80s / 90s Style?

J

Jasmine

Maybe I'm just in a phase now, but I'm feeling

SO

TOTALLY

RETRO

:cool: I'm so into the 80s / 90s style in general these days. Maybe not the figure, but there are some outrageous clothes and hairdos and the likes that I'm sure any skinny girl could pull off :) (I've been inspired by Beverly Hills 90210.....that's all I can say :lol:)

Who else is with me on the 80s / 90s trend, and who can offer some tips? ;) I'm thinking radical wardrobe change and potential makeover this year :oops:

@salander -- You knew this was coming, right? :lol:

OMG just realized, this is my 1000th post :party::grin: I'm officially an SG addict...YAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
@salander -- You knew this was coming, right? :lol:

Haha, I am so not surprised.

As for going retro, unless I can re-live the "birth" of the industrial music scene in the late 80's/early 90's, I can't think of anything I would go back for, fashion or otherwise. My "mall bangs" were a scary, scary thing that took years to recover from (protip: don't put mall bangs on a curly-haired kid who does not give a damn, it will lead to drama).

With that said, I lived the 80's and 90's and can advise you, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I am so not surprised.

As for going retro, unless I can re-live the "birth" of the industrial music scene in the late 80's/early 90's, I can't think of anything I would go back for, fashion or otherwise. My "mall bangs" were a scary, scary thing that took years to recover from (protip: don't put mall bangs on a curly-haired kid who does not give a damn, it will lead to drama).

OMGGGGG :lol: but :cry: but :wtf::confused:?! I'm confuzzled. Yeah, my hair is naturally wavy/curly, so a fringe could be a difficult thing...But hey, one can dream ;) Models get to change up their hair in radical ways, so who knows, right? ;)

I'm thinking of just doing something crazy! I need crazy in my life again this summer :grin:

OMGGGGG :lol: but :cry: but :wtf::confused:?! I'm confuzzled. Yeah, my hair is naturally wavy/curly, so a fringe could be a difficult thing...But hey, one can dream ;) Models get to change up their hair in radical ways, so who knows, right? ;)

I'm thinking of just doing something crazy! I need crazy in my life again this summer :grin:

Haha, my hair is naturally super-curly, and was even more so as a young salander, so bangs pretty much made me look like I had a poodle-mullet without a ton of effort...which I was completely unwilling to expend nor sit through, as it was not my idea to get bangs in the first place, but something my mother decided "had to happen". It was so not my thing, and I grew them out, threatening anyone who tried to trim them, haha.

Do crazy things, absolutely! Do many of them, because it is fun! And let me know if you need style help, haha - things weren't all bad in that era at all, just I love other parts of my years more. :)

Haha, my hair is naturally super-curly, and was even more so as a young salander, so bangs pretty much made me look like I had a poodle-mullet without a ton of effort...which I was completely unwilling to expend nor sit through, as it was not my idea to get bangs in the first place, but something my mother decided "had to happen". It was so not my thing, and I grew them out, threatening anyone who tried to trim them, haha.

Do crazy things, absolutely! Do many of them, because it is fun! And let me know if you need style help, haha - things weren't all bad in that era at all, just I love other parts of my years more. :)

Aw I know what you mean! I've seen a curly girl with curly bangs and I'm like.....:wtf: please no :\ Curly hair is much best suited for a bob or wear it long with gentle layers. Or rock it short! You know what I mean? (Or be a slut and perm it like me :lol:). I would only do the fringe with regular perms and maintenance. Luckily my roots come out naturally straight! :sneaky:

YAY :D Oooh girl, you'll be getting lots of PMs from me now :lol:

ps. I've been listening to that 1 minute of the episode with the song on repeat for like an hour :wtf::popcorn: I really AM crazy!!!

tumblr_lngxngKohJ1qleo4jo1_400.jpg

:nervous:

Reactions: 1 users
I kind of think my general style is "90's grunge"... I didn't know it was a style until recently. But yeah, a lot of over-sized flannel and combat boots.

In my defense, I'm a lesbian. :lol:;)

61e6d5ca8022a24957e639b5f5157d35.jpg

IS THIS WHO I THINK IT IS?!?!?

If she can pull it off, we are SO bringing the 80s/90s back :cool::party: WOOOOO!!!

Grabbed from the Fashion No thread, sorry:

Personally, I think these are a no-no:

http://www.keds.com/store/SiteController/kedsUK/international

My friend tries to get me to buy them all the time :nopity: When will she learn I don't wear anything remotely close to sneakers unless I'm exercising :lol:

Sorry to tell you dear, but if you're into 80's/90's fashion, these were insanely popular...at least I recall being the only kid without a pair and being teased mercilessly for it, haha.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFkdTZnJzZk80U0JxbHRSTWRyV2FpT0EAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

08fitness.1.600.jpg

(they would be totally appropriate for your jazzercise, though!)

Reactions: 1 users
Besides 90s Chanel (glorious) and maybe leather jackets/studs I have nothing good to say about this dark fashion period. But maybe thats because I despise colors, and hate Hipsters (wearing their mommas levis and crop tops and being oh-so-original/ 200 pounds). Also: nasty hair is nasty.

Grabbed from the Fashion No thread, sorry:

Sorry to tell you dear, but if you're into 80's/90's fashion, these were insanely popular...at least I recall being the only kid without a pair and being teased mercilessly for it, haha.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFkdTZnJzZk80U0JxbHRSTWRyV2FpT0EAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

08fitness.1.600.jpg

(they would be totally appropriate for your jazzercise, though!)

OH GOD NO :wtf:

Ok so maybe I'm selective on my 80s/90s love :lol:

love/hate relationship at least?.....:(

OH GOD NO :wtf:

Ok so maybe I'm selective on my 80s/90s love :lol:

love/hate relationship at least?.....:(

Haha, I never liked them either, because I think they make people's feet look weird. It's okay to just choose the parts you like, but I just thought it was too funny to not point out! ;)

Haha, I never liked them either, because I think they make people's feet look weird. It's okay to just choose the parts you like, but I just thought it was too funny to not point out! ;)

I'm fired :p