Model Squad

hazyshadeofwinter

SkinnyGossip Royal
Jan 11, 2018
in the ether
Devon Windsor, Shanina Shaik, Nadine Leopold, Hannah Ferguson, Caroline Lowe, & Olivia Culpo seem to be the main focus so far but Daniela Braga, Ping Hue, and Ashley Moore are also featured. It's currently being aired on E! in the US.

They're streaming them free online - not sure if there are regional restrictions
http://www.eonline.com/watch/model-squad

also I found the first episode on youtube

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
I guess it’s half interesting, but very glamorized and ‘Americanized’ (for lack of a better word). The interactions seem very painfully staged, and all the girls are very much commercial models (sidenote: do they need to speak with that dumbed down voice? I don't watch that sort of channels often so I guess I'm not used to it, but I find it atrociously mind-numbing)

I guess it targets E's audience, but still, not impressed in the slightest (thanks for sharing though @hazyshadeofwinter !)

I prefered the documentary Girls en vogue!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I guess it’s half interesting, but very glamorized and ‘Americanized’ (for lack of a better word). The interactions seem very painfully staged, and all the girls are very much commercial models (sidenote: do they need to speak with that dumbed down voice? I don't watch that sort of channels often so I guess I'm not used to it, but I find it atrociously mind-numbing)

I guess it targets E's audience, but still, not impressed in the slightest (thanks for sharing though @hazyshadeofwinter !)

I prefered the documentary Girls en vogue!

It's pretty typical crap television and I definitely didn't mean the post as a recommendation in the slightest. Just posting the information in case someone is interested.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Funny that there’s a new thread about this literally the day after I start watching it haha.

It's pretty typical crap television and I definitely didn't mean the post as a recommendation in the slightest. Just posting the information in case someone is interested.
I agree it’s crap but it’s kind of interesting to watch. There’s also some reverse thinspiration in there :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: 1 user
Funny that there’s a new thread about this literally the day after I start watching it haha.

I agree it’s crap but it’s kind of interesting to watch. There’s also some reverse thinspiration in there :lol:

There are a few kind of interesting parts with some of the girls... I've liked Shanina since that Make Me A Supermodel show (or whatever it was called) and Nadine seems pretty chill and really focused... but the giggling, insipid, clearly produced, social gatherings are painful. And while Daniela seems genuine and hardworking her appearances have to be an orchestrated cameo... that whole GQ testshoot encounter with Ashley was cringeworthy and obviously staged. Honestly I almost feel bad for Ashley even being there (pretty sure IMG dropped her right after filming) she's very very L.A. commercial and way out of her depth in NY.

At any rate it's complete trash TV - it's produced by E! ffs - and while I am "watching" (at least for now) it's not with any sort of seriousness. I had it running as background noise while I was getting work done earlier.

Devon Windsor, Shanina Shaik, Nadine Leopold, Hannah Ferguson, Caroline Lowe, & Olivia Culpo seem to be the main focus so far but Daniela Braga, Ping Hue, and Ashley Moore are also featured. It's currently being aired on E! in the US.

They're streaming them free online - not sure if there are regional restrictions
http://www.eonline.com/watch/model-squad

also I found the first episode on youtube

Olivia looks so out of place i can't