Game of Thrones

Am I the only one who thinks the show has become practically unwatchable lately?
The quality of writing has dropped to such a point that I can't get through a scene without cringing, and much of the acting makes me wince as well...

Writing/plot twist/overall story arc quality has definitely declined since GRRM left but I do still enjoy it, the filming/sets/music are great and I'm still invested enough to want to know how it all turns out in the end.

Reactions: 1 user
Writing/plot twist/overall story arc quality has definitely declined since GRRM left but I do still enjoy it, the filming/sets/music are great and I'm still invested enough to want to know how it all turns out in the end.

Yea, at this point I'm gonna see it through to the end no matter how bad it gets, but I'm honestly disappointed that it's declined so much.
I wonder if it has to do with the show overtaking the books, like they were relying on the source material for character/story development, but I wouldn't expect that to make such a difference since Martin is supposedly advising on the whole thing... Maybe he's not actually that involved in the details of it. :shrug: Dunno.

Yea, at this point I'm gonna see it through to the end no matter how bad it gets, but I'm honestly disappointed that it's declined so much.
I wonder if it has to do with the show overtaking the books, like they were relying on the source material for character/story development, but I wouldn't expect that to make such a difference since Martin is supposedly advising on the whole thing... Maybe he's not actually that involved in the details of it. :shrug: Dunno.

No he apparently had a bit of a falling out a few seasons back and just isn't involved anymore, he doesn't write one ep per season as he used to and apparently isn't even advising now. (Can't remember where I read that I read too many GoT articles).

No he apparently had a bit of a falling out a few seasons back and just isn't involved anymore, he doesn't write one ep per season as he used to and apparently isn't even advising now. (Can't remember where I read that I read too many GoT articles).

Ah. Suddenly it all makes perfect sense.

19FA2192-EE92-493B-91A8-2C991083B606.jpeg

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users