Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2019
2.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I really wish she would sort her body out but that face is just angelic so I can’t dismiss her.

Alright... @stargirl @clairefhjao ... educate me. I swear the only thing I saw was a pile of childhood craft projects...
paper-plate-tissue-paper-flower-craft-for-kids.png
fall-tree-kids-craft-3.jpg

I also didn't like the hair and makeup paired with said craft projects (it seemed more in line with a Gucci runway than this)

I think a sleeker/simpler look would've been better but even then I still didn't like the collection.

FYI this isn't me being a dick... I'm honestly interested in what/why you guys (I'm assuming) liked it... cause I clearly didn't get it.

Reactions: 1 user
@hazyshadeofwinter I was hestitant about giving my ‘disagree’ reaction cause of its aggressively red pretense. In reality I definitely don’t look down on your opinion or see it as uneducated, I simply disagree.

I’m not gonna be the person to slave over the show and call it some Avant Garde masterpiece of new age fashion and artistic genius. I did like it though. It was fun and unique, unlike other shows where timeless silhouettes in wearable fabrics are paraded in a more minimalist manner. I like both, I think fashion needs both.

I’m also impressed by the context of it. Not 100% on the details but I believe he only arrived in NYC for the second time in his life three days before the show, after being scouted by Katie Grand. For a designer’s first collection to be held in Marc Jacobs’ basement with access to his shoes and t-shirt’s, a front row full of fashion gods and a runway laced with the most in demand models (and a weird scattering of celebs... emrata and/or Rowan Blanchard?)— it is fairly impressive. Nepotism? Arguably. But nepotism based on Katie’s genuine love for the designs and not some moral obligation to a friend.

The hair and makeup was strange, but I can’t dislike it. It wasn’t, in my opinion, ugly enough to be unflattering, but it wasn’t plain like the thousands of basic, albeit classic and beautiful, natural no makeup looks. Hair somewhat similar to the Miu Miu styles we saw last season which are always a room divider, and I definitely think if they’re done wrong they’re done wrong. The makeup and hair combined wasn’t messy, it was actually very tidy when done (I should point out only maybe 20% had the makeup?) Maybe the main reason I liked it though was because it kinda reminded me of that girl in the meme

273FF577-DBB2-4DC3-8D1A-C111D780DC24.jpeg 8811795A-3B62-4788-A047-AF7AD44DE386.jpeg

See what I mean? And I love that vine!

Anyways I digress. People there said the show was amazing live, and although I couldn’t be further from it, I see what they mean. As for the clothes themselves, some looks are straight up all over the place whilst some look like they would get all the good attention at a red carpet. I can actually envision quite a few outfits worn by A listers to an award show or big event and not looking totally crazy. Even where unwearable, I definitely value the importance of Tomo’s originality in his creations and how well he has performed under the conditions and pressure he surely faced.

TL;DR I’m not gonna pretend the show was something out of this world, but I simply disagree with your dislike of it. I’d hate for you to think anything more of my reaction :inluv:

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
@hazyshadeofwinter I was hestitant about giving my ‘disagree’ reaction cause of its aggressively red pretense. In reality I definitely don’t look down on your opinion or see it as uneducated, I simply disagree.

I’m not gonna be the person to slave over the show and call it some Avant Garde masterpiece of new age fashion and artistic genius. I did like it though. It was fun and unique, unlike other shows where timeless silhouettes in wearable fabrics are paraded in a more minimalist manner. I like both, I think fashion needs both.

I’m also impressed by the context of it. Not 100% on the details but I believe he only arrived in NYC for the second time in his life three days before the show, after being scouted by Katie Grand. For a designer’s first collection to be held in Marc Jacobs’ basement with access to his shoes and t-shirt’s, a front row full of fashion gods and a runway laced with the most in demand models (and a weird scattering of celebs... emrata and/or Rowan Blanchard?)— it is fairly impressive. Nepotism? Arguably. But nepotism based on Katie’s genuine love for the designs and not some moral obligation to a friend.

The hair and makeup was strange, but I can’t dislike it. It wasn’t, in my opinion, ugly enough to be unflattering, but it wasn’t plain like the thousands of basic, albeit classic and beautiful, natural no makeup looks. Hair somewhat similar to the Miu Miu styles we saw last season which are always a room divider, and I definitely think if they’re done wrong they’re done wrong. The makeup and hair combined wasn’t messy, it was actually very tidy when done (I should point out only maybe 20% had the makeup?) Maybe the main reason I liked it though was because it kinda reminded me of that girl in the meme

View attachment 53273 View attachment 53274

See what I mean? And I love that vine!

Anyways I digress. People there said the show was amazing live, and although I couldn’t be further from it, I see what they mean. As for the clothes themselves, some looks are straight up all over the place whilst some look like they would get all the good attention at a red carpet. I can actually envision quite a few outfits worn by A listers to an award show or big event and not looking totally crazy. Even where unwearable, I definitely value the importance of Tomo’s originality in his creations and how well he has performed under the conditions and pressure he surely faced.

TL;DR I’m not gonna pretend the show was something out of this world, but I simply disagree with your dislike of it. I’d hate for you to think anything more of my reaction :inluv:

Thank You for taking the time to respond in such an indepth and insightful manner.

I had zero info on the background of the designer or collection... you've certainly provided some perspective. I still don't like it :p but I can absolutely appreciate what it represents... especially given how difficult it is for an unknown designer to gain any little bit of recognition.

And while my aesthetic is decidedly not this I do agree that fashion does need both (Jeremy Scott exists for a reason)

Also I didn't hate the hair/makeup so much as the pairing... you sited Miu Miu and I Gucci - both share some similar out of the box commonalities <--:confused:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Alright... @stargirl @clairefhjao ... educate me. I swear the only thing I saw was a pile of childhood craft projects...
View attachment 53271 View attachment 53272

I also didn't like the hair and makeup paired with said craft projects (it seemed more in line with a Gucci runway than this)

I think a sleeker/simpler look would've been better but even then I still didn't like the collection.

FYI this isn't me being a dick... I'm honestly interested in what/why you guys (I'm assuming) liked it... cause I clearly didn't get it.
Adding to what Stargirl said, I didn’t find the show ‘crafty’. Yet, as an original interpretation of tulle that detached itself from what we’ve seen with giambattista valli or V&R. The color scheme was very well portrayed, too.

I also enjoyed the story behind it, seems to me as the realisation of the stereotypical “American dream”: second time in NY and he gets all top models to walk in his show. That’s beyond impressive to me.

I wouldn’t wear this, it’s not my style at all (90% of my wardrobe is black lol) nor I would pick it as a celebrity for a red carpet. Therefore, I as well only disagree with you, but I completely understand why you didn’t like it.
More than “educating”, I’m showing my divergent vision of it :)

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users