Black Swan

aaw girls, i was just looking for some scenes of black swan at youtube, and found some casting tapes.
i find her so beautiful (don,'t know if she's a good actress though;) )love her collar bones:luv:
what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUIeQqqZms&list=UUIVomjB0KxQWR-sArbA-47Q

i like her body. but I watched her video and i think she's pretty annoying. And she really CAN'T dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kIQwhzvdsM&list=UUIVomjB0KxQWR-sArbA-47Q&index=8

she's gorgeous!!! wow, not a very good dancer nor actress though...she couldn't even do a proper saut de chat in the other video posted about her :/

i like her body. but I watched her video and i think she's pretty annoying. And she really CAN'T dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kIQwhzvdsM&list=UUIVomjB0KxQWR-sArbA-47Q&index=8

i know:oops: i also saw her dancing and she absolutely isn't good at it. though i can't say if she danced for long, because that would make it even more embarassing, or if she just took a few lessons so she could be partof the movie, and for that, i think it's ok, if she had never done it before.
she is just so beautiful, not model-beautiful, but just lovely and sweet (appearance), but i agree that she comes across kind of annoying.

I still love Black Swan! :luv: I love all the details in the movie and all the possible interpretations and everything. It's just one of those movies I love to talk about and re-watch.

A while ago, when I was watching it with my family, everyone was saying how Nina's upper body looked like a boy's/not good :cry: so you can guess what most people in my life think of me at a BMI of 14.2...

Reactions: 1 user
I rewatched it recently - not as impressed as I was the first time.

Maybe it's because since the first time I watched it, I've been following ballet, watching productions with dancers like Svetlana Zakharova, Diana Vishneva etc. and it was like WHOA so this is REAL BALLET.

Now Black Swan looks like a children's aerobic class. :(

I rewatched it recently - not as impressed as I was the first time.

Maybe it's because since the first time I watched it, I've been following ballet, watching productions with dancers like Svetlana Zakharova, Diana Vishneva etc. and it was like WHOA so this is REAL BALLET.

Now Black Swan looks like a children's aerobic class. :(

I also rewatched the movie last night. I am going to a Swan Lake ballet next week so I thought it would be a good idea to watch Black Swan again, because I remember I was so impressed with it the first time. I still like this movie, but not as much as I used to. Some scenes are a bit too scary, like the one in which Beth supposedly hurts herself with that nail file? Brrr..I don't know, I just changed my opinion a little bit after last night.

dab539a8cf36113053b1b3d64f900d2a.jpg

Her xylophone :luv:

I LOVE this movie, the only bit in it I cannot stand is when she gets her ankles 'pulled' by the physio...I always fats forward that scene it is the only part of the film that really grosses me out.

Now I call half a grapefruit and a poached egg a "Black Swan Breakfast" too lol

It's funny how Natalie Portman insisted she could go en pointe, but no footage is ever shown of either her or mila going there.

I used to love this movie! Haven't seen it in awhile though....def was part of what motivated me to lose...

My god I just re-watched this and my appetite is g o n e
I forgot how perfect the film itself was too! It's just so beautiful and haunting and reminds me of Oscar Wilde.
Also, she eats a poached egg and half of a grapefruit for breakfast at the start. Well done.

I just watched it for the first time about two weeks ago, I got it "on Demand" from the cable network. At first I thought that maybe parts had been edited out because I was confused the whole time. I went and bought the DVD and watched it again...still confused....but I digress. I don't know that I can say I love the movie, but I seriously can't stop watching it. It's hypnotizing...all those exquisite bodies!!! It's amazing on so many levels :bow:

As someone who studies film, I can honestly say that Black Swan is one of the best movies of this decade. The cinematography, music, lighting, editing, and also Portman's performance, is just incredible. Although, the plot may seem weird, I think it was an excellent artistic choice because the film is supposed to be a psychological thriller.

As someone who studies film, I can honestly say that Black Swan is one of the best movies of this decade. The cinematography, music, lighting, editing, and also Portman's performance, is just incredible. Although, the plot may seem weird, I think it was an excellent artistic choice because the film is supposed to be a psychological thriller.

I know it's OT, but please recommend some more recent great movies. :)
I loved Only Lovers Left Alive, Springbreakers, and The Great Beauty (Italian film) to name just a few and I'm pretty open about all kinds of movies.

I think the construction of the plot is a little bit similar to the one of Requiem for a Dream in a sense of a slow descent into madness. I love how in both movies the viewer tends to ignore small warnings signs and premonitions, which seem so obvious when the movie comes to an end.