Miley Cyrus

Not sure if this has been posted already, but Cyrus recently referred to herself as "one of the biggest feminists in the world."

What exactly has she done for women's rights? A performance with Mr. Misogyny himself, Robin Thicke? This girl is so stupid and pathetic. I really dislike her after this.

Oh my god...

What did she do for women and little girls sexual exploitation ? Against rap and rap culture ? I'm not here to say her what to do and not to do but she should be ashamed of herself for putting the word feminist in her mouth while she is giving 100% of her energy to the objectification of women.

Like, I don't care about what she does and i would never monitor someone but here, she is really really really outrageous when stating she is a feminist, I feel the pain of all the girls and woman suffering from man domination and violence while this little shitty singer states she is a feminist. So easy to say, "I'm a feminist".

Such a shame that silly and really unclever people have such a big media coverage to talk and express themselves. It makes me genuinely sad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if this has been posted already, but Cyrus recently referred to herself as "one of the biggest feminists in the world."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/miley-cyrus-feminist_n_4274194.html

:headbang: :bs:

What exactly has she done for women's rights? A performance with Mr. Misogyny himself, Robin Thicke? This girl is so stupid and pathetic. I really dislike her after this.

Oh my fucking god, there is something seriously wrong with her. I hope to god that there is a HUGE public backlash by feminists everywhere after this, she is fucking stupid and needs to be told the truth. Dancing around in terrible clothing (or a lack of) does not make you a feminist. There was outrage for what she did because it was unexpected (and was all about cultural appropriation which is never cool), not because she was defying gender norms and fucking up the patriarchy. I get the feeling that she believes she was doing something super radical and breaking feminine stereotypes, when in reality she is scaring people with her erratic and odd behaviour. People are outraged by her performances/behaviour because it is disturbing. Stupid fucking bitch :nopity:

Reactions: 1 user
She has the grossest cankles... I hate them so much. They freak me out.

I watched this documentary about Miley's last couple of debauchery prior to and including the VMA performance. Something like "Miley Cyrus: Movement":facepalm: Anyway, they show the rehearsals and you can see EVERYTHING was planned. There was no improvisation. Robin Thicke LIES!

Anyway, after watching said documentary, and putting together the pieces, I came to the conclusion that Miley makes me sad more than anything. She has said numerous times that she is portraying this crazy image because she wants people to pay attention to her and ultimately listen to her album. And in the documentary, you can see how much energy she puts into it and how proud she is of it. She fails to realize that she is making a fool out of herself and YES, people will listen to the music, but only to make fun of it. It is sad.

Isn't this shit always rehearsed?? Like 99% of the time? Perhaps Miley's people made that decision and Thicke wasn't a fan. A job is a job, but if he can avoid Miley, maybe he can avoid her management as well.

I don't really have an issue with Robin Thicke. If you look at his old stuff, it was much better - it's only the recent songs that he's portraying the image of a douche. But a job is a job and he needs to make money (and it's not like other stars don't do the same), so I can respect that.

In real life though, I'd probably kick a guy like him in the balls. I know what I want, and if I don't want it, I'll fucking destroy you. :twisted:

Isn't this shit always rehearsed?? Like 99% of the time? Perhaps Miley's people made that decision and Thicke wasn't a fan. A job is a job, but if he can avoid Miley, maybe he can avoid her management as well.

Yeah this stuff is always rehearsed and I think he's popular enough (or at least blurred lines was a big enough song) that if he really had an issue with it I'm sure he could have rejected the idea. Plus when I watched an interview with his wife I'm pretty sure she said she knew and was okay with it beforehand

Such a shame that silly and really unclever people have such a big media coverage to talk and express themselves. It makes me genuinely sad.

Oh my fucking god, there is something seriously wrong with her. I hope to god that there is a HUGE public backlash by feminists everywhere after this, she is fucking stupid and needs to be told the truth.

This is a difficult one.
I am in no way offended by the clothes she wears or the (over) sexual behaviour - I can see feminist elements in the way that she disregards all notion of slut shaming and is basically saying "I can show as much skin as I want, Dance as provocatively as I want to and have as much sex as I want and there's nothing wrong with that"
But then you could also argue that by doing this she is in fact adding to the media's belief that women are only there to be looked at (Most articles I've read fail to mention her music, even though she's meant to be a musician:confused:).

And then she grinds up against that sleezeball Thicke who looks like her dad:run::run:

robin-thicke-long-hair-600x450.jpg

Billy_Ray_Cyrus.jpg

This is a difficult one.
I am in no way offended by the clothes she wears or the (over) sexual behaviour - I can see feminist elements in the way that she disregards all notion of slut shaming and is basically saying "I can show as much skin as I want, Dance as provocatively as I want to and have as much sex as I want and there's nothing wrong with that"
But then you could also argue that by doing this she is in fact adding to the media's belief that women are only there to be looked at (Most articles I've read fail to mention her music, even though she's meant to be a musician:confused:).

And then she grinds up against that sleezeball Thicke who looks like her dad:run::run:

robin-thicke-long-hair-600x450.jpg

Billy_Ray_Cyrus.jpg

I'm with you; I'm not offended by what she wears or how she acts because she has the right to use her body how she wants and shouldn't be shamed for it. What I don't like is the fact that she's not doing it for the right reasons. She's said she's acting this way so people will take notice of her and listen to her music, and she didn't transition from her disney girl image slow enough. If anything she rushed into being a badass and it's gone wrong; she's taking a culture and appropriating it not realising that she's being offensive, and she's garnered outrage and has actually given life to the opinion that women who dress and act like that are crazy. I think it's hard to respect her decisions when she's openly said she's acting this way for attention, because that's offensive to all the people she's channeled into her 'new' personality.
It's had more negative effects for feminism in my eyes and that's what annoys me the most.

Reactions: 1 user
I want to rip that Chanel bag off of her! Anyone who grinds a skinny Santa doesn't deserve a bag like that. :mad:

She is trying so hard I feel embarrassed. Does she not realize that other than the teenage girls who idolize her she is a national joke?