Lose the Weight- Her View From Home - Blog

Skinny Confidential

Worker Bee
Dec 28, 2017
Recently came across this article:
https://herviewfromhome.com/lose-the-weight/
While I can appreciate the sentiment and fully agree with moms (and women... and people in general) learning to de-stress, become more self aware and self-care, it's become cliche, overdone, and lazy to continue to use "weight" as a metaphor. It is not a witty satire. It is no longer inspirational. Quite frankly, it is a trope and an excuse. Yawn. I'll admit, weight should not determine your worth; but you choose to be fat, average, or slim [in general]. And another inspirational online blogger/influencer/journalist using the same argument that you should lose all the other negative things you deal with instead of losing weight is so representative of American culture today. It is faux self-help and boring. Ignoring the quite honest and real fact that the majority of Americans [focusing here as the problem is significantly worse than other countries and this is where I live] are overweight or obese and could benefit from a wake up call and some tough love is irresponsible and allows them to continue being apathetic. Thank you, next.

Was some random, sad woman’s article worth starting a thread about- especially if your point is that it’s not well written? I didn’t need to spend 5 minutes of my day reading another fatty’s excuses. Could this not have gone here?

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Was some random, sad woman’s article worth starting a thread about- especially if your point is that it’s not well written? I didn’t need to spend 5 minutes of my day reading another fatty’s excuses. Could this not have gone here?
Wasn't sure where to put it, got jt! And it wasn't about the writing, but the repetitive trend of arguing that not losing weight = freeing, revolutionary self-improvement.

Reactions: 1 user