Measurements and size

SatelliteEyes

Worker Bee
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
So obviously sizing changes drastically from store to store, but I'm wondering how different body types of the same measurements fit into sizes! I know that it can be frustrating when two girls have the same hip measurement, but one looks much bigger because of things that aren't taken into account -- thighs, for example.

So just to compare, I thought we could post our B/W/H measurements and the sizes we normally take (as well as what stores you tend to shop at, for comparison's sake).

For example:

Measurements: 32AA/24/35
Size: I'm a comfortable 25 in most jeans, and a small/extra small in most tops (although I like to wear mediums because they look like cute baggy tunics and I'm insecure about my stomach).
Stores: Usually the BDG line at Urban Outfitters or H&M (juniors department for the sizes given, their ladies department is huuuge).

Oh, and remember to note if you're using UK or Australian or whatever sizing :) I'm in Canada, so it's North American sizes.

I'm too ashamed to post my measurements right now. But I will come back to this thread when I've been exhibiting more self control. Sigh.

Love Urban Outfitter's jeans, btw. You have good taste!

Ițm 34D(or C)-25-36 and wear 27 in pants at New Yorker, or a 34-36 in European Sizes. I do have some 25 jeans from H&M however. *shrug*. I cannot wear skinnies due to my big thighs and relatively smaller calves, it looks disproportionate. But I can doo looser skinnies or straight leg.

I wear XS to M in shirts and jackets. Due to my wider shoulders but small ribcage, it really depends on the fit.

I'm a 28F!!!!! I take like a size 16 UK for shirts, which is entirely down to my outrageous boobs (I am quite petite in fact, apart from these), and I look stupid in every single top I get because my chest is busting out of it and the rest of it looks like a sack (with strange long sleeves). I hate shopping. :twisted: I look cuboid.

W: 21 H: 32 I don't bother trying to find trousers to fit; I just get ones I like and which can fit on my body and alter them so they don't fall down (it's happened - at my brother's graduation ceremony :S). Most of my clothes end up looking baggy cos I need them to fit over the largest parts.

Sorry for this uninformative rant. I don't know which shops have what sizes - to me they all have one size only; the one which doesn't fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Measurements: it can fluctuate a bit, but usually 33B-23-33 sometimes 33B-24-33.
Size: I can be from a 23-25.
Stores: I'm a 23 in true religion and a 24 at Abercrombie and Fitch. At stores like hollister and urban outfitters i'm likely to be a 25. I tend to be a Small in tops, once in a while XS.

I am 30A/23/30 (my boobs grew a cup size!!!!!) and I fit a uk 6 comfortably everywhere, even a uk 4. Forever 21 size 24 jeans are very comfortable for me. Tops/dress sizes are always XS, and I have trouble buying clothes because I have no hips, so most things don't fit properly or look stupid :/

I'm a 28F!!!!! I take like a size 16 UK for shirts, which is entirely down to my outrageous boobs (I am quite petite in fact, apart from these), and I look stupid in every single top I get because my chest is busting out of it and the rest of it looks like a sack (with strange long sleeves). I hate shopping. :twisted: I look cuboid.

W: 21 H: 32 I don't bother trying to find trousers to fit; I just get ones I like and which can fit on my body and alter them so they don't fall down (it's happened - at my brother's graduation ceremony :S). Most of my clothes end up looking baggy cos I need them to fit over the largest parts.

Sorry for this uninformative rant. I don't know which shops have what sizes - to me they all have one size only; the one which doesn't fit.

You have like the dream proportions - I'm sure your figure is stunning! Do you ever wear stretchy vests (that would say cling to the bust and the waist) or take in shirts? I ask because when I was fat I had thighs two sizes bigger than my hips so my mother would have to sew all my jeans and trousers to fit me :p

HW Measurements: 36A/??/size 27 jeans
Current Measurements:34B/27/37 and 22" thigh

I'm not the smallest of the girls here but I'm happy with my improved stats.

Size: I'm a comfortable 26 in most jeans now. Small tops.
Stores: Nordstrom The Rack for jeans. JC Penney for bras. Various stores ranging from Ross, Express, and Banana Republic for shirts. Love WhiteHouse|BlackMarket for their dresses. My general theory is it doesn't matter where you get it as long as it looks good. I live in a very conservative state so I don't generally venture into the more trendy styles.

'm not the smallest of the girls here but I'm happy with my improved stats.

*like* :)

And thanks for the replies so far! I suppose I'm a rather nosy person :oops: but it's so interesting to see how different bodies can be shaped, and how they fit into various sizes.

My measurements are 34-23-35, and I wear a UK size 6 or 8...as of recently, much more often a 6. But I rarely buy modern clothes as I don't like the way they fit - even the smallest size is often too wide around the waist, just right or a bit wide around hips but too tight around the boobs, and I don't even have boobs to write home about :grin: I much prefer the way vintage clothes are cut as they are better suited to curvier shapes!

I'm 32B/22/34 1/2 and I'm usually a 24 in pants but sometimes I have problems fitting in them because I have an extremely perky butt then really skinny thighs and calfs. Everything else I wear an extra small but sometimes I get a medium in sweaters and jackets because I'm so tall (5'9) and have awkwardly long limbs.

Does anybody know where to get a perfect skinny jean? I can't seem to find one... Hahaha maybe it's me but jeans never seem to cling to my calfs the way I want them to.

