Taylor Swift

During her interview on Ellen, she mentions she has trouble with “sleep eating.” Apparently, she awakens in the night and will rummage through her kitchen, eat anything she can find “like a raccoon” and not remember it.

She meant for it to seem endearing, I think- the way Jennifer Lawrence talks about being hungry and eating and it’s received (or was for a while until everybody grew sick of it) as relatable. But it came off very awkwardly and even Ellen said “I think you might have a problem.”

Sorry if my formatting is strange, I’m embedding on mobile.

Anyway, I think her weight gain definitely has a psychological route and this confirms it for me.

To be fair, sleep eating is a real thing for those of you who doubt it!

My partner's aunt has "sleep eating" and I think she needs to lock her cabinets at night in a way that would prevent her from getting into them (I don't remember if she actually does or not though).

She stayed at his mom's house a few times and she'll literally go through the kitchen eating the weirdest things in the middle of the night while she's still asleep.

I don't think that's what Taylor Swift has though.. she seems to have had a bad depressive episode, possibly combined with waking up in the middle of the night to binge-eat and being confused in the morning as to whether it happened or not. I know when I'm stressed or depressed reality can become a little bit blurred, and the line between sleeping and being awake becomes muddied (more sleep paralysis & more hypnagogic hallucinations). Or, like others said, she might have just been looking for a convenient excuse.

I definitely think there was some sort of mental health problem going on. There was that year where she essentially disappeared off the face of the earth, and where her affect seemed really off in the casual videos she published. Then, when she did come back she had ballooned in size. It all seems very strange to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Forgot to post these screenshots. I don’t get how her stylists let her perform with those costumes on stage while she futilely tries to disguise those trunks on the red carpet.

View attachment 55499 View attachment 55500

Her tights are the worst! They’re so unflattering and turn her thighs from awful to disastrous. The best part is that I’ve seen some of her fans on Reddit purchasing tights from the same brand cause they believe they’re so flattering :S

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
1828cb93-0095-45af-9053-0141fb76918a-png.55500

omfg that is horrid :superpuke:

I’ve seen some of her fans on Reddit purchasing tights from the same brand cause they believe they’re so flattering :S

The scary thing is that maybe they are. :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
The Ellen thing is interesting because she also offered a different “excuse” for her size in Elle recently:

“I learned to stop hating every ounce of fat on my body. I worked hard to retrain my brain that a little extra weight means curves, shinier hair, and more energy. I think a lot of us push the boundaries of dieting, but taking it too far can be really dangerous. There is no quick fix. I work on accepting my body every day.”

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a26628467/taylor-swift-30th-birthday-lessons/

The fact that she’s talking about having shiny hair and energy now when she claims she didn’t before is the biggest admission I’ve seen from her that she got to her LW via an eating disorder. You should be able to have nice hair and enough energy at a low weight unless you got there by unhealthy means. Of course, she’s now trying to do the usual thing of suggesting you can’t be thin WITHOUT something being wrong with you.

I always wondered if she’d been recovering from an ED (whether formally or not) in that year off. I agree with those who suggested she’s binge eating now though.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 6 users
Also, what is she WEARING on Ellen? That is a give-up look. And she looks like a giant next to Ellen, who is short, sure, but not the smallest person in the world.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.38.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.38.48 PM.png

Versus late 2014:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.39.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.40.19 PM.png

I'm losing hope that she could or still wants to bring it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I can't find one: to takedowns, y/n?

Please do that as a separate post in the thread - to keep people's reacts separate from the rest of your post. Like someone might agree it's a give-up look but not agree to move her to Takedowns.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Taylor Swift on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly... really representing body acceptance there with an accurate depiction of her current body and face, surejan.gif

EW20190517.jpg

Agree! There are celebs in Takedowns that are a lot thinner than Taylor and a lot less annoying (eg. Lucy Hale and Mila Kunis) so i think she definitely belongs there!

Separately (thanks for editing me @FashionThin), I reckon she goes to takedowns now, she's clearly stopped trying to get back to where she was.

Anyone else?

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 4 users
As a long time fan, I’m seriously starting to wonder if she’s been replaced by a clone “Avril Lavigne conspiracy style” , after watching her descent I saw her interview and performance on the Graham Norton show and she literally couldn’t stop drinking wine during her entire interview (none of the other guests were drinking) while she talked about how “happy” she was. She is really starting to show the weight gain on her face now even more, something is definitely up. And she looks like she’s wearing plus size figure skating costumes!!

Attachments

• CC1B9E88-D30B-4426-8C46-9A92FDA903E7.jpeg
    CC1B9E88-D30B-4426-8C46-9A92FDA903E7.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 48707A75-D904-475C-BC59-6C58E945FC70.jpeg
    48707A75-D904-475C-BC59-6C58E945FC70.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,266
  • B51E27AE-2518-41BA-9BCF-EB86CF5AA9F8.jpeg
    B51E27AE-2518-41BA-9BCF-EB86CF5AA9F8.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 221
  • F7DBCBD9-155D-478E-88C9-18C67FA237D3.jpeg
    F7DBCBD9-155D-478E-88C9-18C67FA237D3.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Gross
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users
As a long time fan, I’m seriously starting to wonder if she’s been replaced by a clone “Avril Lavigne conspiracy style” , after watching her descent I saw her interview and performance on the Graham Norton show and she literally couldn’t stop drinking wine during her entire interview (none of the other guests were drinking) while she talked about how “happy” she was. She is really starting to show the weight gain on her face now even more, something is definitely up. And she looks like she’s wearing plus size figure skating costumes!!
honestly amazing you could get through that interview to make those observations, after 1 minute of her saying "like" every 5 seconds I had to turn it off :headbang:

• Funny
  • Agree

If you also notice, the singers she has backing her up are all significantly larger than her (from the brief clip I watched, at least). She has never had anything like that before, she's always had her "squad" of svelte models and ballerina looking girls. Hmmm....

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
OMFG her legs are disgusting. I didn't realize she gained that much. :superpuke:

I have some bad news for you :slinkout: ... These are from Paris the past week.

taylor-swift-joe-alwyn-hold-hands-in-paris-02.jpg

taylor-swift-nrj-studios-paris-09.jpg

taylor-swift-nrj-studios-paris-44.jpg

Why does weight gain so impede these people's ability to dress themselves? She's not plus-sized (yet), she could wear flattering clothes that aren't terrible. At the moment she seems to be veering between twee little girl things (always unflattering unless you are very petite), cut-price figure skater Beyonce, or soccer mom.

As a throwback to classier times, here she is in Paris in 2012 (my mom would have jabbed a finger between her shoulder blades to make her stand up straight, but still... things were better then):

taylor-swift-emma-stone-lunch-in-paris-06.jpg

Taylor+Swift+Taylor+Swift+Paris+Mom+KLLLgUUD6mel.jpg

Edited to add: she does look happier now. So I guess that's good.

• Gross
  • WTF