Game of Thrones

Oh my god I just got offered to be an extra!

I live in one of the countries where they film and last year they asked for applicants to be extras, and I applied. Yesterday I got an email telling me they kept my application and needed a skinny girl like me for an extra (I had to send my measurements). I've put on a few pounds but she asked if my measurements were the same and I said yes. I have until the 22. (the costume fitting) to lose them again.

This is so exciting!

O. M. G. You are living my dream!

This is sooooo exciting. I only have around 6 left. That shouldn't be hard, not with this kind of motivation.

Oh my god I just got offered to be an extra!

I live in one of the countries where they film and last year they asked for applicants to be extras, and I applied. Yesterday I got an email telling me they kept my application and needed a skinny girl like me for an extra (I had to send my measurements). I've put on a few pounds but she asked if my measurements were the same and I said yes. I have until the 22. (the costume fitting) to lose them again.

This is so exciting!

Awesome! I hope you'll let us know what kind of role your'e playing (I know extra, but just so we can look out for you when the show is on). Good luck losing the weight!

Red Wedding ep made me scream "FUCK THIS SHOW" at the top of my lungs.
"I can believe I watched almost three seasons of this and they do this to me. I hate everyone. I'm so angry. Bleh! I'm done!"

Then I went on to watch the last ep of the season and I was just like Daenerys :luv:

Yeah, it's a really great show. A better show if you just get really into it and let it roller coaster you. Each episode is so well made. Higher budget movie quality, and beautiful. Stoked for new episodes, though I hear we have many months to wait.

Awesome! I hope you'll let us know what kind of role your'e playing (I know extra, but just so we can look out for you when the show is on). Good luck losing the weight!

Thanks, I just got an email today to let me know that I got the part! However I definitely have to make it through the fitting next week. It's brutal diet time right now.

Apparently I'll be a part of a group of people playing victims of a village slaughter somewhere in the north. Don't know more yet :grin:

Thanks, I just got an email today to let me know that I got the part! However I definitely have to make it through the fitting next week. It's brutal diet time right now.

Apparently I'll be a part of a group of people playing victims of a village slaughter somewhere in the north. Don't know more yet :grin:

This is so exciting! :shy:
Tell us what it's like on a movie set, I really want to know! :run:

This was so cool! The first practice was today. Costume fitting tomorrow, filming on Thursday.

I was playing a villager that gets killed. The Wildlings charge in on a village and kill everyone there, women and children alike. So I was running around all day screaming and getting killed over and over again.

The scene will be filmed in this place:
qD0MOZ4.jpg

And there's lots of props to make it look like an actual village.

I really look forward to seeing the costume I'll be wearing.

And now I've signed a contract of confidentiality so I can't talk more about this. However, when the next season comes I'll show you guys who I am!

God it seems like the next season is going to take FOREVER.

The scene will be filmed in this place:
qD0MOZ4.jpg

And there's lots of props to make it look like an actual village.

I really look forward to seeing the costume I'll be wearing.

Soooo cool and excited for you! :grin:

I have read all but the last book available, and watched all of the episodes... What really kills me about this whole series, though, is pretty much whatever you want to happen, is NOT going to happen. Your favorite characters are either going to die or are going to have something terrible happen to them (multiple times, repeatedly, over and over). I understand that you need conflict in a story, to really wrench your heart for the characters you care about. In Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.--good characters also die. But not ALL the god damn characters die, and especially not the main ones you have been rooting for the most. In Game of Thrones, it's like no character is safe, and it's so depressing to watch all of them suffer that I don't know if I have the heart to go onto the next book lol...

<3 Arya & Bran. Pray to George R.R. Martin that they don't die.

Reactions: 1 user
This vacation some guy told me I looked like Margaery from GoT. Haha. Totally NO resemblance whatsoever but I thought it was pretty funny

Soooo cool and excited for you! :grin:

I have read all but the last book available, and watched all of the episodes... What really kills me about this whole series, though, is pretty much whatever you want to happen, is NOT going to happen. Your favorite characters are either going to die or are going to have something terrible happen to them (multiple times, repeatedly, over and over). I understand that you need conflict in a story, to really wrench your heart for the characters you care about. In Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.--good characters also die. But not ALL the god damn characters die, and especially not the main ones you have been rooting for the most. In Game of Thrones, it's like no character is safe, and it's so depressing to watch all of them suffer that I don't know if I have the heart to go onto the next book lol...

<3 Arya & Bran. Pray to George R.R. Martin that they don't die.

Idk... I kind of like it how they are killing of people that you wouldn't expect. I mean in Harry Potter, it was unrealistic for him to survive (well, the whole book is about something unrealistic haha, but you know what I mean). It makes the story more interesting and any preconceived notions about who to root for and what side you are supposed to be on are totally thrown out and you just have to go through it blind, which is a welcome change, because I'm getting really sick of the predictable, protagonist-based stories because the protagonists usually drive me crazy, haha.

Idk... I kind of like it how they are killing of people that you wouldn't expect. I mean in Harry Potter, it was unrealistic for him to survive (well, the whole book is about something unrealistic haha, but you know what I mean). It makes the story more interesting and any preconceived notions about who to root for and what side you are supposed to be on are totally thrown out and you just have to go through it blind, which is a welcome change, because I'm getting really sick of the predictable, protagonist-based stories because the protagonists usually drive me crazy, haha.

I can see your point; it does keep you on your toes... But I guess I just like a better balance of killing lol. For example, I was sad when Ned Stark died at the beginning of the series, but I also acknowledge it as a critical impetus for the rest of the plot. Khal Drogo and Khaleesi's epic baby dying especially sucked (to me), but I acknowledge it as a turning point for Khaleesi--who now won't depend on the power of her husband/son but on her own power, making her a stronger female character. However, as more and more misfortune befalls some of my favorite characters, I can't help but feel demoralized, hopeless for their futures. :nopity: It reminds me of the show "Life is Short" starring Warwick Davis. I liked that show, but you'll find nothing ever really gets better for Warwick Davis, and that's frustrating. I guess in general people like to see positive progress (e.g., we like to see ourselves getting skinnier in the face of adversity and temptation ;) ).

Still, I'd recommend Game of Thrones and respect your enjoyment of that sense of "blindness" it offers. :)