@Tzippi I'm also rather tall with thin-ish calves (though judging from your measurement, yours are probably quite a lot smaller!) and I love how Urban Outfitters' BDG line fits, particularly their high-rise cigarette jean.

And their pants are cut nice and long, too... I find that a 34 length fits much more like a 32 at certain stores. Have we seriously gotten to the point of vanity-sized inseams?! :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My measurements are w: 24 inches h : 34.6 inches I am a jeans size 6 I think ? It's the french 38.All my jeans/pants are from Mango . For dresses I would wear 36 or 34 even though none of them are this size cause I prefer larger clothes.
Idk about the shops I mostly buy from Mango and Zara and then I might buy from h&m too but since I lost some pounds the sizes are enormous.
So yes I am a constant 38 for jeans and tops and then 36 for dresses skirts and shorts :grin:

Measurements: 30.5B/22/33 (Recently got my bust measured accurately, so happy I'm not an A cup! now I feel like a have better proportions :grin:)

Size:
Bottoms: Women sizes 00-0 & 23-24
Tops/Dresses: XS & 0/00

Stores:
Bottoms: Pacsun, Wetseal, Forever21, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, Gap, & Aeropostale.
Tops/Dresses: Express, H&M, Banana Republic, New York&Co, Rue21, Wetseal, Forever21, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, Aeropostale, Gap, and American Eagle.

Pants/jeans that fit properly are very hard to find... Wetseal's and Pacsuns's Bullhead skinny jeans, are the only ones that are actually tight on me, the other brands fit okay and some other brands are loose and tend to wrinkle up behind the thighs and under the butt. I don't like the "wrinkly butt" look but it's not all that bad, sometimes I only feel like wearing loose fit jeans and can be quite comfortable. :)

So obviously sizing changes drastically from store to store, but I'm wondering how different body types of the same measurements fit into sizes! I know that it can be frustrating when two girls have the same hip measurement, but one looks much bigger because of things that aren't taken into account -- thighs, for example.

So just to compare, I thought we could post our B/W/H measurements and the sizes we normally take (as well as what stores you tend to shop at, for comparison's sake).

For example:

Measurements: 32AA/24/35
Size: I'm a comfortable 25 in most jeans, and a small/extra small in most tops (although I like to wear mediums because they look like cute baggy tunics and I'm insecure about my stomach).
Stores: Usually the BDG line at Urban Outfitters or H&M (juniors department for the sizes given, their ladies department is huuuge).

Oh, and remember to note if you're using UK or Australian or whatever sizing :) I'm in Canada, so it's North American sizes.

Hey girl :) I've been unfortunately gaining recently, but I'll be back on track with the diet the minute exams are done! I've bought Aritzia jeans in a 24, and they were kind of big, but there was no 23 in that brand. However, you and I are pretty similar measurements/size about the time I bought them, so I guess it really depends where you shop and what brand. GAP of course we'd all fit into a 00 or XXS there, because their sizes are huge :p But I would say normally I try to go for the smallest size possible (even if it's a bit tight on me), because that's a good reminder to keep working towards your goal, or maintain if you're already there!

Im a 32B-25-35
I wear a size 25 in pants and im an extra small in tops and a 2 in dresses, im tall so alot of times the exsmall is too short. Im a uk 4-6.
I shop at urban, bebe, asos, victotiea secret ect

My measurements are 32C/25/35 and my sizes are all over the place when it comes to clothes. I generally wear a size 4 US. Pant wise I vary 2-6 US or 25-27 depending on the store. Pants usually loose around my waist and tight around my thighs. Also due to my long legs I can't buy jeans any where because I need an inseam of 35/36 inches. Recently American Eagle has become my pant store because they offer the length I need.

I am W24.4 H33.1 and my bra size would theorically be 75B(French size) or... 28B I guess. You know, like, most of the brand start at one size, some have one size below (usually not in a cup C or above), and... That's it, I'm one size below. Some nice hello kitty bras exist in 28A... For 10yo girls. Yeah, I'm not a kid anymore, I do have breasts.

I am a 32/34 (French size again) which means a 4-6UK, or the smallest size I can find. This was for shirts. Now pants... Well I am still a size 32/34 but this time XS doesn't work because that's always too wide. Usually H&M's 24 or 25 work (or 12yo... Sigh)
My pants are only from H&M(only when they use the American sizes. When it's a French 34 it doesn't work, and they sell maybe one pair of 32 a year) or Mango (Mango's 32 fits perfectly,) but I buy my shirts anywhere I can find nice ones.

Since I've gained a few pounds ("a few" means 5kg, which means 10 pounds, but I don't want to cry so I just say a few) everything is a bit tight, but it reminds me I have to WORK OUT. (I have HUGE calves. Genetics + ballet = awful legs.)

Im a size weirdo...I wear european 65E bra (and im not big chested..96 circumference ), 59-62 cm waist, 89 hips and you can already tell no dress without heavy stretch is going to fit..jeans - I hate my thights, they are by far worst part of my body and resists any attempts to shrink them so I usually wear size 27 :rolleyes: with 34 inseam and they often get a big tight..barely ever can find any decent sizes, with some brand's vanity sizing (Pepe Jeans?) - it gets progressively harder.
Hm sizing makes me cry, as well as Zara's quality so Im still looking for new favourite brand..