2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Skinny Gurl, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Skinny Gurl

Skinny Gurl SG Founder
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stick.figure

Stick.figure Guest

Great article skinny gurl, as always!
    Adriana looks horrendous in those shoots - her midsection does not look like it belongs in a tiny bikini or such. Now I know that she just gave birth, but then please do the smart move and put her ion something that covers her stomach like they did for Barbara palvin - btw, those boots are a whole other story. Ugh.
    Magdalena looks lovely though, seems like she's been very good as always!

3. mulberry

mulberry Guest

:lol:
    Well said! I love that you are writing articles again @Skinny_Gurl, I love your honest critique.
    :luv:

#3 mulberry, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

SG you are SO right on Constance and Magda. They're the two most beautiful models in the whole show and also the skinniest :luv:

Especially Constance, her body used to be so meh but now her legs look amazing!

Can't wait to watch! :)

5. Xsmall

Xsmall SkinnyGossip Royal

LOVED the article :) I'm sitting on the floor like a 2 yr old with my glass of wine waiting for the show. :p

Oh yea and I feel so much pity for Barbara P and having to face the world tonight in those thigh highs.. Yikes

6. Apple

Apple SkinnyGossip Royal

Love all the recent articles SG :luv:

I totally agree with everything you said...although Lily A. actually looks skinnier to me than Erin and Miranda this year.

:superpuke: It really does look like her fat is squeezing out of her boots.

P.S. Does anyone know of any other way to watch the show besides television? Will someone be streaming it as it airs on CBS? Will it be available soon after online? (Desperate to watch it!)

7. Cmac

Cmac Rising Star

I love Magda, her body and face are so perfect. And I do agree that Adrianna and Lily probably shouldn't be on the runway so soon after having babies, but I do have a soft spot for Lily. Her body isn't runway reaady and she's not a thinspo at the moment (but I also agree that she looks better than some who haven't been pregnant recently), but her face is still really pretty and she just seems so lovely....

8. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

Constance looked amazing in the show - I really hope she becomes an angel.
    Magdalena had an amazing xylophone!
    Frida looked super cute
    Cara - I think she looked pretty
    Candice & Miranda looked as though they have gained a bit of weight, but were still toned..
    Erin - I hated her thighs but she was very confident especially when she lost her hat backstage.. funny how they photoshop her hat in the photos though :/
    Barbara looked VERY awkward just in general. She lacked the confidence.
    And for Adriana & Lily ... :run:

Rihanna looked not that bad actually - especially in the last outfit. Her thighs were better than some of the girls!!!
    Bruno Mars - midget.
    Justin Bieber - I've never had Bieber Fever.. but the first song he did :luv:

9. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

LOL at Anonymous Bullcock's twitter post ..

#9 SugarFree, Dec 5, 2012
  10. shannon5

shannon5 Guest

Great article. I really appreciated how fair SG was...as much as we gripe about some of the girls that do VS, I really believe that they are all chosen for a specific reason and they all benefit VS. In particular, Adriana- I remember Giselle and VS getting a TON of positive attention for her walking so soon after having a baby. I'm assuming they are hoping for the same thing with Adriana. VS has definitely perfected marketing.

I think Candice has done a good job of creating a curvy body with muscle. I think her body is almost perfect for VS. I definitely would not lump her in the same category as Erin, whose weird diaper panties did not flatter her massive thighs at all.

11. Danger

Danger Worker Bee

OMG. I am getting an error message everytime I try to click the link! I tried from FB, here and the Article Discussion! I will re try later! I can't wait to read it!

12. abominable_princess

abominable_princess Worker Bee

I get that too!

13. slendergirl

slendergirl Guest

I can't open the article either :(

For anyone who wasn't able to watch it on CBS here's a full video of the show on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_g6tnRwwsY

Doesn't have the same sparkle it used to have I'm afraid!

• Like Like x 1
  14. slendergirl

slendergirl Guest

@abominable_princess it's showing now, hopefully it will for you too if you go back and check :)

Great article SG! Very balanced and I completely agree with what you're saying about their marketing procedures... the entire show was geared up for maximum exposure (why the hell would they use a teenage boy otherwise?!) and lost a lot of credibility IMO for choosing mostly 'it' girls or VS Angels past their sell-by date.

Magdalena stole the show for me and was in a class of her own. She OWNED IT.

#14 slendergirl, Dec 5, 2012
  15. skinnylegs

skinnylegs Rising Star

Loved the article :luv:

16. Alpha Bullcock

Alpha Bullcock Special Guest
    Staff Member

Sorry lovelies, there was a TON of traffic overnight because of all the VS hype and it seemed to hose the server for a few hours. It should be fixed now though... hopefully... :nervous:

17. abominable_princess

abominable_princess Worker Bee

Still doesn't work for me, I don't get an error anymore, I just get an empty page XD
    I'll just keep refreshing~

18. Anna

Anna Grand Dame

Love it... it's so spot on! :grin:
    My two cents are:
    1. Magdalena and her figure :luv:
    2. Lily Aldridge wasn't looking so good but still better (body wise) than Adriana

19. Apple

Apple SkinnyGossip Royal

What was Rihanna on? :wtf:

And I love Bruno Mars! His whole posse during his first performance was awesome. He never got in the way of anyone or made it awkward (except with Barbara, why did she close ughhh). It was cute to see Poppy and Alexa in the crowd.

And no one should let Miranda speak in front of a camera..ever.

20. Alpha Bullcock

Alpha Bullcock Special Guest
    Staff Member

GAH! Something else was messed up. How about now? Can you all see it OK now? :nervous: