t already in this thread...I don´t remember...

img_01028_copy.jpg

tumblr_ltn3m8YDi91qet3fo.jpg

img_01638_copy.jpg

img_03138_copy.jpg

On the other hand...there is no make up I think and its DIY, so no flattering light and so on...I think she looks cute in the last one with the peanut butter ;)

I agree with @RedGlitter. I think Abbey Lee likes the edgy, rocker, "wasted" look. It's her new thing and somewhat sets her apart, just like her association with that band does. The combination of her pale skin and white-out hair in addition to her thinness makes her seem more sickly or wasted in a "rocker" way I guess. I like her best when she is in that photo with the black cowboy hat on. She looks very thin but healthier there... which, perhaps, is just because of the coloring.

I love Abbey Lee :luv: so I also hope she is truly not sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats interesting, cause when I saw the picture I was like "Whooooa wonderful". Maybe its my partly morbid taste ;) Cause now that you say it, I indeed see that her eyes are looking a bit gaunt. For her cheeks...looks like she´s sucking them in a bit? But I can be wrong ;)

I think I understand why she changed her look so much. If I was her I would also have been sick of the cute bikini babe look somewhen I guess (though I liked it on her), but maybe it was just happenstance why she did it that way ;)

I now remember the rag&bone campaign with her and when I saw those pictures I also was a bit worried cause she looks a little gaunt in them, but she has to be thin of course and I think she also likes to look a bit "wasted" sometimes...dunno..I love her and I hope she´s fine :luv:

Here are some of them if it wasn´t already in this thread...I don´t remember...

img_01028_copy.jpg

tumblr_ltn3m8YDi91qet3fo.jpg

img_01638_copy.jpg

img_03138_copy.jpg

On the other hand...there is no make up I think and its DIY, so no flattering light and so on...I think she looks cute in the last one with the peanut butter ;)

oh wow... I get that the mood she is going for is "wasted/fucked-up/rough looking" but this kinda turns me off...in the second and third pics she looks old and ill?! Although I do agree that the peanut butter pic is kind of cute (in a morbid sense of humor way).

I love her, I think she's absolutely beautiful, but she does seem to be walking on a very thin line..literally.

Hope she's on top of things.

I love that fourth pic of Abbey! I think she's probably my favorite model ever. I don't know what it is about her, but there's something about her, haha. I've always been really into the brown hair, blue eyes look, and Abbey pulls it off perfectly.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:
abbeyleekershawvoguerussia6.jpg

gregkadel11.jpg

abbey-lee-kershaw-street-style-26.jpg

I love her hair in that last pic and the fact that she has headphones on.

I agree that last photo she looks so chic and cool. I am also in love with that second photo. Her skin, hair everything seems so healthy and gorgeous. Shes so cute!

oh wow... I get that the mood she is going for is "wasted/fucked-up/rough looking" but this kinda turns me off...in the second and third pics she looks old and ill?! Although I do agree that the peanut butter pic is kind of cute (in a morbid sense of humor way).

I love her, I think she's absolutely beautiful, but she does seem to be walking on a very thin line..literally.

Hope she's on top of things.

I totally agree, these pictures are just unflattering and ugly, trying to be "edgy".
Has Abbey Lee ever spoken publicly about whether or not she's had an eating disorder? A friend of mine went to school with her and said that she really struggled going to school in her final year/s because she was struggling with bulimia. I'd take that anecdote with a grain of salt though.