Game of Thrones

Also, is Strong Belwas in the show? He was one of my favorite little characters in the book.

The real reason why Gregor burned Sandor's face: because his little brother was pulling way more chicks than he was.

I just read spoilers trying to find out if Sansa ends up getting raped by Joffrey and I'm literally dying. :smash:

All faith now goes to Dany. I refuse to like anyone else.

Did they age Daenerys? Because in the books Sansa and Dany were both 13 or something, but in the show it looks like Daenerys is older while Sansa is still 13.

In the book, Dany is 13 and Sansa is only 11 at the start of the series. As a comparison, Robb and Jon are both supposed to be only 14. Because HBO loves them some sex scenes (seriously, the one with Lancel and Renly? Their relationship was barely implied in the book), they aged everyone up by three years so that Dany is "legal" on the show, while Sansa is not.

I've been avoiding this thread to not spoil myself for the show, but I'm now up to date (I've read the first three books but I still wanted to experience the show and pretend I didn't know what was going to happen).
I adore the show - not quite as much as the books but it is quite great.
Also Robb and Jon Snow are both 10/10 would bang

Anybody watched The Rains of Castamere yet?

I'm still shaking. I knew it was coming but...not like this. Not. Like. This.

I read the books so I knew the Red Wedding was happening in this episode. Despite all that, It was BRUTAL to see it on screen! The actors did really good.

Attachments

• 943108_461108490639220_1851320196_n.jpg
    943108_461108490639220_1851320196_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 84
Agreed. Ygritte is bangin.
Also, I love her (so-often-hard-set) jaw line.

She's pretty much the only female character in the show that has a decent body imo - the rest are a little chubby...

Hmm.. I heard it is good.. should I watch ?

YES - after the first couple episodes you will be addicted :)

The one thing I really love about this show is that no character is perfect. Even Daenarys, Tyrion, and Jon Snow, who I would say come the closest. They all mess up a lot, which somehow makes the books more realistic despite the fact that there are, you know, dragons in it.

I agree - there really isn't really a defined hero, or a good side and a bad side - I mean, some characters are better than others/nicer than others, and some are pretty bad, but over time, they change, or we find out more about them, and change who we are "rooting for".

Read that over 150 babies born in the USA in 2012 were named Khaleesi lol...Arya and and Cersei are nicer names in my opinion but whatevs lol.

No defined hero, I agree @Golden ice, but I have my favourites, of course Tyrion, and I really love Sansa, and Dany. And I love-to-hate Joffrey and Cersei of course. I want Sansa to become powerful....

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends and I are going to buy the GoT official cookbook and we're going to do a GoT-themed Halloween feast this year!

We're going to make House crests and banners and hang on the walls, source for medieval dinnerware, and attempt to make an fake Iron Throne (basically just cardboard swords stuck to a dining chair lol). My boyfriend's going as a White Walker and I'm probably going as Margaery or Ygritte depending on the weather conditions!

My friends and I are going to buy the GoT official cookbook and we're going to do a GoT-themed Halloween feast this year!

We're going to make House crests and banners and hang on the walls, source for medieval dinnerware, and attempt to make an fake Iron Throne (basically just cardboard swords stuck to a dining chair lol). My boyfriend's going as a White Walker and I'm probably going as Margaery or Ygritte depending on the weather conditions!

Invite meeeeeeeeee

Oh my god I just got offered to be an extra!

I live in one of the countries where they film and last year they asked for applicants to be extras, and I applied. Yesterday I got an email telling me they kept my application and needed a skinny girl like me for an extra (I had to send my measurements). I've put on a few pounds but she asked if my measurements were the same and I said yes. I have until the 22. (the costume fitting) to lose them again.

This is so exciting!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my god I just got offered to be an extra!

I live in one of the countries where they film and last year they asked for applicants to be extras, and I applied. Yesterday I got an email telling me they kept my application and needed a skinny girl like me for an extra (I had to send my measurements). I've put on a few pounds but she asked if my measurements were the same and I said yes. I have until the 22. (the costume fitting) to lose them again.

This is so exciting!

Congrats!!!!! That's so neat! I hope you don't have too much to lose. Have fun!!